full screen mode and clock radio....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full screen mode and clock radio....

anyone know why my clock radio humms a wierd tone (when it's on radio mode) when i launch full screen mode for TW?

i tried playing TW in windowed mode, and no humm, but when i open it back into full screen:
    hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

my clock radio is about 3 feet away from the monitor, so i moved the radio to the other side of the room and still, the same fuckin tone. however, at 8 feet away and piled up with clothes around it, the radio's humm is almost unnoticable.

is that interference bad for my health? it sounds pretty f'king powerful. are my balls going to fall off in 10 yrs if i keep playing in full screen mode!?

and also, it only happens when my resolution is set for 1024x768x8

Comment

o.O that's unheard of, only interference I've ever gotten is my headphones buzzing when my cell is trying to do something (text messages, incoming calls)

Comment

How old is the monitor?

The computer I normaly play on is connected using a wap and every time the microwave is used (it's in the same room as the wap) the connection is dropped.

*Playing in some twd game* - *microwave beeps* - *DCed*

Comment

It's because when you go into fullscreen mode the game is running at a different refresh rate than it is in windowed mode.

I had a similar problem with my cellphone. If it was near the monitor and someone called, the monitor would go absolute apeshit and start squealing and the picture would go nuts.
          sdg

Comment

If any radios are near my comp when playing SS, I get a interference on them

~E
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Vitron
              How old is the monitor?
              about 6 yrs old, it's an amptron gs17 (17 inch screen)...

Comment

that's pretty old :/

Comment

Mine is a relatively new 17inch CRT monitor and I get the interference, isn't really much of a prob though

~E
                  USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                  ---A few minutes later---
                  9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                  9:Kim> UM
                  9:Kim> i didn't
                  9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                  9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                  9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                  9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
                  X