Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont worry, no one is. I dont know how Henry Saari and his league team can think that he will get enough captains to get this happening.
    TWDT, the most popular league, had already big time trouble to get 6 qualified caps. Basing cup it was all staff who basicly capped (but Rab) because no one else wanted to. But hey, lets start another draft system cup because getting caps is so fking easy! While even if you can get like 8 teams and caps, the caps will be so unbalanced it is no fun either.
    Major Crisis

Comment

I feel like there's no real requirement to be a captain beyond knowing who to pick in what order and showing up. I feel like there isn't much correlation between in-game skill and captain skill. Of course for some of the drafts where the captain must play, better players should be captain in order to stay competitive. But even with 4 or 5 teams there is a huge skill differential between captains, maybe reduced by the fact that you're now drafting for 2 leagues instead of 3. Then you have players who just won't show up if they're with a certain team, but that is possible currently because if you're on a bad team some players won't show up in like week 3 - but I'm more concerned with people who right from the start are determined not to play because of who's the captain.

Anyway, why not have it where the captains are unable to play? Just throwing out a suggestion here, what if we did a sort of "girl picks the boy to dance with" thing and let 6 stars only be the captains? Nobody complained about a 6* dominating in a game since destruct, so it could be a lot more fair. It would be fun and would get more people involved. There would be rules to prevent someone from fucking up badly, although the idea is that these captains are taking it seriously and not trying to troll the game which is a real concern. Rules such as, you need a second-in-command veteran player to accept something like 60% of your lineup idk. Perhaps the rules wouldn't need much changing at all.
      sigpic

Comment

All these dumb cunts had to do was reboot TWD. Fuck this CUP bullshit that has captains and a draft. No vets will sign or show for this garbage that has a draft? A fucking draft with all 20 active people! Is this to make up for shitty players who now will be picked in the first round instead of the 12th? What the fuck are you thinking Henry? We have TWDT specifically for this, we don't need a lesser form of TWDT right after, this shit is only running people out of the game.

It's frustrating that this whole time that I hounded Henry and the like, they said "oh there is something big coming!". This was it? Fucking serious? Henry, had you gave us some insight, some hint that this was your master plan to keep the zone active, we would of kicked you in the nuts then slapped you like a bitch. Of course you hid this shit from everyone so the insight you garnered was from incactive dumb fucks who would agree with you just because they like sucking you off. Your so fucking stupid and Qan is afraid to lose you, only reason your still here. Your not special man, everyone knows your a fucking twat.

I might be able to accept the fact your completely incompetent creating this league with drafts and captains but the fact you had over a month to figure out 1-2 days a week games would be played on, some rules and shit to get it started and here we are over 2 weeks post TWDT and you still don't have them; its unacceptable pal. Please step down and allow someone who actually wants TW to be around in 2019 to run this shit, your going to kill the last zone of this game you fuck. You got your pixel medal from TWDT, bounce the fuck out please.

-Grasps(ixa)

Comment

My advice would be to start tsl right now. Run it every second day with specific times where the games are played. This requires close to 0 staff work so no excuses.

In the mean time you can try to pick up captains/signups to gauge interest in the cups. Personally if i was involved in staff I would try to get ZHs to cap leagues, your going to zone help this game a lot more as a captain than you will pretending you're doing something in pub.

Maybe reset twd ladder and get rid of these terrible ratings and remove points in a loss. I wouldn't do a twd cup though since it'll flop. Twd is meant to drive activity not be a competitive league.

Comment

There's no good reason at least TSL in off-season mode isn't run when nothing else is going on, except elim maybe. It's easy as fk to do, what motives does Henry have to not allow it?! But actually shouldn't need TSL if TWD was the focus not some shitty base-killing version of twdt...
            Last edited by skyforger; 09-25-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

All Henry needs to do is reboot TWD. That's it. Qan and Wirah already are on board for the fixes to ratings, game after points (no more activity bonuses) and resetting ladders properly (setting squads to 0 rather than erasing them all). We could have finals like we saw in Henry's Season 2 or w/e the fuck it's called and all that needs to be done for those to be successful is to allow borrowing. Not hard.

Apparently Vice agreed that borrows are sometimes needed and is willing to allow them to keep people who showed up to do what they showed up to do; PLAY. We saw this in TWDT. Only reason Henry's stupid league failed was because he was a dumb cunt and wouldn't allow Potenza, Ill and others who were missing 1-2 people to borrow people. I was on ILL, had been for 8 days or someshit but the rules stated that you needed to be on 10 days before, so when we were down 1 person, instead of allowing me to play, Henry allowed us to forfeit like a reckless fucktard wasting our day/time.

Then instead of owning up to why that shit failed (him being powerhungry and an assbaby), he decided it was a total lost cause and saw no reason to do another Season. Guy is a fucking joke.

Bottom line, screw TSL, no one wants to see Jessup/Alextron triple crown that joke league because they are the only active people. Reboot TWD so people from all corners will want to play TW. Fuck your cups, your half assed twdt knockoffs and using every league Ogron makes like it's yours and the success from them are owed to you. Stop pushing your weight around just to show people your the boss of some stupid fucking game by making up dumbshit that no one asked for, just listen to us and give us TWD you lousy cunt.

-Grasps(ixa)

PS: Suuuuuuu papi Zid and my man Skyforger. Miss u. $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                My advice would be to start tsl right now. Run it every second day with specific times where the games are played. This requires close to 0 staff work so no excuses.

In the mean time you can try to pick up captains/signups to gauge interest in the cups. Personally if i was involved in staff I would try to get ZHs to cap leagues, your going to zone help this game a lot more as a captain than you will pretending you're doing something in pub.

Maybe reset twd ladder and get rid of these terrible ratings and remove points in a loss. I wouldn't do a twd cup though since it'll flop. Twd is meant to drive activity not be a competitive league.
                Bump THIS ^

Skyforger said
                There's no good reason at least TSL in off-season mode isn't run when nothing else is going on, except elim maybe. It's easy as fk to do, what motives does Henry have to not allow it?! But actually shouldn't need TSL if TWD was the focus not some shitty base-killing version of twdt...
                Bump THIS ^

Grasps said
                Bottom line, screw TSL, no one wants to see Jessup/Alextron triple crown that joke league because they are the only active people.
                Fuck off for THIS ^ Dunno why you think you can just throw my name and Alextrons out to dis TSL. Don't whine about inactivity and trash TSL with our names used as an argument against it. Bitch move dude......We would both slap you in ratings if TSL goes. TSL is what is needed and your idea relying on twd reset to improve activity will not work in any immediate fix for zone activity. I do support a reset though for TWD now but want TSL to fill in the gaps.

Jessup said this 3 days ago and no serious reply was made so I repost here to concur with Zidane and skyforger
                I think we should start TSL right now to get something going on. If we can do 3 days a week Tues 6 PM EST, Thursday 8PM EST and Sunday 4:00 PM EST and do 6 to 9 games each date (2 or 3 in each division per TSL day) This could get things going right now. Work on cup or twd league as the TSL season goes which can give the needed time it will take for a new league with captains ect.. plus the logistics. It is just too much work for any immediate result. So this is my suggestion. I agree this inactivity is quite detrimental to motivation . It is a grave yard the last 7 days. We have bots loaded in system ready to go and hosts willing right now to start a TSL ladder. My idea is none of this marathon TSL stuff too.. just 6-9 games each day 3 times a week. Simple.. We could start on Tuesday this week if the will is there.
                It is Tuesday and we could be playing TSL but obviously that is not going to happen today.. but please lets do this ASAP
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

TWD def way to go, except I'm not sold on reverting back to losses for points. Gonna make underdog C-class lineups sit out instead of taking a shot. Imo the current points setup and current borrowing enabled are key to decent TWD action that a wide audience loves. Want as much TWD games to play in going as possible when I log on.

With that cave eat def like Grasps ideas. Guy has spark to do stuff for zone which he has shown by the hours he put in for our entertainment. After a season of TWD whatever, we can def do another TWDT and it won't feel like yesterdays leftovers then.

EDIT: also since for Henry setting up TWD will be rocket science so not immediate, then use TSL inbetween as a better javduel/base/etc to be running during peak times to keep players in the habit of logging on while the preparations are made.
                  Last edited by skyforger; 09-25-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Hey Mr.Saari, what ya gonna do? What ya gonna do? MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRuE
                    sigpic

Comment

For record I appreciate grasps vid posts and do not hate you grasps.. I've actually said you should be part of league coordination recently to staffers.. I just had to call you out for using me and alex's name like that. TSL is not a bad league and I think it would be better doing it as I mentioned above in quote... I got to stand up for myself tho.. k.. pc out
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
                        All Henry needs to do is reboot TWD. That's it. Qan and Wirah already are on board for the fixes to ratings, game after points (no more activity bonuses) and resetting ladders properly (setting squads to 0 rather than erasing them all). We could have finals like we saw in Henry's Season 2 or w/e the fuck it's called and all that needs to be done for those to be successful is to allow borrowing. Not hard.

Apparently Vice agreed that borrows are sometimes needed and is willing to allow them to keep people who showed up to do what they showed up to do; PLAY. We saw this in TWDT. Only reason Henry's stupid league failed was because he was a dumb cunt and wouldn't allow Potenza, Ill and others who were missing 1-2 people to borrow people. I was on ILL, had been for 8 days or someshit but the rules stated that you needed to be on 10 days before, so when we were down 1 person, instead of allowing me to play, Henry allowed us to forfeit like a reckless fucktard wasting our day/time.

Then instead of owning up to why that shit failed (him being powerhungry and an assbaby), he decided it was a total lost cause and saw no reason to do another Season. Guy is a fucking joke.

Bottom line, screw TSL, no one wants to see Jessup/Alextron triple crown that joke league because they are the only active people. Reboot TWD so people from all corners will want to play TW. Fuck your cups, your half assed twdt knockoffs and using every league Ogron makes like it's yours and the success from them are owed to you. Stop pushing your weight around just to show people your the boss of some stupid fucking game by making up dumbshit that no one asked for, just listen to us and give us TWD you lousy cunt.

-Grasps(ixa)

PS: Suuuuuuu papi Zid and my man Skyforger. Miss u. $$$$$

Meh.. I dont think anyone really cares about TWD. Its not like it matters whoever is on top or on the bottom. Its just about playing games. TSL is the same imo, but it has scheduled games. Neither of these will get people playing again I think. Yea.. Maybe like some basers who wanted to base, but if I may speak for the people of Envy, none of us is interested in TSL nor TWD. The lack of quality in those games is terrible.
                        Major Crisis

Comment

TSL sounds fun, let's do that. I just want to play something other than pub

Comment

I agree with Major this game along with Henry Saari is complete and utter dogshit dumpster juice...
                            Geio> Down to chill and play that
                            Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

The problem with league planning is that pretty much nobody has any interest in doing it. If you'd like to see one reason why, just take a read through this thread (or any number of leagues threads over the years). At the end of the day, a lot of people are afraid of opening themselves up to ridicule. Especially on the internet, which is srs bsns.

We're still looking at options ... It's moved slower than desired, as unfortunately, leagues group has recently become quite thin. Whether it's quitting because it's not fun (it's really not), for being axed from staff due to inactivity, or because the spirit rather than the letter of the rule was enforced in TWDT. (I can understand all of those.) Or -- not quitting, but just being busy IRL and being unable to contribute. That one's all too common.

We're all too busy being adults, it's the absolute worst job in TW due to myriad toxic personalities, and nobody's getting paid for it. Would be kind of interesting if we paid someone around $500/mo to do leagues planning so they could count it as part of their employment and take it seriously. As it stands it's done whenever there's a free minute. Even worse, many people working on it also have other staff duties to attend to. It all takes a ridiculous amount of time, and few people want to put that in, or deal with the endless monotonous details that accompany it.

We're looking right now at a TWD reset, and perhaps a pivot to a revised TSL with a short season that doesn't rely much on activity, with some other tweaks. Looking at a rhythm along the lines of a lighter league (or two) giving some breathing room for a more prestigious one later. Dueling Cup may have to move to the back-burner; it's time may not yet have come, and it's possible it may never come. Probably the case with 30% of league plans. So it goes.

Sorry to keep you guys in the dark, but it's an absolute skeleton crew. The skeletons could always use some company if you've got the guts to embrace derision and humiliation at the hands of your fellow spaceships. Any takers?
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I've seen some excellent volunteers in this thread wiling to help/share the burden of running leagues
                                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X