No announcement yet.

Trench Wars Recipe Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drunken beans are pretty solid. its possible to make that vegetarian style.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Bio's middle-easternish spiced chicken. This is a recipe I make if I want to impress someone with my chicken. The mix of spices here will really smell up your kitchen/house, just as a warning. You can do the chicken on the grill too - direct heat to sear, then indirect heat to finish. You know all about that.

Either 4 chicken breasts (halved) or 6 thighs. You can use any chicken bits for this recipe.
      For the mixture/rub:
      1 tbs Chili powder
      1 tbs paprika
      1-2 tsp of the following (you can adjust this to taste): cumin, cinnamon, coriander, tumeric, curry powder, pepper.
      1/2 cup of olive oil
      2 tbs of lemon juice
      2 tsp Adobo (more if you like salty food - can substitute salt)

Directions: Rinse chicken and dry. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Rub mixture into chicken and let sit for about an hour (you can skip this, less flavor penetration though). You can either save the excess rub or dump it in with the chicken for extra drippings. Cook in oven 45-60 minutes until completely cooked. Serve chicken and drippings with rice.
      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
      TelCat> i dont

Comment

• Lazy Man's Chicken of the Gods

I specialize in cooking food that is delicious and with minimal prep time and cleanup, the kind of thing you can walk away from and not ruin it.

This is about 5 minutes of work for very tasty chicken. It falls apart in your mouth, and has a lot of flavor.

Don't measure anything. That takes way too much time.

Things involved in the making of it
        - Some number of whole (ideally boneless) chicken thighs, skin on
        - Low-quality white wine or cooking sake (avoid cooking wine, as it's often flavored horribly)
        - Soy sauce
        - White vinegar or lemon juice
        - Garlic or garlic powder (optional)
        - Cooking oil
        - Average everyday frying pan with a decent lid

Cook it like this
        1. Heat the pan empty, medium heat, for a short time. Lick your finger and touch the pan. Sizzle yet? OK. Add a tiny amount of cooking oil. Wait for the oil to heat.
        2. Place the chicken in the pan, skin-side down. Cover it because it'll splatter otherwise.
        3. Turn up the heat a bit if you want. Hell, turn it down; I don't care. But what for? You're looking to fry the skin and release some of those nice savory oils in the skin, which will then permeate the chicken.
        4. When the skin is slightly browned and there's now a bit of delicious oil in the pan, flip the chicken. Cook for a minute or so.
        5. Add a fair bit of cooking wine/sake/some sort of booze. Enough to really drench those little bastards. Cook about 20-30 seconds.
        6. Add a generous amount of vinegar. Less than the cooking wine, though. Maybe half a cup. Something like that. It depends on how much chicken there is, you know?
        7. Add about the same amount of soy sauce, maybe a bit less. You can also use salt instead, but soy sauce has the umami/savory flavor which goes great with meat. Don't add too much! How much is too much? You'll know after you've added it. Don't use low-quality soy sauce! How is it low quality? Does it taste pretty bland, no complexity of flavor? Time to change your brand. Kikkoman isn't that expensive and it's pretty decent, though there's definitely much better out there.
        8. Throw in the garlic. If you'd had any foresight you could have added it at the start, too, but let's face it, you started cooking this while reading it, and now you're here, so let's not curse fate. Just get on with it.
        9. Bring to a light boil.
        10. Cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting you can while still maintaining a very gentle simmer.

Come back in 20-30 minutes or whenever you happen to remember. It doesn't matter. It'll be fine. Flip it or don't about halfway through.

I suggest eating it by turning it skin-side down and picking off the meat. If you did it right, you shouldn't need a knife. It'll just come apart. I don't like chicken skin so I throw all that out, but it doesn't matter... you've gotten your fat content from the cooking method, and it will taste good enough without eating all that unnecessary stuff anyhow.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• Originally posted by qan View Post
          I specialize in cooking food that is delicious
          1. Kikkoman
          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
          3:Shadowmere> LOL
          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
          Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> With his feet
          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
            Congratulations on desecrating one of the few threads that has ever made it through the forums without being trolled. To celebrate this I will add another recipe to this hallowed thread.

Shadowmere Souffle

1 cup of kissing ass
            1/2 cup of faking poll numbers
            3/4 cup incompetence
            1/2 tsp regret

Stir all ingredients in a bowl and bake at 350.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Now to get rid of that cancer, since the 4th is coming up I will toss out a few recipes I have been hammering out recently.

Kthx's Tex-Mex Spicy Guacamole

3 Large Haas Avacados
              Half a red onion (minced)
              5 cloves of garlic (minced)
              Juice from 2 key limes
              1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
              1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
              1/2 teaspoon ancho powder

Mix everything together, fresh tasting guacamole with a little bit of kick, favorite among friends. Make sure the veggies are cut extremely small but not liquified in a food processor, you want to several bits of onion and garlic in every bite, enough where you actually feel the snap when you bite into them.

-----

Homemade Tzatziki Sauce

My wife is Lebanese so is always craving this so I sorta used a few recipes as a guide but made it my own. Tastes really good with plain grilled chicken and brown rice, also pretty healthy.

2 cups of greek yogurt (plain)
              One tablespoon fresh dill (finely cut, must be fresh dill)
              1/2 teaspoon salt
              1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground cracked pepper
              2 tablespoons olive oil (not virgin, you want the flavor)
              Half a large cucumber peeled and minced, again you want this cut up by hand, not in a food processor so you can get the small bites of cucumber.
              I like to add a small amount of red pepper, but thats up to you, it isn't really traditional but I prefer to Texas the fuck out of stuff.

Mix everything together and let sit for an hour or two so the flavors can combine.

-----

Honey Jalapeno Cornbread

For this instead of typing out a cornbread recipe just find one you like, generally the ones on the back of the cornmeal box or bag are about as good as you are going to get.

Make sure you use REAL BUTTER and not margarine for one, that literally ruins the recipe.
              Double the sugar the recipe tells you to use.
              Add about half a cup of honey.
              3 jalapenos diced
              3 serranos diced
              1 sweet yellow onion diced

Add the veggies and honey to the original batter and mix up well, its going to look really chunk but thats fine, once the cornbread rises everything looks normal. This was a really popular dish I made as a side item for a crawfish boil my friends had, would go really well if anyone is planning on BBQing this weekend for the 4th and its easy to make, really cheap, and people will love it.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Oh yeah

Kthx's Fucking Legit Mojito's

Two pitchers
                One handle of a good WHITE rum
                about 20oz of fresh key lime juice (yes its a fuckton of keylimes, but trust me.. has to be key limes here)
                Two lbs of turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw but more coarse)
                A veritable fuckton of mint leaves (probably need about 100 or so)
                One Gallon bottled spring water
                1 Liter Club Soda
                Extra sugar and limes for the rim and the drink.

First off, you mix the sugar in a bowl with the mint and muddle the mint to get the oils extracted.
                Keep the water to the side, add that last to personal taste.
                Next, you add half of the ingredients into one pitcher, half into the other pitcher.
                Once everything is mixed, it should be a brownish colored simple syrup that fills up about half of each pitcher (maybe a little more depending on pitcher size) it should have a very fragrant mint and lime smell, and should be very thick and sweet.
                Add the water until the mixture is the desired consistency and sweetness.
                Next, use a lime wedge to coat the rim of the glass before dipping it in the extra turbinado sugar to coat the rim, put a lime wedge on the glass, pour the liquid into the glass over ice, and garnish with one fresh mint leaf.

Enjoy.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• allow a good Old Fashioned recipe...tried ones online and it always ends up bad

used makers mark as the bourbon lol
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• I actually don't have one. By the way, who the fuck set general discussion new posts to not be seen when you click new posts? Some fucktards messing with the forums again.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                    X