No announcement yet.

<3 <--- wtf? stupid lingos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the guy that types everything out and capitalizes and punctuates. I feel like a better man for it, but the truth is, it's way slower. Think about it. What's faster? Typing a "<3" or typing some shit like, "It's okay bro, it's okay. Let's forget our troubles." What does bother me, though is the fact that lol no longer means "laugh out loud". Nobody ever says anything in Subspace funny enough to warrant a true "lol". Sometimes I'll say it when I do something stupid in a duel, because that does make me snicker, but still, so many inane conversations that aren't funny at all contain "lol"'s.
    -Face
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I only say lol whens omething makes me smile du to humour, Ive never in my memory laffed on ss

I also say laff when im trying to be nice to some1 but just giving a dead reply int he hope theyd shuut up

Comment

The internet is a funny place I laugh out loud allll the time- seriously
        I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Hey friends. What's up with the title of this thread? "wtf? stupid lingos."

wtf? wtf! WTF
          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Why dont u try reading the first few posts and see what its about

Comment

My signature is to say "hola" as a greeting and call people "folks".

For some reason, people get offended by being called "folks".

Comment

You stole Hola! from me
                There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

...Maybe they say 'ez' because it was one quick shot?
                  ok then i guess everyone should say it after every kill :P
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

one ez shot kill is where u get them in one shot where they dont dodge it..i assume

Comment

well its not the fact that they are acronyms and easier to type. I agree with that, and support it.

It just annoys me how one person will say something "elite" or funny and everyone else starts saying it. Most of the words I put in the list got to be popular that way I suppose.

Example of annoyment......

Jimmy> hey friend
                      E71T3> sup
                      E71T3> i aint yo friend
                      E71T3> so stfu
                      E71T3> gg.
                      Jimmy> gg

(just a stupid example)
                      sup is another one of these words by the way

and the "wtf" part in the subject is meant to be ironic

Comment

Haha i didnt notice, so thats what he meant ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Machine of God
                          well its not the fact that they are acronyms and easier to type. I agree with that, and support it.

It just annoys me how one person will say something "elite" or funny and everyone else starts saying it. Most of the words I put in the list got to be popular that way I suppose.

Example of annoyment......

Jimmy> hey friend
                          E71T3> sup
                          E71T3> i aint yo friend
                          E71T3> so stfu
                          E71T3> gg.
                          Jimmy> gg

(just a stupid example)
                          sup is another one of these words by the way

and the "wtf" part in the subject is meant to be ironic
                          I actually partly agree with your view. When someone says 'gg' it does piss me off, since it has all the stigma of mockery attached to it. And acronyms that are used to put people down or show disrespect are downright wrong. A few examples:

- Calling someone a "newb" for whatever reason (the terms "n00b" "noob" "newb" all piss me off, go back to Counterstrike or whatever, jesus christ)
                          - Saying "stfu" to someone as an insult

These are all abuses of acronyms and violate the Sacred Acronym Code (SAC): Thou shalt not use acronyms to put people down and generally be an 455H013 about it. I mean come on, if you're going to be an asshole, do it with style and originality.

Back in 2000 when Sabe invented "gtfo" he meant it to be used jokingly, not to deride people. RESPECT THE ACRONYMS PEOPLE. _/\_o_
                          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

I am really offended by that! To think that you all say that none of you say those stupid lingo's I sure as hell know that some of you do coz I talk to some of you... not metioning any names... but... and don't make fun of my squad!
                            Sina Olet Sootti :)

Comment

I use acronyms because obscenity block is forced on.
                              And aussie they take things in the game so damn seriously its hard not to.
                              What's new this week on Cumulo's logs of shit that offends the fuckin hippie? Did someone not take in a stray dog or something?
                              -not alot of text-
                              sage

Comment

Don't worry Aussie, they don't have a thing on us. They have nothing better to do than talk the same way they do in pub chat. They're just jealous because we have you and they don't!!! And whats wrong with being a hippie?

Comment

Working...
                                X