Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you mean with 'freebies'?

Comment

One "newbie squad" could give a free win to another "newbie squad" to boost the other squads rating.
      Originally posted by Diakka
      Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

oh, don't worry about that.

First, that would mean you would get 5 people so crazy to join a squad and lose all the time.
        Then, there probably will a limit that you can't play more than 2 games vs the same squad per league per day.
        And, the rating of the losing squad will drop quickly, after 4-5 games, a win over such as quad hardly gives a rating boost.

Comment

I think it would make decent ladderpoint system when you get more points from higher ranked squad. Like if there's 30 squads.. you get 30 points from beating first.. and 1 point for beating last.. or does that make it too unfair? hmm.. i havent thought about that much yet tho heh so it might suck too... just and idea
          Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
          Mirror <ZH> this sucks
          Server> dont worry mirror
          Server> shark fits your tits
          Peace <ZH>> shut up
          Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
          Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
          1:Hercules> im level 90
          1:Hercules> in 9d
          1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
          1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

That's actually how the ELO rating system works.

Comment

oh.. ok didnt know.. heh
              Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
              Mirror <ZH> this sucks
              Server> dont worry mirror
              Server> shark fits your tits
              Peace <ZH>> shut up
              Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
              Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
              1:Hercules> im level 90
              1:Hercules> in 9d
              1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
              1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Sounds great! Will it also continue to be played the best of 3 rounds for Jav and Duel? That would make it BETTER than TWL because one round with only 5 people getting to play sucks.
                "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

I'm not very sure about that.
                  I will make the bot so that it'll be able to host in both formats (1 round, 30 minutes; best of 3, 15/20 minutes).
                  What format TWT should handle, I'm not sure about that, perhaps allow both? Please let me know what format you prefer

Comment

Both sounds good. That way, people can define the time based on how much time they have.

Comment

Myth, I really dislike the ladder system, although I know that if you want to run a league loosely like this you need one.

Can you make a rule where squads only 4 spots down from you can challenge? Or, you challenge one week and get challenged the next? And keep the ladder aligned by a point system?

The pyramid system kinda didn't work well so we need to perfect the ladder to get this to work.

Comment

I think it's not clear to some people how the rating system will work. I'll give some examples, loosely based on Starcraft's b.net ladder rating system:

Squad A, rating: 1300
                        Squad B, rating: 1100
                        Squad C, rating: 1095

Game: Squad A vs Squad B
                        Winner: Squad A
                        Squad A's new rating: 1305, Squad B's new rating: 1095

Game: Squad A vs Squad B
                        Winner: Squad B
                        Squad A's rating: from 1305 to 1275
                        Squad B's rating: from 1095 to 1125

Game: Squad B vs Squad C
                        Winner: Squad B
                        Squad B's rating: from 1125 to 1140
                        Squad C's rating: from 1095 to 1085

----

Note: these are just example scores/ratings, with ratings changes that are thought up. This is just an example to show that it's NOT beneficial to win over a very low rated squad.

-

restrictions to challenging only between up and down 4 spots is quite weird: the ladder is just a sorted list of squads and their ratings. A 'spot up' or a 'spot down' can be a rating change of just 1 point, or 10 points, or 100!

Comment

Challenging a set up/down makes absolutely no sense Mitch and neither does your suggestion for challenging one week defending the other. The whole point is just a ranking system for squads. Kinda like a squad elim. It's not going to be as exciting as TWL since it doesn't have set matchups for people to look forward to and watch but it's an easy way for squads to get some kind of rating for squads compared to one another which should be pretty cool to have.

Myth I want to talk to you details about how the scoring works. I see some potential problems. Talk to me on squadchat sometime.

Comment

GJ Myth, seems an excellent idea to me, hopefully it will encourage newer squads to stick at it, and will increase the overall competition between squads as you can play as many games as you like.

- will tha bots be available 24/7 or just on certain days? If not will there be practice bots available, I'm sure you're aware of all the friendly squad duels that happen, and having these bots available would help.

- lets say for example there are 2 dueling bots, and 12 squads online who have enough to duel, 6 squads turn up in one arena, 2 start a match, leaving 2 more matches for that arena, can either of the remaining squads schedule with the bot that they're next? If not I can see a lot of crap goin down with people 'I was next' type thing - scheduling issues explained in my own unique way.
                            fuck off you fucking fucks

Comment

Sleepy: I'll talk to you in squad chat.

Stay of Execution:
                              the bots will be available 24/7, because it's just another module loaded in TWBot, both the practice game as the TWT game.

The practice bots, and the TWT bots will NOT be 100% automated, yet. A staffer will have to start the game.
                              Because of the problems you just stated, it's quite some work to make the practice bots work 100% stand-alone.
                              Until then, people should just request a staffer to start a game. The staffmember picks an arena, grabs a TWBot (there are max 9 of them), and starts the game with a simple command (!game <squadA>:<squadB>). After he's done that, he can leave the arena and let the bot do all the work.

Comment

this is a minor point, but I imagine it could get annoying for all staff, will there be something so that staff can be requested, or are all the requests gonna go through ?help ?
                                fuck off you fucking fucks

Comment

Working...
                                X