Alternative ways to BAN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative ways to BAN.

Seeing as Trench War is struggling to keep a player base. Staff should look into alternative ways of banning players. I have a few ideas.

1) Banning a team killer: since there are only three ships that can do this. Why not create a way to block specific ships from use. So they lose the privilege to play the shark, javelin and Leviathan. Then penalize by hours days and weeks for severity/repeat offenders.

2) Banning racism: silence them from speaking across the board but allow them to play the game. Penalize hours, week or days. For severity and repeat offenders.

3) a way to ban a player that breaks rules, while still allowing them to play the game. Just ban the use of the alias they committed the crime in. Time frame, same as above. -Oen
    You laugh at me because I am different, and I am laughing at you because you're all the SAME.

Originally posted by Oen View Post
    Seeing as Trench War is struggling to keep a player base. Staff should look into alternative ways of banning players. I have a few ideas.

1) Banning a team killer: since there are only three ships that can do this. Why not create a way to block specific ships from use. So they lose the privilege to play the shark, javelin and Leviathan. Then penalize by hours days and weeks for severity/repeat offenders.

2) Banning racism: silence them from speaking across the board but allow them to play the game. Penalize hours, week or days. For severity and repeat offenders.

3) a way to ban a player that breaks rules, while still allowing them to play the game. Just ban the use of the alias they committed the crime in. Time frame, same as above. -Oen
    I'm not staff anymore so I cant speak from an official standpoint but this system already exists and has been in practice for a few years now.
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

noone gives half a shit about LF, and all of that is already in use
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

A good start for staff would be to just stop banning people.
        sigpic

Comment

they cant shoot the message so they try to shoot the messenger... I like your ideas, they deserve considering at a higher level, but let's be clear that it isn't going to happen, staff don't really care about the game unless they can get something out of it for themselves.
          Menomena: I thought you were joking when you said your name was Chris. lol
          Gripe: lol you too
          Menomena: ! I told you my name first

Slum> turb watches too much anime he going DBZ on you right now b

Comment

Originally posted by nuketheyanks View Post
            they cant shoot the message so they try to shoot the messenger... I like your ideas, they deserve considering at a higher level, but let's be clear that it isn't going to happen, staff don't really care about the game unless they can get something out of it for themselves.
            how does a newpi who doesnt even know how banning in TW works, have grudges vs staff? Did your big brother tell you to post that nonsense here?

Comment

Hi Oen,

This is exactly what we have in place and utilize on a regular basis. However, moderators will always try to resolve conflicts without resorting to a ban. Speaking from my experience, pulling a player aside in a private message and talking usually works and no further action is needed. Appreciate your input! Feel free to talk to me in game if you'd like to know more.

Azov

Comment

i read it as 'Alternative ways to BAM!'

you know, like bonin and stuff

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Azov View Post
                  Speaking from my experience, pulling a player aside in a private message and talking usually works and no further action is needed.
                  lol good 1

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...nks&highlight=
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                    noone gives half a shit about LF, and all of that is already in use
                    Did you really just pull the "Dont listen to LF but I'm going to say exactly what he just said" card? You were staff for like 23 seconds when we didnt have a zone because you had experience building zones that nobody wants to go to and exactly like I said you ceased to exist after things got back to normal so kindly fuck off and know your role, jabroni.
                    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post
                      how does a newpi who doesnt even know how banning in TW works, have grudges vs staff? Did your big brother tell you to post that nonsense here?
                      you dont even like t.A.T.u.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                        Did you really just pull the "Dont listen to LF but I'm going to say exactly what he just said" card? You were staff for like 23 seconds when we didnt have a zone because you had experience building zones that nobody wants to go to and exactly like I said you ceased to exist after things got back to normal so kindly fuck off and know your role, jabroni.

sounds like someones bitter they didnt matter

anyone remember when LF did something? me neither
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

sounds like someones bitter
                          i like how you enter this nothing-to-do-with-LF thread dissing LF then call him bitter for dishing it back
                          they didnt matter
                          funny, a lot of people say that about you whenever you try to enter a discussion that has nothing to do with you
                          anyone remember when LF did something?
                          how's distension going?

Comment

Originally posted by Azov View Post
                            Hi Oen,

This is exactly what we have in place and utilize on a regular basis. However, moderators will always try to resolve conflicts without resorting to a ban. Speaking from my experience, pulling a player aside in a private message and talking usually works and no further action is needed. Appreciate your input! Feel free to talk to me in game if you'd like to know more.

Azov

Azov,

Oh ok wasn't sure, so thanks for the reply.

-Oen
                            You laugh at me because I am different, and I am laughing at you because you're all the SAME.

Comment

The mods are worthless, end of story.

Steadman was TKing a few days ago, and several people reported him, and he kept bragging about how he wasn't getting any warnings. I've got screenshots if anyone's interested. TKing done on purpose must never be forgiven. If you don't want to ban the piece of shit doing it, never let him use that ship again.

"Speaking from my experience, pulling a player aside in a private message and talking usually works and no further action is needed."

Where's the punishment for the offense? As I was saying, the mods are worthless.

Comment

Working...
                              X