BTW Good Luck PUSH

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

don't count on it.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Ya as long as we use TWD as a method to choose squads u'll always have those squads like ELenya sneakin into TWL. Although if the TWD season is longer this year maybe we'll have less of them squads.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Having longer will not settle any problems with all those squads laming their way in twl. What will they do? Dissolve from incompetente, recreate another squad and go on again the same thing. It is a continuous circle. Great work push. I don't think anyone can ask for more now....
          Omfg.... STOP PUSH..
          NOW WE WILL HAVE NOTHING TO WHINE ABOUT, THESE FORUMS ARE GONNA BE BORING! NOOOOOOOO

Comment

Actualy the longer the TWD season the more it will sort out. Of course you cant stop all the lame squads from getting into TWL, but u can filter some out. I mean After the ez squads get an 800-900 rating and u get 1200+ u get like 3 points a win fo rthem. Eventualy you'll have to try to beat some of the top squads and risk getting more points per win. Thats what the system was made for, just last season we only had a monthish and they didnt get sorted.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

BasingCrew Lamed their way into TWBL
              Only the loyal count.

Comment

Sorry Cig, it's going to be the same thing no matter how long it is. Squads will come and go, and a lot of these newbie squads are very active, and if they wanted to, they could lame their way into a league in a couple of weeks. No matter how long it is, it won't "filter" any of those kinds of squads out.

The point system just has to be changed a bit, only being able to get points from a certain point range around your squad (which the bot will tell you when you challenge someone, or there could be another function to see). This will make it so that these types of squads have a fairly easy time getting points at the beginning, but then will have a much harder time pulling off wins once they ascend high enough in the ranks. Now these point ranges don't mean that you can't play lower teams, because that'd just be silly, but I do think that if the lower teams were to win, they should get points.

This system might work, OR you could make the point system even tighter, rewarding even MORE for beating higher teams, and rewarding VERY VERY small amounts for teams even OUTSIDE say.... 150 points (this could change however). I'd be amazed if a team could get up to number 1 by getting 1 point for each win against a lower team. This is NOT what teams were doing before, though the points they gained from teams pretty far below them were little, they were making much more than 1 point at a time, while the much more skilled squads just weren't playing as much as them to keep in front of them, even if they were playing teams higher or more around their skill level.

Already I see flaws in my thinking, but I think there are even more flaws in the current point distribution system.

Comment

Ya i agree with u paul, the system is flawed. I dislike the current system alot trust me But i do think if u give it more time then it'll be atleast a little better then last year. Sure those squasd who play 20 games a day or more in a certain league will still be up there if they just play ez squads, but it'll be hard for a squad like melee to squeek into TWLJ/TWLD, or Elenya bc they werent all that active.

What to do with twbd and points, well i think that should be changed too, bc there simply isnt enough games for twbd to straiten out. As u seeen last year on the last day, squads like melee were playing elenya/avalonian and getting 10+ points per win even when they werent ranked high. Same with tanked vs Interface and so on. Basing has more issues then dd/jd.

Sump: yes u did lame ur way in, but u made some moves b4 the lock and we all knew u had the ability to be go od U cou ld of qualified by playin better squads too. Just like sk8 lamed there way in, didd horrible this year, same with Melee.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

The dropoff in points gained against lower squads needs to be more extreme, as well as the reward for fighting the other way.

The downside is that it will actually make the higher ranked squads dodge hte lower ones. If we can find the point schedule that balances these two, we'll all be happy.
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                      The dropoff in points gained against lower squads needs to be more extreme, as well as the reward for fighting the other way.
                      Exactly what I was saying, and it's the simplest method of making things a little more accurate, in the ways of who makes it and who doesn't.

Comment

Hey im all for changing it around if we find a better method, im not to fond of the TWD method atm, but im not creative enough to think of something new.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
                          BasingCrew Lamed their way into TWBL
                          and we prove them laming their way in can be "sexy-pros" at the end

PS - anyone can gel my pubic hair?
                          TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                          TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                          Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                          1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                          4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                          1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Maybe we can integrate the older TWT system (pyramid system) into the TWD system.

Also: I am kind of disappointed in TWD in one way. It was originally introduced as replacement for TWT, but I dont consider them the same. Despite of the way of challenging squads, TWD isnt the same in a competitive way. I used to look out for TWT, as a fun league until TWL started. I remember squads wanted to win TWT, or at least enjoying playing it. TWD is like allways there, and sometimes scores get reset, but I dont consider it as a real league before TWL. Its more like watching your points and your ranking, instead of playing your competitors to get in, which was the case in TWT. You had to beat the squads that were before you or on the same level if I recall correctly. (challengewise)

Peace

dont get me wrong: TWD is a very great system to keep the squads entertained every day, but I think something should be changed when it comes to the leaguefeatures, as in qualifying for TWL.
                            Winner of TWDL Scrotals
                            Winner of TWT Melee
                            Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

Originally posted by Na$
                              dont get me wrong: TWD is a very great system to keep the squads entertained every day, but I think something should be changed when it comes to the leaguefeatures, as in qualifying for TWL.
                              agreed

Comment

im joining military next year too, but not that soon $
                                Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X