• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO ANTIWARP IN CENTER

NO ANTIWARP IN CENTER appears to be a new rule now being enforced by
    Beasty
    Tiny
    Shadowmere

Its known Rules for trench are left so broad as to be lamed by them telling me rule #13 means no antiwarp to keep levs from warping away in center.

Could someone please clarify, Why are these dicks making up rules that only appy to be enforced sometimes and not for everyone.

Can no antiwarp in center be added to rules now. So i can use it agaisnt them when its being done to me.

These same idiots have allowed people to spawn in base, now there is spawning going on in base because the warp spots are so common, now they wanna add this No antiwarp for levi's because they already took away superlev.

Bunch of liberal settings, get pinkstar back get settings for circa 2010-2011 back stop fucking with the pub settings, most of these staff memebers don't even pub so they really wouldn't give a fuck regardless.
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

While I have not formally introduced myself yet in the position as Head of Public Relations for staff (though I will in the coming days), I will make an official statement on this matter as I have discussed your concern with Beasty. Hopefully this will help clear things up for everyone. Antiwarp has always been disallowed in spawn, as it is disruptive to the game. Yes, enforcement has not been as consistent as it should be, but nevertheless, it is disallowed. And Rule 13 is meant as a "catch all" provision in order to allow staff some flexibility in addressing problems that come up that we might not be able to predict today but could cause problems tomorrow. I will pass your comment along that we should make this a stated rule that's plain for everyone to see.

Comment

Antiwarp has never been dissalowed anywhere on the map in trench wars, it as never been a rule, IT has been a rule in other zones like extreme games. You need to add it as a rule and enforce it, or else u look like a bunch of pricks abusing players.
        As to fair game play, there is nothign stoping someone from killing someone with antiwarp, even in safe the antiwarp is turned off.
        I thought tw was supposed to be fair and not abuse players with bullshit madeup rules.

Comment

Well as I said, I have brought that exact point up within staff that we should have a clear, plainly worded rule about antiwarp. We are going to look into why it's not on the rules list and see what we can do about possibly correcting that. I'll let you know what ultimately happens.

Comment

On none of the last staff meetings I heard of any such rule, leadership of pub is on zreqdf atm. BanC/G leadership has Left_Eye. If anyone was to add such a rule it would be one of them. We had the same discussion a bit more than a year ago with a bot that auto-removes antiwarp in spawn and it clearly ended with the statement that antiwarping in spawn is NOT illegal and the bot function was removed.

Should anyone get warned and/or be punished, please refer to BanG/C or pub leadership. I will also gladly forward this.

Comment

Originally posted by Azov View Post
              Antiwarp has always been disallowed in spawn, as it is disruptive to the game. Yes, enforcement has not been as consistent as it should be, but nevertheless, it is disallowed.
              We are not in Extreme Games. The above quoted statement is false for TW.

Comment

Theres a reason why its not a rule, because the spawn area is huge and antiwarp range is limited, there is no safe where ppl camp with it on and its just nuts to try to enforce it if chasing lev turrets thru it etc. spiders also slow and drained by aw 2 much run.
                Last edited by Pardon_You; 01-15-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azov View Post
                  While I have not formally introduced myself yet in the position as Head of Public Relations for staff (though I will in the coming days), I will make an official statement on this matter as I have discussed your concern with Beasty. Hopefully this will help clear things up for everyone. Antiwarp has always been disallowed in spawn, as it is disruptive to the game. Yes, enforcement has not been as consistent as it should be, but nevertheless, it is disallowed. And Rule 13 is meant as a "catch all" provision in order to allow staff some flexibility in addressing problems that come up that we might not be able to predict today but could cause problems tomorrow. I will pass your comment along that we should make this a stated rule that's plain for everyone to see.
                  Looks like another solid choice for yet another smod position! Not only has he not played our game long enough to know anything about our antiwarp rule (Or lack thereof) but apparently he also either has awfully misinformed sources (wouldn't be surprising) or doesn't consult with people more knowledgeable on matters that he clearly knows nothing about. All very promising and redeeming qualities for a smod position in charge of communicating matters between players and staff! Do we have HMS 2.0 on our hands? (Its a rhetorical question) When this position doesnt work out either we should create the position "Smod in charge of Thursdays" so he doesn't have to lose any of his bot/web access

-1 Reckful lolz
                  1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                  Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Whenever I make an official statement, my goal is to represent the position of the SysOp's of the zone as a whole or a SysOp as specifically stated. As indicated earlier, after bringing this players concern to Beasty, this is the position sought to be communicated. So to further clarify, anti-warp is not allowed in spawn. We are working to further clarify this rule. If in fact it's ultimately decided to do away with it, enforce it, etc, all of that will be made known.
                    Last edited by Azov; 01-15-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

So rule 13 is being used in the way that it was promised it wouldn't be used, go figure. Bad start to your new role man.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Whether or not the aw rule is in affect, I think awing in spawn is completely lame. It's not hard to kill levis. Get behind them, get them to repel all they can, watch so they don't warp behind you and kill you, and when they're out of options, kill them. Basically, the only place that awing would be useful would be on the roof for any team/base levi that is being overrun by your team. Awing in spawn is just plain annoying.
                          idkidc1233

Comment

Well you know, I might not always be the bearer of good news, but I'll at least put it out there and try to answer questions so we're not in the dark like we used to be.

Comment

I wonder who is working on clarifying this. Head of pub is currently on vacation, assistant head of pub (me) has not heard of such a rule yet, ban manual does not list antiwarp as anything illegal, "Disruption to the Game" is clearly designed for emergency measures and not for toying around. Also, if anyone went by "Disruption to the Game", they would have to ban for 1 day minimum without warning. Did anyone do that? If not it is abuse.

Do you also plan on banning people who mine on low pop, decide to spawn, sit on roof, use !duel, grab flag as priv freq weasel or do whatever, which does not support basing under "Disruption to the Game"? Feel free to bring any new rule suggestion for pub up in one of the next meetings. But wild threatening of players is way more harmful to the game than any antiwarping can be.

Besides, when I tried to contact Beasty on this matter, instead of responding he instantly went offline once again. Always nice to see a sysop send his minions as shield first.

Comment

Working...
                              X