Elusive Squadsite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now You Know

Well, that was all that changed lol, the banner will be removed too once we get a better address, the current root address was just to long so i needed something short and something representable, you understand
    -SSCU Trench Wars Moderator
    http://elusive.sscentral.com

Comment

one of his better designs? i'd sure like to see some of his older then...
      SSCX Extreme Games Moderator

Comment

Re: Vector? Titles?

Originally posted by Thorn
        Also, i didn't use ANY vector graphics, i drew the site 80% by hand with a mouse and a lot of zooming Quality hehe.
        :eek: Christ man, I'm suprised you haven't gone blind yet working with such tiny detail.

I still think you should experiment with some new styles though. Don't get me wrong, your work is great, but change is good.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I will

Next site i make will have a new look and feel to it, i assure you.
          -SSCU Trench Wars Moderator
          http://elusive.sscentral.com

Comment

Originally posted by syc0tik
            Looks good, but you need to experiment with something new. Vector graphics are old news, especially from you.
            Agreed, I could make it in 30 minutes $$$
            I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Re: I will

Originally posted by Thorn
              Next site i make will have a new look and feel to it, i assure you.
              Hope that you take what I said above this post sarcastically... or god help us all! *trembles*

*bump*

Comment

NICE THORN, I LOVE IT!!! (im hyper rite now, so don't mind me)
                trippz.....!!!

Comment

Nice job Cyber Sex err i mean Strike

Comment

my honest opinions on the layout... don't take offense, it's good clean criticism from a fellow designer. i'll tell it as i see it, all ass-kissing aside.

first off, your focal point, whether you intended it or not, is the java scrolling news script. it's good because it draws your viewers to your recent updates quickly, but makes the rest of your site look very bland. what you have here is a business website style layout, but with recreational content, and that doesn't quite jive for me. i look at the site and expect to read about off-shore drilling as opposed to kicking virtual ass in a spaceship game.

the lack of graphics also bothers me. you have a small logo, an even smaller version of your logo, and several button graphics that are basically silhouttes of your logo. the rest of your images are just supplemental layout elements (which you handled well). but after seeing some of your past work, i crave more art, less business.

your content layout is your good point though. you have the information you want in easy-to-find places. your navigation is direct and concise, and your coding works well in several different browsers. props to you on that.

the color scheme bothers me. green/grey/white is too "bright" and it's stressful on the eyes. i'd suggest you restrict the green/grey/white layout to within your tables and use a dark grey (gridded would work) as your page background. it would balance your colors nicely as well as make it more relaxing on the eyes.

Good points: coding, navigation, information priority location, browser compatibility.
                    Bad points: lack of imagery, color scheme application, unemotional, layout simplicity.

overall, i'd say it's a decent site made by someone who knows what they're doing, but lacked inspiration when making the site. and especially since i've seen your past work, you're capable of much more.
                    plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Nice page

Nice page, but you're still ez. GG. Luv yas.

-Spider
                      Tee Hee Hee!
                      Spider
                      Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                      Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Re: Nice page

Originally posted by Spider
                        Nice page, but you're still ez. GG. Luv yas.

-Spider
                        Tee Hee Hee!
                        Spider> I like to touch little boys in their special area
                        Stab> WTF sd;fjasdfjsdf;sjdfd ;lkj OMFG
                        Spider> Ya, then I like them to jizz in my mouth!

SIGH SPIDER.. WHEN WILL IT STOP----------
                        *Just for everyone's information, this really did occur in elim today*

.... HAHAHHA OWNED SPIDER $

Comment

Nice site c-s!

Comment

u have my oppinion already.. but still ..good job cornythorny
                            Trench Wars Moderator
                            TW Gallery Admin
                            TWEL Operator
                            aka ronaldo

Comment

Looks fine..

Only the news rolling is a bit annoying,
                              since it always starts over again when
                              browsing the site.
                              BlueTooth

Comment

good stuff.. read the history of the squad. Epi does a good job with that stuff.
                                Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                                X