No announcement yet.

TW staff... Listen to your player base!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW staff... Listen to your player base!

So when I was "attacked" out of Savanger's first round twl match with Wolf, I repeatedly told staff that this was a HUGE issue that needed to be addressed.

Not only did staff originally not even answer my help calls, but when I finally flagged 24 down in chat, he acted like it wasn't really an issue and actually gave me an attitude like I was trying to cause trouble by making a big deal about it.

When someone has the power to lock out one or multiple players, or go figure, EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE GAME, listen to your player base. Me getting locked out was just a premonition of things to come, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the person who locked me out is the same person that caused the DDOS havoc.

The best part is, if this issue were to have been taken seriously in the first place, according to my recommendations, this culprit would have been caught. But instead, all I got is an attitude and look where you are now... absolutely NOOOOOO ability to track down who did this.

So staff LISTEN to your player base. I know there are a lot of whiners out there, but when one of your players who has been here since the beginning who has played nice, and never has had an issue with anything FLAGS YOU DOWN, MAKES A BIG DEAL OUT OF SOMETHING, listen to him.

Having said that... the vulnerability that locked me out of the game is still there. Your ability to track people who exploit it is still 0 (unless something has changed)... hope this is a wake up call to fix the issues that are important instead of adding spacebucks.

P.S. and for staff like 24 who started to even BLAME me for ruining the game for everyone if I told people about the exploit that was used to hack me, I only have one thing to say to you................ I'm not the enemy. the guy who decided to play TW GOD who decides he wants to determine who can log in who cannot log in, and whether he wants to see twl finals or not is the guy you should be afraid of.... NOT the guy who is trying to make recommendations to improve the system.

LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYER BASE. Kthx

i agree that they should of looked into that incident, but i don't think that that was related to this. why would anyone ddos you in a meaningless early season twld game? lol

if anything staff should look into the ddos of ease 2 years back during TWLD finals. that was legit and may give clues.

moral of story is that staff is putrid.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

This has happened to me, i never lag but once game time is on i get lagged out by someone sending packets.
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I definitely got attacked last season when it was Cobra vs raid in the playoffs...round 2 my lag jumped as soon as the round started to something like -5% c2s and 40% s2c and then instantly disappeared when the round ended. I know people like to call me a laggot etc but I always have a solid 90ms 0.1 0.0 and that's too suspicious to not have been seen as an attack, especially as I was Cobra's top performer over the season.
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

rip cobra and gun

Comment

I dont think many have mentioned this but all the terriers in LB finals got ddos'ed aswell I think. Cape/myself/Zizu, all of us got disconnected 1-2 times during the finals match.
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Something I did for all of my matches was reboot my router before every match. It ensures I had a fresh connection and IP address. If someone wanted to ddos you, they would have to spend time getting your new IP (assuming you don't use a static IP).
              Former TW Staff

Comment

BIT LATE NOW SHADD, BIT LATE NOW

TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                  I dont think many have mentioned this but all the terriers in LB finals got ddos'ed aswell I think. Cape/myself/Zizu, all of us got disconnected 1-2 times during the finals match.
                  cape doesnt need help lagging out of a match

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

exactly, cape has always been lagging out in TWLB matches and this wasn't any different.

none of the terriers were directly attacked by a DDoS attack, if that was the case you wouldn't even be online to watch the games. it was just a simple routing issue that caused european players, mostly scandinavian players, to lag at seemingly random times. bad luck for us, but with a VPN it could've been avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                      I definitely got attacked last season when it was Cobra vs raid in the playoffs...round 2 my lag jumped as soon as the round started to something like -5% c2s and 40% s2c and then instantly disappeared when the round ended. I know people like to call me a laggot etc but I always have a solid 90ms 0.1 0.0 and that's too suspicious to not have been seen as an attack, especially as I was Cobra's top performer over the season.
                      Sucks it happened to you, this problem has been around for a long time, don't know why staff just sweeps it under the rug

Also, anyone notice how you have ZERO upper level staff commenting on this issue? You have the ones that care that will take the time to engage the player base but they don't have any power to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                        exactly, cape has always been lagging out in TWLB matches and this wasn't any different.

none of the terriers were directly attacked by a DDoS attack, if that was the case you wouldn't even be online to watch the games. it was just a simple routing issue that caused european players, mostly scandinavian players, to lag at seemingly random times. bad luck for us, but with a VPN it could've been avoided.
                        When I was attacked, I wasn't booted.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                          i agree that they should of looked into that incident, but i don't think that that was related to this. why would anyone ddos you in a meaningless early season twld game? lol

if anything staff should look into the ddos of ease 2 years back during TWLD finals. that was legit and may give clues.

moral of story is that staff is putrid.
                          Or this shows how brazen the perpetrators are to attacking. They'll even do it to ANYONE in an early season match for whatever nerdy reason they come up with... probably talked trash to them and they realized they were bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Collossus View Post
                            Or this shows how brazen the perpetrators are to attacking. They'll even do it to ANYONE in an early season match for whatever nerdy reason they come up with... probably talked trash to them and they realized they were bad.
                            I've said the attacker was Soupero since Day 1.

Where was soupero during all this? Sitting in spec that's where. Where was he during the DDoS? Jerking off? I don't fucking know. But what I do know, recently he was asking me "Do you happen to know Collossus's IP address?". And "Lol Wouldn't it be funny If I Hacked this game".

He's a prime suspect at the moment. Staff is looking into him and others as possible perps. Rest assured. Sleep comfortably with both eyes closed. We're on this like white on rice. Like black on Wesley Snipes. Like 12 year old vietnamese girls on www.youtube.com/davidparody. We don't play that ish. TW Staff is on the case.

Just to get a glimpse into the scope of this investigation, let me toss out the names of a few possible accomplices in all of this: WaaZzAa.NL, Mighty, War, Ricko.
                            4:BigKing> xD
                            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                            4:BigKing> what did i do???
                            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                            4:BigKing> ???? why though
                            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                            4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by Collossus View Post
                              Sucks it happened to you, this problem has been around for a long time, don't know why staff just sweeps it under the rug

Also, anyone notice how you have ZERO upper level staff commenting on this issue? You have the ones that care that will take the time to engage the player base but they don't have any power to do anything.
                              Its hard to comment when we cant prove anything. Were players under a personal DdoS? Maybe
                              Was it a problem with your ISP? Maybe
                              Was there a problem with the hardware somewhere along the way? Maybe
                              We can only go off the lag info we have, which generally does not narrow it down to any of the above. For all we know you are trying to lagcheat and suck at it.
                              Point is, if you want to not get DDoS'd yourself, its up to you to take preventative action. If you do get attacked and have undeniable proof that it was by another pkayer, then we can do something.
                              Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                              X