Subspace is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subspace will die if any of the following things happen:

A) PriitK and company drop further development of continuum permanently (unlikely)
    B) The company with the current rights to the original subspace decide to take legal action (more likely than A, still not likely). More likely if they decide to make a new commercial subspaceish game.
    C) All of the currently donated servers become financially unfeasible (most likely)

Trench Wars will die if there's not enough money to support the current hosting situation and no one in the SS "community" is willing to help out. The TW player base is huge and incurs high bandwidth/processing requirements - not many would be willing to donate those kinds of resources.
    'vet' is the new 'newb'.
    sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Epinephrine can pay for the server in a few years. Hes going to go to med school and make mad elite cash. He said he would pay for it.. and buy me a BMW and he is even gonna go to the moon like that guy from BSB was going to. Yup.
      Spider
      Formerly EEK! A Spider!
      Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

And then lose it all in a flame of controversy when those pictures of him and the dead goat surface.

I mean, beastiality is bad enough, but necro-beastiality?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
          I mean, beastiality is bad enough, but necro-beastiality?

Only through experience can one gain such knowledge of such mortifying practices.

Comment

When we have to jav in 3d, i can hardly imagine anyone getting good at it anytime soon. Warbirds will take approximately 5 minutes. Rebounding 3d is pretty intense
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

i would definitely give it a shot, it sounds like it could possibly end old-school subspace... who knows?

the subspace 3d zone was crap i thought, i mean, good try at it, they put some good work into it but i really couldnt stand playing it.

Comment

The subspace 3d zone was nice graphics wise, but it had little to no gameplay.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

how many 3D space shooters are out there... TONS AND TONS! if SS becomes 3D, it is gonna lose all it's originality. And think, how hard it will be for users to create zones with custom graphics. They would have to make 3D models, maybe even buy some 3d modeler which costs like 300 bucks. Not everyone can do that. I would give subspace 3D a shot, but then many of the zones can go bye bye.

Althought, i have a solution. Subspace 3D would be 2 games in one, which are connected. Zone owners can choose whether they want to create a 3D zone or an old school 2D zone. And users can access both types of zones from the same application. I personally think a 3d SS is not gonna beat old SS in terms of population. Why? because you gotta have a good video card for that, it'll prolly be like 100 megs D/L, super lag, difficult to learn three dimensional piloting and all that crap.
                  Originally posted by Acidmouse
                  pv=nrt your American you cant possibly understand anything.
                  Spiderex> gg
                  PureX> stfu newbie

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderex
                    difficult to learn three dimensional piloting and all that crap.
                    SS people are sad indeed

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
                    1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
                    1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
                    1:Zloy> Why
                    1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

fuck that newfangled 3d shit, it would be a totally different game
                      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderex
                        how many 3D space shooters are out there... TONS AND TONS! if SS becomes 3D, it is gonna lose all it's originality. And think, how hard it will be for users to create zones with custom graphics. They would have to make 3D models, maybe even buy some 3d modeler which costs like 300 bucks. Not everyone can do that. I would give subspace 3D a shot, but then many of the zones can go bye bye.

Althought, i have a solution. Subspace 3D would be 2 games in one, which are connected. Zone owners can choose whether they want to create a 3D zone or an old school 2D zone. And users can access both types of zones from the same application. I personally think a 3d SS is not gonna beat old SS in terms of population. Why? because you gotta have a good video card for that, it'll prolly be like 100 megs D/L, super lag, difficult to learn three dimensional piloting and all that crap.
                        that would be a good idea... but we'll have to wait and see what comes up

Comment

were all gonna die ;/

Comment

true

Comment

I wish this fucking game would die. I've been flying the spaceships since I was 12. I'm heading for 20 now. That spells Loser with a capital L.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

your av makes up for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X