• Show
Clear All

• this twd squadjoin time limit thing

come on yall let's be real here

why is this still a thing
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

blerp back in the days people like merce was playing a jd on both squads playing. round 1 squad A round 2 squad B and so on. it's a pain in the ass because of OUR (general players) fault. keep it. imo
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

so pros: far more players being able to play because squads can get an extra player and generate activity and competition - a situation i see happen at least once a day, except right now it's not worth it to leave your own squad to, say, help a new squad out by playing a few games with them

and cons: once back in the day some guy played one round each on two different squads.

howabout a compromise: how long does it take to set your roster? 5 minutes? 7 minutes? then make the cooldown period 10 minutes. So people can hop onto a squad to fill roster for a game, and then not have to wait 24hrs to rejoin their squad. But with a 10 minute cooldown, one couldn't change squads in the middle of a game.

i mean, what, will squadhopping lead to situations where someone might purposefully join a squad and lose the game? will the squad miss out on TWL? what with the fierce competition for spots in the league?
      Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 07-21-2014, 08:08 PM.

internet de la jerome

Comment

indeed a 5 minute cooldown would eliminate this problem. i would vote for 20 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
          indeed a 5 minute cooldown would eliminate this problem. i would vote for 20 minutes
          shoot, even as much as 1 hour might prevent excessive hopping back and forth, but it wouldn't punish every person sitting in spec waiting for a game.

i just think it sucks when 5 people can't game because 1 person is reluctant to squadjoin for the round, fearing he will be unable to play any games with his home team for the entire day. by the time someone else comes online, 2 people have left out of frustration/being tired of waiting, and the cycle of permanent spectating continues.

it seems like alot of games these days build off of 'critical mass', once you see a DD or a JD or a ?go base game or even an active pub, it brings more people in, but when people start leaving and they can't be replaced, then these arenas die just as quickly. having a smaller cooldown would help maintain the 'critical mass' of players and make games more common, in my opinion.

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
            shoot, even as much as 1 hour might prevent excessive hopping back and forth, but it wouldn't punish every person sitting in spec waiting for a game.

i just think it sucks when 5 people can't game because 1 person is reluctant to squadjoin for the round, fearing he will be unable to play any games with his home team for the entire day. by the time someone else comes online, 2 people have left out of frustration/being tired of waiting, and the cycle of permanent spectating continues.

it seems like alot of games these days build off of 'critical mass', once you see a DD or a JD or a ?go base game or even an active pub, it brings more people in, but when people start leaving and they can't be replaced, then these arenas die just as quickly. having a smaller cooldown would help maintain the 'critical mass' of players and make games more common, in my opinion.
            jerome, i agree with you

Comment

I thought it was changed so you can do a help call and they can reset it instantly?

Comment

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                I thought it was changed so you can do a help call and they can reset it instantly?
                "they" as in "staff"? pretty sure 24-hour reset would go through before a staffer would respond to a ?help call

edit: in all seriousness i'll give it a shot. DONT FUCK ME ON THIS
                Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 07-21-2014, 11:27 PM.

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                  Good luck with getting a staffer to help you out with that. Only time they react instantly is when you use the N-word.

Comment

Working...
                  X