No announcement yet.

TWT News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it should be best of 3 rounds also that way everyone has a chance to play just not the best 5 on at that time..more playing more fun
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

so myth will our thing that we were talking about (cryptic for non-pallies) still work?
      Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

oh, elo i didn't see that.

Comment

notice how myth is the only staff member to actually reply to our quetions. myth is the shit :P

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
          Asia Minor> maybe not
          Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
          bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
          bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
          bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
          bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

did sum1 say myth for league op?

for the name make it like TWXL

Trench Wars ?? Ladder or something.
            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Names

Trench Wars Basing Association [TWBA]
              Trench Wars Dueling Association [TWDA]
              Trench Wars Javelin Association [TWJA]
              things worth playing subspace:

volcs, gamma, ayden, zerzera, evasive

Comment

Since it's more like elim rankings, why don't we call them Trench Wars xxxxx Rankings?

TWBR
                TWDR
                TWJR

Comment

myth.. PLEASE make it 3 rounds for dueling and javs.

also, I love the way this sounds. not so much a leage, as just a ranking for squads. and I love that you can play as many games as you want.

kudos myth
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

That's one of the things why the ladder is a good thing, I know alot of people just can't play in the weekends. Me included :P

With the ladder you can play at any day any time.
                    Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Wow Nice! I can't believe how much work you'll be putting into this Myth! Good Job! I'm looking foward to TWT!
                      // cool //

Comment

I still worry about there being enough competitive squads in TWXB to really make an ELO ladder work. Such ladders depend heavily on a rather large player base.

Comment

i'm sure once the tournament is around the squads will form to fill it

Comment

Here are just a few scenarios that will bring this system to collapse:

1) Squad X is on top of the rankings. And to make sure it stays there, it only challenges or accepts challenges from lower squads. It will win all the time, never playing a competitive game.

2) Squad X is on the bottom of the rankings. No squad above it will accept challenges, because they think Squad X is a newbie squad and a waste of time. Squad X will not advance up the rankings.

3) Squad X is hated by other squads because of a bad reputation, a conspiracy, etc. It will not be able to play games because no one will accept their challenges.

4) Squad X exists not to advance up the ladder, but to fuck with the other squads. It's members are assholes who constatly change squad names and aliases to beat up on newbies who are not aware of who Squad X members are.

5) Squad X plays TWT for a few weeks and realizes their ranking is horrible. They decide to reform under a new name to wipe their record clean and start over. It's basically ?scorereset for the whole squad.

Please continue this list by writing more crippling flaws with this "system"
                            Ask me about my explosive diarrhea!

Comment

Originally posted by IlyaG
                              Here are just a few scenarios that will bring this system to collapse:

1) Squad X is on top of the rankings. And to make sure it stays there, it only challenges or accepts challenges from lower squads. It will win all the time, never playing a competitive game.
                              a. The squad will receive very few points per game
                              b. I have yet to find an 'elite' squad that would like to waste their time on 'newbie'-bashing
                              c. If a #2 squad repeatedly beats #3 squads, it'll easily get ranked above newbie bashers.
                              d. Look at the Starcraft ladder, newbie bashing works until 1100-1150 rating. To get a #1 rating (around 1600) you really have to beat the best.

2) Squad X is on the bottom of the rankings. No squad above it will accept challenges, because they think Squad X is a newbie squad and a waste of time. Squad X will not advance up the rankings.
                              Squads that are directly above the poor squad X will hardly have a higher rating. So playing Squad X won't be a waste of their time, and help them to advance in the rankings.

3) Squad X is hated by other squads because of a bad reputation, a conspiracy, etc. It will not be able to play games because no one will accept their challenges.
                              Most squads actually would love to beat hated squads.

4) Squad X exists not to advance up the ladder, but to fuck with the other squads. It's members are assholes who constatly change squad names and aliases to beat up on newbies who are not aware of who Squad X members are.
                              This is a serious point indeed. There will be a checking system for multiple-squadders. Also, there's a 3-day eligibility period, which makes it not as easy to switch squads.
                              Also, to appear on the rankings, the squad should have played at least one TWD game in the past x days (I'm thinking of 7 days). And it should have played at least y games (I'm thinking of 5, or 10 days).
                              So if people like to mess with the system, they should have plenty of time. And don't forget about the TWD OPs that will remove bogus squads if it's proven to be one.

5) Squad X plays TWT for a few weeks and realizes their ranking is horrible. They decide to reform under a new name to wipe their record clean and start over. It's basically ?scorereset for the whole squad.
                              a. A squad in general doesn't really want to change their name.
                              b. Good job if you get all the members to join the new squad
                              c. What's the actual problem. If squads are willing to go that far to clean their rating, then that's their choice.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chat

Originally posted by Goliath
                                was worth the effort i typed it on so i deleted it hehehe

quoted from early and was answered in later posts

correct this into something we can understand?
                                To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                                brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Working...
                                X