TWT News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epinephrine

Eeek I don't think I was too clear cause I forgot some details.

For instance, if say uh.. whiterabbits wanted to play in jav league. They are not in TWLJ so they would have to qualify for it from TWT-J. Then whiterabbits (a TWL squad) manages to place as #1. Would they get the first spot to join TWLJ or would the next squad down (which wasn't involved in TWL at all) be bumped up to TWLJ?

Basically I'm asking how will it work for squads which aren't already part of the other TWL leagues (but are in at least one of them) to join the others.

Thanks,
    -Epi
    That's up to the TWL Ops. But every TWL-X should be considered as a stand-alone league. The fact that a squad already is in TWL-D shouldn't affect its chances to get in TWL-B. That will be my advice towards the TWL ops as well.

-

Tobe: having a chat is a good idea indeed, once it's running, we'll have such a chat for each type of game: dueling, javelin, basing. Also, I'm thinking of having a forum dedicated to scheduling.

Witness: additional detection mechanisms for doublesquadding will be added to the bot and the website.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Tobe
      And stuckup u need a colon b4 ur name in ur sig.
      I <3 you.

Comment

Nice.
        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Re: Chat

Originally posted by Tobe
          There should be a chat with say, 2 reps from each squad. That way if they have enough on for a base match they can go "Any squad got enough for a base match?" on the chat.
          "Any squad thats above me in the ladder want a base match?"

From my vague memory of how ladder systems work, you don't get points (or very little points) for defeating a lower ranked team.
          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Re: Re: Chat

Originally posted by Project

"Any squad thats above me in the ladder want a base match?"

From my vague memory of how ladder systems work, you don't get points (or very little points) for defeating a lower ranked team.
            That's in gay Yahoo chess. He mentioned B.net Ladder, so if this is true, they'll get very little points. But so what? You can schedule as many matches as you want. I also don't see many newer squads challenging squads like Light and stuff, but then again, TWL squads are probably going to be put in a seperate tier as myth said =)
            I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

louez already had this idea last year ?chat=captains, it's gone now, but thx.

Comment

Thanks Myth for the update.
                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                • Shark
                • Dicer
                • Sager
                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Re: Re: TWT News

Originally posted by Annux

Comment

Lets say im in a twl squad, can i usse a different name or maybe even the same name for a twt squad. but still be registered in the twl squad.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                    Asia Minor> maybe not
                    Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                    bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                    bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                    bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                    bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo!
                      Lets say im in a twl squad, can i usse a different name or maybe even the same name for a twt squad. but still be registered in the twl squad.
                      As Myth said TWT and TWL will use the same roster system. So you can't be in a TWL and a TWT squad at once.

-Epi
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

I hope that the tier system doesn't deter higher level squads from playing against people underneath them, otherwise it'll be a huge pain in the ass to move anywhere.

Say xxxaznsquadkillers345 wanna challenge disoblige to a base match, of course diso can't gain huge points from beating them, but i don't think they should be completely crushed if they lose.

I don't know, I guess we'll see how the system comes out, but I want a system that encourages everyone to play a lot of games, not a system where lame teams (I would never name Light) would get near the top and then never accept any challenges.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

BZ... TWT doesn't matter for ANYTHING for TWL squads. Honestly if Light wants to stay #1 forever and never accept a challenge (as in your example) then let them. Who cares?

TWT is solely there for new squads to gain experience and as a feeded ladder for TWL.

-Epi
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Though Epinephrine, the example bloodzombie gave wouldn't really promote that specific squad for not accepting challenges, since not playing is staying in the same score. They would be surpassed by another squad in score most likely.

Seeing it from the starcraft ladder view, most squads will be playing against squads around their score. Which will give you a nice boost towards your score if you win.

Squads who are afraid to loose the big ammount of points and just play against squads with a much lower score wouldn't cut it, since they can't get the ammount of points to keep up with the squads who play against the squads around their score.

So with the problem that bloodzombie outlined, by not even accepting challenges won't work. Sure they might keep a distance score for a moment if they win all of the matches, but keeping #1 will be hard since the other squads will keep playing and gaining score.
                            Last edited by BLeeN; 08-21-2002, 04:20 AM.
                            Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Only if you play a squad really way down of you, you'll wont get many rating increase by beating it.
                              But it will be worthwhile to play any squad that is no more than 25% below your rating. Also, I think that TWT is for most TWL squads to just have fun and practice, because all that really matters to them is TWL.

Comment

Wouldn't unsuperviced games make the same phenomenom as in elim. (freebies)
                                Last edited by Eeks; 08-21-2002, 04:36 AM.
                                Originally posted by Diakka
                                Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Working...
                                X