--
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Smack My Bitch Up

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
        Smack My Bitch Up
        You can't deny that video's greatness, it is above all

Actually, if you've ever seen The Chemical Brother's "Star Guitar" video that's really original and fun to watch, with the syncing music and scenery going by in a train... it's swell
        Last edited by Spybreak!; 08-07-2003, 07:24 PM.
        hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
        !

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
          Pearl Jam - "Do the Evolution"

Comment

I always find it somewhat humorous that a number of people think Pearl Jam's "Do The Evolution" is one of the greatest music videos (although I do agree with those who do). Allow me to explain why.

The video was animed by Todd McFarlane Productions - for those of you who are unaware, Todd McFarlane was the creator of the comic book series "Spawn", which eventually branched out into action figures/movies/etc. Anyway, it just so happens that Todd McFarlane is a huge Pearl Jam fan. After listening to their newest album Yield (this is in 1997, mind you), he felt that their song "Do The Evolution" would be the perfect song to convert to video. The only obstacle standing in his way was the fact that the band, particularly Eddie Vedder, hated MTV with a passion.

The only real "Video" Pearl Jam had made up to that point was the one for the song "Jeremy" from their first album, Ten. It was a huge success, winning several MTV Video Music Awards. When the band went to accept the award, the acceptance speech Eddie Vedder gave consisted of this: "Thanks for the award, although I could really care less whether we won it or not. I guess since everyone that watches MTV thought this one was pretty good, we don't have to make these (music videos) anymore."

At that point, Pearl Jam ceased making music videos- partly because of their informal "boycott" on MTV and partly because the band thought they were a complete waste of time. McFarlane knew this, though. When he contacted the band to make the video, he stressed that it would be an animated video and that the band wouldn't have to contribute anything to it other than the song itself. The band responded with this comment: "We don't care if you make the video, we just don't want to be in it."

So there you have it. McFarlane went on to create a brilliant animated music video that coincided perfectly with the song's message. With zero input or involvement from Pearl Jam whatsoever (with the exception of the fantastic song ).
            Last edited by Pearl Jam; 08-07-2003, 06:48 PM.
            PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

hmmm.... thats a toughie.....

The Runners Up:

Linkin Park - Pts. of Athrty (the robots and aliens fighting)
              Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love (the Goth Gangstas, LOLZ )

The Best Music Video of All Time:

Sabotoge by The Beastie Boys

they go around the town in cop cars looking like an old 70's Cop Show. funny funny funny
              DELETED

Comment

pearl jam knows his pearl jam stuff. I'd have to say my favorite video iss.. AFI - he who laughs last or sum 41 - the hell song

Comment

Aerosmith - Crazy

Mmm... Liv Tyler and Alicia Silverstone...

Comment

i'm only a so-so fan of radiohead, but karma police is a pretty damn good video, along with most radiohead music video's.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                      Smack My Bitch Up
                      ()_()
                      (0.o)
                      (")(")

Comment

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication
                        Coldplay - The Scientist
                        Queens of the Stone Age - Go With The flow
                        Korn - Freak On A Leash
                        CKY- 96 Quite Bitter Beings
                        Rammstein- Du Hast

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                          Korn - Freak On A Leash
                          Heh. Again, the animation and special effects in this video were all done by Todd McFarlane. I don't particularly like Korn's music, but I agree that this was a very original video.
                          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

All my rambling and I have yet to list my favorites

My all-time favorite:

Radiohead - Just

Runners-Up:

Pearl Jam - Do The Evolution
                            Pearl Jam - Jeremy
                            The Dandy Warhols - Not if you were the last junky on earth
                            Radiohead - Paranoid Android
                            Quannum - I changed my mind
                            Fatboy Slim - Rockafella Skank (the song has been played to death and then some, but I still laugh at breakdancing cowboys)
                            Daft Punk - Around the world
                            Lo Fidelity All-Stars - Battleflag (somewhat creepy)

Anything else that is original and creative.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
                              I always find it somewhat humorous that a number of people think Pearl Jam's "Do The Evolution" is one of the greatest music videos (although I do agree with those who do). Allow me to explain why.

The video was animed by Todd McFarlane Productions - for those of you who are unaware, Todd McFarlane was the creator of the comic book series "Spawn", which eventually branched out into action figures/movies/etc. Anyway, it just so happens that Todd McFarlane is a huge Pearl Jam fan. After listening to their newest album Yield (this is in 1997, mind you), he felt that their song "Do The Evolution" would be the perfect song to convert to video. The only obstacle standing in his way was the fact that the band, particularly Eddie Vedder, hated MTV with a passion.

The only real "Video" Pearl Jam had made up to that point was the one for the song "Jeremy" from their first album, Ten. It was a huge success, winning several MTV Video Music Awards. When the band went to accept the award, the acceptance speech Eddie Vedder gave consisted of this: "Thanks for the award, although I could really care less whether we won it or not. I guess since everyone that watches MTV thought this one was pretty good, we don't have to make these (music videos) anymore."

At that point, Pearl Jam ceased making music videos- partly because of their informal "boycott" on MTV and partly because the band thought they were a complete waste of time. McFarlane knew this, though. When he contacted the band to make the video, he stressed that it would be an animated video and that the band wouldn't have to contribute anything to it other than the song itself. The band responded with this comment: "We don't care if you make the video, we just don't want to be in it."

So there you have it. McFarlane went on to create a brilliant animated music video that coincided perfectly with the song's message. With zero input or involvement from Pearl Jam whatsoever (with the exception of the fantastic song ).
                              yeah, the first time i saw it i remembered, "pearl jam doesnt do videos"

i didnt know jeremy was a video.
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                              X