Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got in a 3-car accident with a drunk driver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got in a 3-car accident with a drunk driver...

Can I sue him for inconveniences when my car's getting fixed? Also I have minor lacerations (papercuts) everywhere after the accident.

So here's the story: Saturday morning I was driving back to PA for father's day (love my dads!) at around 3am. I was on 422 going west, there were two lanes. I was on the right lane doing 55, and there was an impala on the left lane doing 60, passing me slowly. A third driver in a trailblazer came down the wrong side of the highway on my left lane - this was around a bend so the guy in the impala had less than half a second to swerve into my lane to avoid a head-on collision as I slammed the breaks.

Basically the impala was completely destroyed, and even though i slammed the breaks, the impala slammed into the left side of my car. I did a 360 before going in to the grass and going over a steep ditch. then I lost control of the car and slid a good 20 yards or so into the metal wire median. I kicked open the driver side door and ran over to the impala to see if the driver was ok - he had cuts all over his face and every airbag in his car deployed. The onstar thing also went off, which didn't do shit.

Later the cops came and the driver in the trailblazer came down - he had a broken shoulder and cuts all over. I talked to him and he smelled like alcohol and was completely disoriented. When the troopers came over the guy made up some bullshit about someone hitting him from the rear. So he gets arrested and they tow all cars. Luckily my parents were close enough that my dad came and got me. But yeah looks like my insurance will take care of my car - I hope they don't skim on the fixes because I want to get the car frame checked and everything.

But in the meantime, minor injuries and inconveniences - can I sue the other guy for this?
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Aren't you suppose to forgive people?
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Yea, I'm pretty sure you can. Couple of years ago someone hit my car when I was stopped at a red light. I didn't end up going to get checked out by a doctor until the next day, because I realized I couldn't move my head, haha. But in addition to them paying for my car (it was totalled), I got reimbursed for doctor bills, missed work (I missed 2 days I believe), and I got $300 for pain and suffering. That was all without me having to do anything - was just automatic money for the accident, probably because I could have gotten more. They also offered to get me a rental car to drive since I had no car, but I wasn't 18 at the time so I was out of luck.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Pain and suffering, anything that would cause u an inconvenience, you can sue for. Missing work to get ur car fixed. Going to the hospital whatever
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

sue him for physical damage and doctor's bills, don't sue him because you want to be extra vindictive.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
            sue him for physical damage and doctor's bills, don't sue him because you want to be extra vindictive.
            yeah thats not the point - i just want money for the rental car really cuz if I don't I'll have to take the family honda, and that car is on the verge of death. Also some money for pain and suffering won't be so bad either.
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

might want to ask a lawyer.... not trenchwars forums but u sound pretty selfish/lazy if u cant drive a hoopty for a week or 3

Comment

U got hit by a drunk driver, idiot shouldnt have been driving to begin with. Take no pity on someone who is as reckless as that guy
                Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Take him for every penny
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
                    yeah thats not the point - i just want money for the rental car really cuz if I don't I'll have to take the family honda, and that car is on the verge of death. Also some money for pain and suffering won't be so bad either.
                    insurance will usually cover rental car, if not then they will probably just bill the other guys insurance for it. the "pain and suffering" is what I don't agree with. from what it sounds like you made it out relatively alright. the dude is already going to be in a shit load of trouble with the law and up to his eyeballs in debt thanks to his idiocy, don't kick a man while he's down.

sure, if you want you can probably pursue the cash and win and feel good that you taught this idiot a lesson, and he is an idiot, don't get me wrong. but really what you are doing is perpetuating a horrible cycle of litigation that has gone on far too long in this country.

there was a kid in my high school that had his family sued after T-Boning a lady after he smoked a blunt on an icey night. i hate the kid and would never fucking even hang out with him, but they sued him for "pain and suffering" by covering the lady's therapist bills AND lost work pay because she was too scared to drive for a month.

I mean. Really?
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                      Yea, I'm pretty sure you can. Couple of years ago someone hit my car when I was stopped at a red light. I didn't end up going to get checked out by a doctor until the next day, because I realized I couldn't move my head, haha. But in addition to them paying for my car (it was totalled), I got reimbursed for doctor bills, missed work (I missed 2 days I believe), and I got $300 for pain and suffering. That was all without me having to do anything - was just automatic money for the accident, probably because I could have gotten more. They also offered to get me a rental car to drive since I had no car, but I wasn't 18 at the time so I was out of luck.
                      TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T DIE
                      IF YOU EVER DREAM OF BEATING ME, YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND APOLOGIZE.

1:Vermillion Flame> crap, why is it so hard to grab just one newbie lol

1:Vermillion Flame> i've noticed that. a real lack of supply of players here

1:Vermillion Flame> i never thought a single newbie could be so precious
                      yo dog, I heard you like driving, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive
                      Originally posted by tone
                      no you son of a bitch debunker

Comment

Originally posted by L1 TW View Post
                        TOO BAD YOUR A FUCKING FAGGOT NEWBIE L1 TW

fixed it for you L1, newbie
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

You really shouldn't even be driving at that time unless you have to. Whenever it's getting late, I always arrange to have a place to stay nearby or so, never 15+ minutes away.

If you know any friends that will give you legal advice then by all means go with it. Other than that, I don't see you getting much unless you really exaggerate your injuries more.
                          4:BigKing> xD
                          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                          4:BigKing> what did i do???
                          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                          4:BigKing> ???? why though
                          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                          4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Yea I would contact a lawyer immediately. Did you go to the hospital to make sure you didn't have neck or other problems?

Drop whatever you are doing and do those two things immediately if you haven't. The insurance companies involved are going to do their jobs and try to reduce their payout to you as much as possible. You need to do your job and get as much as you can.
                            (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

"minor injuries and inconveniences - can I sue the other guy for this?"

Only in America. Do you guys know all the euros point and laugh when we read another crazy story about Americans suing each other? When you try that stuff over here, the judge will give you a fine for wasting his/her time. I mean, cmon. Really?

I have nothing against Americans though. Its a great country.

Comment

Working...
                              X