quick summary of this season and thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick summary of this season and thanks

first of all i would like to thank every player, staff member and squad captain who helped to make this season a relative success. we had our good points, and some bad ones, but to keep this short i will list some of the things. i'm going to write a better summary / end of season review at a later date.

positives:

- double elimination format. it allowed three teams to make comeback and win a title after their struggles in the earlier stages of the playoffs. most squads and players seemed to have enjoyed the change, although there was some skepticism in the beginning about the format.
    - best of five series (with one game lead) was a relative success and something that could be considered again in the future seasons
    - added amount of games during the regular season allowed more players to play in the league and most importantly, extended the amount of time players were online on a squad on Sundays.
    - no appeals this season. always a good sign in my opinion.
    - there wasn't a lack of hosts. several staff members (over 20) helped with the hosting burden and no one was forced to host two games at once. overall fast decision making.
    - home arenas (had its good and bad parts, but it can still be further improved) were an okay addition, but the quality of the arena(s) should probably be better if we continue to have these with strict submission rules.
    - rules have been rewritten, and while they still need some work and probably always will, at least the base set of rules are done.
    - it has been 4 seasons since we had three different champions in each league. seems like a rarity these days.
    - good overall competition in TWLJ, TWLD and TWLB.
    - removal of replay week shortened the season by one week (although, thanksgiving break could have been skipped)
    - fast bot and website fixes. kudos to a nameless coder

negatives:

- twd activity is still low during twl seasons.
    - resolution cap in TWLB2/TWLJ2 et cetera (was set to 1920x1440 instead of unlimited) caused minor issues with a certain player
    - it was a long season. i think it could still be shortened, but that will be up to the next head of TWL.
    - paladen/feeding/racka/fork fiasco (pre-pre-season)
    - qualification format is subpar at best. i wanted this to change, but lack of developer help .. yeah well. rip.

all in all, it was a decent season. thanks for sticking around, hopefully we will have another season in the not-so-distant future, or at the very least i hope that we will have a solid TWDT season during the off-season period.

Thanks Turban & company, solid performance with running leagues, and implementing new changes to improve it. Props to every player, cap and staffer who contributed to the leagues and keeping them rolling. The 3 four round finals today were competitive and entertaining.

- Rule

Comment

should do twdt again, went very well this season. gave a lot of new players a chance and we had a pretty good player count

Comment

Thank you for doing a good job turban.
        5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
        1:Cig <er>> ROFL
        1:fiS> LOL
        1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

GJ finishing perhaps the last of the TWL seasons. I liked the new multi game scenario a lot better and only wish it had been done like this in seasons of the past. It made it much more competitive,fun and interesting. Big props there . I believe you came up with that Turban?? It was wayyy better.

As far as the pre pre season goes and it relating to Paladen AND Enemy and Racka.. that issue imo was blown way out of proportion and was in no way a planned thing or worthy of too much attention...just a last minute scrambling game as is typical. I of course was happy Paladen and enemy were allowed into the mix and personally feel both teams deserved to play. Having as many teams involved as possible is a good thing these days.. especially if they show up and follow through until the end which we both did. We didn't have the best season ever but I think proved we deserved a spot by not finishing last. The Fork and Play issue, that was unfortunate too. He maybe overstepped the threshold by doing it but he made some good points explaining himself. Paladen did win those matches fair and square. Staff decided to take the points though.. there was no feeding other than us playing noobs lol. Fork mvped for play and did try when he was playing with them as I recall checking the old scores... but anyways ...all water under the bridge now.

Good season I thought and thank you for the hard work Turban.

Congrats to Dudgeon, Thunder and Fierce
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Good season overall, gj all.

one more negative:
            - twld res limit

Comment

thanks for all the hard work turby, much appreciated. you did a good job.

i'd probably run TWDT again, the issue would be the number of players. the only thing im not willing to do is recruit as hard as i did last year, it's just too much effort. my guess would be 6 teams instead of 8, and player sharing once again so there's no forfeits, with 4 teams making playoffs.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                thanks for all the hard work turby, much appreciated. you did a good job.

i'd probably run TWDT again, the issue would be the number of players. the only thing im not willing to do is recruit as hard as i did last year, it's just too much effort. my guess would be 6 teams instead of 8, and player sharing once again so there's no forfeits, with 4 teams making playoffs.
                We should try to revamp that combined EG/TW draft league...

Comment

Good Work Turban. I had fun playing, watching and hosting.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I hope we have another season or two in us
                  MRW

Comment

thank you

Comment

Loved the doubling up of LJ & LD every weekend. Thanks for hosting.
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Thanks for running a great TWL, Turb!

also, thanks for capping Sweet.

I felt 2 games per week/league was a bit too much for 3 league squads. The main problem, imo, was that games got pushed too late for euros, have to wake up early on mondays so I missed a few good ones.
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                        X