TWFD thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWFD thoughts?

Was discussing with someone in TWFD tonight and thought it seems to be slow for some to get back in the fight....

would this division benefit or be more interesting if ships could all attach to each other?
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

add javs and let us attach, but no terr

Comment

I like it as is. Please try it in an official league to officially see how it pans out. . We never have vented this division out properly. It is a fighter division so not sure about javs.. maybe could use them but I dont see why anyone would want to be a jav in this unless they get rockets which would be really annoying. It shouldn't be that hard to regroup so no attach needed in my opinion.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Since most TWFDs happen 3v3 nowdays, the map is too big for spider to cross the map back to action timely and also wb stray&run strat is op in the big map. Allowing attaching (with some energy depletion) would be a cool twist to fix that. Alternatively make the map smaller but the former option seems like an easier fix and could be new fun.

edit: also if ppl wanna jav, let them but don't make it a mandatory ship

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
          Since most TWFDs happen 3v3 nowdays, the map is too big for spider to cross the map back to action timely and also wb stray&run strat is op in the big map. Allowing attaching (with some energy depletion) would be a cool twist to fix that. Alternatively make the map smaller but the former option seems like an easier fix and could be new fun.

edit: also if ppl wanna jav, let them but don't make it a mandatory ship
          Isn't there a way to decrease the spawn zone? Wasn't spawn zone increased in twdd and elim .. perhaps we could tighten it up in a much smaller radius, Say from center to the very outside of the first wall column pattern. Attaching serves no real purpose as there is no flag. Remember this is a twdd/twjd format based on 10 death elimination unlike twsd or base, I think attaching would create something toooo new. TWFD has been around for years like this now and it works as is. I'm not opposed to a jav added just no rockets please. Heck allow a lev too lol...… hmm There are some combination of ships in this arena that could be epic ,, it shouldn't be called twfd though if you want to make attach games in this arena. call it TWMB (trench wars multi-ship duel) Then allow any ship to be used. Terr could allow attach but it would be up to teams to decide if they would rather have an attach strategy or another one. Sharks could really make the game interesting if teams chose that ship. Def think a good game could evolve allowing all 8 ships as an option,.. but it would not be twfd lol...……. imagine a lev terr lol but lev would need a 21 bounty to attach though. So many fun combos possible for something new.
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

TWMD * TRENCH WARS MULTI-SHIP DUEL
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

i like the concept of the 3 ship as it is to be honest i thought it was a fresh idea when i came back to the zone... and had fun playing it.... just found especially in spider it very slow to get across that map back into the fight....

javs have their league.. so do wbs that being said.. but ive never considered a jav a "fighter" more of a "bomber"

the decreasing spawn idea is interesting too....

i guess the side question... would guys stay connected as a turret.. and would this influence the game... i would think staying attached might be bad as you risk losing multiple deaths off of one shot... but who knows if the upside is better
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

The map is just way way too big, you can run all day. It should be quarter of its size now and maybe that would help

Comment

Interesting idea, easy to put in if it seems like the right move. Can also look at reducing spawns. Changing a map is more work but doable. I'd be interested if it'd get more people playing.

Staying attached would generally be a poor strategy. Pretty much always better to come from two angles rather than one. But we could make it even less viable by reducing Thrust and/or Speed when there are players already attached.

Jav is an interesting idea. Would have to be done the right way, of course.

Always thought the requirement for one of each ship was sort of a failing of the map. If a map is well-balanced between short and long range, different kinds of shot opportunities, etc., any lineup should be possible (possibly including Jav). If one ship is dominant, the terrain is giving too much of an advantage to particular settings.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                    Interesting idea, easy to put in if it seems like the right move. Can also look at reducing spawns. Changing a map is more work but doable. I'd be interested if it'd get more people playing.

Staying attached would generally be a poor strategy. Pretty much always better to come from two angles rather than one. But we could make it even less viable by reducing Thrust and/or Speed when there are players already attached.

Jav is an interesting idea. Would have to be done the right way, of course.

Always thought the requirement for one of each ship was sort of a failing of the map. If a map is well-balanced between short and long range, different kinds of shot opportunities, etc., any lineup should be possible (possibly including Jav). If one ship is dominant, the terrain is giving too much of an advantage to particular settings.
                    if its a "fighter division" though the jav doesnt really have a place methinks...

and if u dont state u have to have at least 1 of each i think u will find it will probably become a WB fest or maybe wb and lanc. i think u might see the spider go by the wayside quickly

Comment

Test it out while its off-season. Antiwarp remains so it should only really help regrouping after deaths.

Comment

No. Thanks
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                        X