A big concern in elim arenas, plz read. Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
    Force all spawners in elim to play in Extreme Games for 3 months, 2 hours a day.

That'll cure just about anyone of their bad ways.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Last edited by Eric is God; 10-03-2006, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Re: Who cares?

Originally posted by PEGASiS
        EiG, you're cool with me and all but this is a little out of hand. The fact remains that you are wayyy to upset about a 2d internet game against people that you should never meet. We are talking about Elim, an arena that is lame. Everyone spawns and vulches, and everyone has a bad game, even the best people from the best squads. Skill is not the only thing that matters in there, so rank is often just a bunch of meaningless bullshit. I have given Mug freekills as well as many other people. It doesn't bother me because I have a life outside of SS and I hope that everyone else does too. If you know that you can leave your computer and go do something fun, then this whole issue shouldn't matter to you. Lighten up and have fun, that's what this game is about. If some people get off on having unreal ratios from free kills, let them. Go play on the other side of the arena. It'll be ok .
        Well its not like he's going out into the streets and protesting... I'm sure EiG isn't depressed over this, sitting in his room crying about it. Maybe he is at his computer to have fun with this game that he plays. It's hard to have fun with a game when people dont play properly. If he just lets things go like you're suggesting then the game will eventually become no fun. While I'm sure that this wouldn't be the end of anybody's world, some people would be a little bored here and there. There are some people who want to see elim matter for something. Not in their everyday life though.

People don't seem to understand... when other people complain about this game, it's not because they want their life to get better but they want the game to get better. People telling you "it's just a game" aren't really thinking things through. It is clear that subspace is a game everyone knows this. If I have a complaint about a person or thing in the game, I don't seek them down in my regular day and talk to them person to person.
        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

actually , it is not that good to get free kills since uor ave decreases alot therefore uor rank increases very little
          There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

In my opinion, I dont believe anyone deserves a warn for blatant teaming in elim. In my opinion I believe they should just be specced on sight, because first of all they obviously know what they are doing, and they obviously know its illegal, and when you *warn someone for teaming they start to put on an "act". They pretend to shoot at eachother, totaly miss each other, few bombs here few bombs there, do they actually hit each other? no. Then I'll hear people saying "You cant spec em, they are fighting cuz they are shooting" even though its quite obvious that they are aiming off on purpose. I just felt like saying this because I really do believe that a teamer knows what he/she is doing, and so I believe no warning should be given, just a str8 up spec. But that rule is prolly never gonna change heh.
            -Matorian (Matorian@paladen.net)

Trench Wars Moderator
            Trench Wars Staff Trainer
            Trench Wars Map Developer
            Trench Wars Divisions Operator

"I'm taciturn and reluctant, I dislike others being involved in my affairs; a Lone Wolf..."
            -=(Creator of ?go matrix2 | ?go gatez2 | ?go battlezone | ?go twtown)=-

Comment

Ban on the Run

Ditch warnings altogether, make sure that any and all rules carry forced accessibility, and ban ban ban until your fingers cramp up.

I submit that an increase in the severity of penalties, coupled with an lowering of the threshold above which behavior that is significantly undesirable earns said penalties, would lower time costs for moderators, event referees, and zone hosts (I guess I could have just said 'TW Staff' there, but I'm feeling boorish today) while making the game a more pleasant, orderly experience for its fans by deterring childish antics and miscreant tomfoolery.
              Further, the time costs of increases in penalty severity and staff willingness to administer those penalties would, I hypothesize, be negligible in the short run, and would be more than made up for by the aforementioned time cost gains over the long run. Of course, these changes would require enforcing persons to take more of a "hardass" role; a role some people don't like to play the disciplinarian because it requires confrontation. If, however, it is a sound, policy-based decision to implement something along the lines of these changes, and the costs of implementation of those changes are low, the benefits of such a change would seem to outweigh the detriments, at least to my untrained eye.

To be fair, one should note the difficulties in recruiting people to fairly demanding, unpaid staff positions. Especially in that light, I think TW management has generally done a fine job in filling the needs of the user community. It would be nice if they'd add some people just to host private basing matches, though. That shit is so fun -- I just can't get enough . . .

THE CRIMSON>Pick me for spider or shark
              1:Pearl Jam> the gloves are for the prostitutes i'm going to hire
              1:Pearl Jam> i'm going to make one of them shovel human feces into a wheelbarrow and run around with it
              THE CRIMSO> that's more illuminative than jack's comment, but still pretty enigmatic
              1:Pearl Jam> she'll have to wear a shirt that says "THE POOPSMITH" on it

Comment

yea yea i sent a lonnnggggg email to all of the upper staff a long time ago..wanting stricter enforcement of rules. only one who replied was KJW..and he wasnt one of the staff members who could do squat about elim. so yea..i layed out everything for them..they just ignored
                I agree.

Comment

ya it's hilarious how ppl make a rating out of freebies and call it skill

but why do u care?
                  Originally posted by Diakka
                  Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                    If people could actually get banned for playing lame like that, then I bet you'd see a lot less of it.
                    True, but then you would have 200 threads a day about people geting misjudged and what not.
                    Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

Originally posted by Isreal

True, but then you would have 200 threads a day about people geting misjudged and what not.
                      Don't we get that already?
                      "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
                      flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

Working...
                      X