This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another way of saying how I'm feeling might be,

Show me a game with some of the best players. I will watch and the players will have a fan in me. But if you're going to have some pretense for including newer players then why not actually implement something? Why does it have to be some mixed, half-ass conglomerate of shitty and good? Are there not enough good players to make a game? Wonder why. Could it be that we drove off of anyone with even a single iota of honorable competition within them away with countless scandals handled by the same people competing, and so on. No, of course not. This new league that is in no way different than the last league will definitely change that, though.
    sigpic

Comment

As a spectator, I don't get to watch the best games possible, and as a player, I don't get an opportunity to play. You try to satisfy both worlds and the end result is bad. Also it stifles activity because its the same people playing. But the people playing aren't necessarily the best either, from a vertical and horizontal ratings standpoint. Why shouldn't there be a game filled with the top players only (I'm aware that there are so few active remaining that the skill gap would probably be very wide). Can we really expect to flock to the zone overnight when there are blatant fouls seemingly every season. I didn't follow every season with a microscope to be fair so I can't really name off who did and didn't ever play in finals but if you look at other games there are very few complaints about in-game issues. These game companies realize that a key part of creating a competitive game is the appearance of integrity. A game with the rules we had last season doesn't become a competitive game. The game itself probably doesn't even become a competitive game (seriously every game should be recorded in every way possible..) but that's fixable, even if it means making a SS 1.5 you could say, or 1.99 since Continuum is supposed to be a .5.

You guys have lives, great, obviously nothing here should effect that. So why not use your limited time you can devote to brainstorm better ideas that make the future work more efficient. Instead we're sitting here like we're in a bad acid trip "WHAT ARE THE RULES, MAN, WHAT. ARE. THE. RULEEESSSSSS. when the answer is simple and waiting to be acknowledged. Find ways to get community input (and actually implement the good ideas!), dedicate yourselves to making the fairest competition possible not because we're not hippies anymore, man, but because that's what brings in all the yuppie tryhards I'm telling you. Have to create a culture and habit and appearance of integrity because that's what brings in, and keeps, the kind of players you want (good and competitive).
      sigpic

Comment

I like Henry and all but let's be real. There's a physical barrier preventing him from getting within 1000 km of me with any sort of flame or ignited substances. He's probably HelloKitty. He doesn't say anything because you'll immediately recognize his low IQ and he is aware of it. This guy gets his ass fucked.
        sigpic

Comment

Why is there no start and finish date released for this idea??? We need something right now to focus on or VERY soon. This is why I was very surprised TSL is being ignored. TSL is set and ready to go right now and all we need is a schedule so games are not overkill / too numerous , like they were in the past, no caps needed and it creates activity. Do a cup on the side or something but if this is anything like the TWD promised league that never happened or the last twd cup it is going to be a nightmare fail. TSL is proven to create activity.. please start a new TSL season and if you want figure out this idea as TSL goes, have at it. This seems very experimental and vague so far and has me very concerned. The DSB and EG players who signed up and didn't get to play twdt deserve a totally inclusive league which TSL will provide.

Hate to be a nervous nelly but I see zero chance of 10 caps and squads being formed and this being a success. Hope I'm wrong but...…. lol... I cud be a cap if you are all dead set for this. Just curious if this is Henry's idea only or was there group consensus for this? If it can work great but...… TSL and twd squad league wud be better.. just my opinion.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I Appreciate the work going into this but honestly im kinda sick of 5v5, im sick of Star ratings because they cause arguments (twice a year for twdt is enough), i'd really much rather see TWEL make a return or someone finish up plans for the 2v2 tournament that never happened. Restart the next elim season, let TWD run, and maybe TWEL, that is more than enough untill a fall twdt. Assembly lining tournaments is not a good idea. Basing cup worked because people can't ?go base anymore so it wasn't over done. But please someone say otherwise if you dont think this is the case.
            British> my 18th tomoz $$
            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
              Following the success of Basing Cup and TWDT 2018, Warbird and Javelin cup continue draft league format to fill weekends with competitive games.

Considering this cup only needs 5 players to be fielded per team the roster cap could be lower than in Basing Cup or TWDT therefore enabling possibility for 8-10 teams depending how many players are willing to cap.

We could look towards having two different kind of game formats in this cup:

Thursdays

During week many players have limited show rate but in general there are players around for games. WB & Javelin cup could focus on activating lower rated (newer) players during week by using star limitations that allow more lower star players to play. This also gives more focus to captains to select balanced team with pro players as well as using newer potential.

Star limits: 1x 9-10 star, 1x 8-star, 3x 7-6 star

Sundays
              During weekends and mainly Sundays it seems that we can maximize player amounts therefore we could use more TWDT like star limits for Sunday games and make them more focused on pro players of the zone.

Star limits: 2x 9-10 star, 1x 8-star, 1x 7-star, 1x 6-star

This Warbird & Javelin cup would focus on activating both layers of players we have in the zone, newer players during the week and focus on veterans during weekends. Maximizing and activating as many players as possible gives them incentive and sense of belonging meaning they stay logged on and have more interest towards competitive gaming, it also puts focus on veteran captains to pick balanced teams and focus on low-star players too as they would be required to field them during weekday games.

If required, weekday and Sunday games can have different kind of scoring system given different level of players playing in games. For example weekday games could reward 0.5 points for victory while Sunday games reward full 1 point. However suggesting that it would be more beneficial and give more incentive to captains if we reward the games equally 1 point for each victory either during week or weekend.

At the end of the season 4 best teams from Warbird and Javelin ladder play in play-offs and cup concludes to finals between the two best teams. Play-offs and finals will be best of 3, normal games best of one.
              Lets go GReen!
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Quotes are white background. So green on white isn't readable either.
                Really the only thing that works is to leave the default text colour.
                Or I guess to remove all themes so everyone's using the same one, but I don't want a white forum glaring at me while my other screen is black (ss).

Comment

The alternatives to draft are kind of limited with what we have now. TSL is ok (good if a lot of people are interested), TWDT was pretty good, 2v2 could be ok, elim is good or was good sometimes, TWD is really good imo if people are playing. I can see why they might want to do the draft again because its a fun mode and has proven interest. I'd say I'm concerned about interest in this league but really something is better than nothing. The thing I said about the 6* not being able to play in hindsight isn't exactly correct. On Thursdays yeah, there's only a sub opportunity and even then it's probably better to borrow. On Sundays, though, with a smaller roster and more teams like suggested, it's possible that 6* will have more opportunity to play compared to before. It leaves Thursday for the more serious games weirdly but maybe that is a popular day for people, I don't know.
                  sigpic

Comment

There's no start date yet because it's work in progress; need to find captains. Expect more info asap, but estimating it will take few more days. Looking towards starting this early October if we have enough captains and decent amount of signups.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
                      There's no start date yet because it's work in progress; need to find captains. Expect more info asap, but estimating it will take few more days. Looking towards starting this early October if we have enough captains and decent amount of signups.
                      Take your time guy, there is no rush. I just hope that by 2019 you figured out what day of the week this cup could be held on. That would be dope!

Comment

I'll sign on as a non-playing captain if it means getting this show on the road. My eye for misratings is top notch I just need someone to plan with me the picks and tricks so to speak. What are the picks in what order, and what tricks are we going to play on the other teams/captains to show we play hard ball. Please vote me into the best ship of them all: captainship.

Thank you,
                        sigpic

Comment

Sign me up please!
                          TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                          TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                          TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                          ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Please dont sign me up automatically
                            Last edited by Attacks; 09-23-2018, 11:44 AM.
                            British> my 18th tomoz $$
                            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

I also don't want to be signed up automatically/at all
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Same, not rly interested in dueling cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X