Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First 2D Spaceship Law Agency :: We bring you justice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 2D Spaceship Law Agency :: We bring you justice!

Today the 2D Spaceship Law Agency had a victory in its first case, in which Bike's ban was successfully reduced (he was given an unfairly long ban for simply posting a link to a website!).

Remember, when you feel that the 2D Spaceship World is being oppressive, turn to the 2D Spaceship Law Agency -- where we make OJ Simpson's dream team look like a bunch of clowns.

A day after the 2D Spaceship Law Agency provided the defendant with the e-memorandum (which he subsequently emailed to the appeals email), staff updated the pub map with new rules so that this same issue (with mentioning a questionable website) won't be repeated in the future.

Well done staff in making the correct judgment in reducing my client's ban and also for updating the rules in a prompt manner; you deserve the props.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-27-2007, 06:14 PM. Reason: Removed the 2 page e-memorandum because it made the post too big and clunky to read.

allow me to be the first one to post..
    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
    1:Cower> Sword
    1:Kthx> ok
    1:Cower> Axe
    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
    1:Cower> ?
    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

You could have cut out 95% of that and the result would have been the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

i c wut u did thar

Comment

pseudo cartoon maker likes to ride "bikes"
            Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
            Your friend,
            ​​Papi
            ​​​​​

Comment

did they change the rules @ A1 after this?

"softice" is gone tho "1. cheating, teaching to cheat or linking ... " was added. #define CHEATING? is memory reading/editing cheating?
              2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
              2:renzi> lol no
              2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Evul Fly View Post
                #define CHEATING? is memory reading/editing cheating?
                Not by definition. You can memory edit all you want in your computer.
                However, you are cheating if you are modifying any memory of the game client Continuum while being connected to a zone and/or you are playing with a modified Continuum game client in a zone.
                There are probably still loopholes in what I said so don't take it as the official definition/explanation.
                Maverick
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                Subspace Statistics Administrator
                Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

eep
                  Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                  Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Evul Fly View Post
                    did they change the rules @ A1 after this?

"softice" is gone tho "1. cheating, teaching to cheat or linking ... " was added. #define CHEATING? is memory reading/editing cheating?
                    no the rules ware made be4 Bike's ban & the upload was be4 Bike's appeal.
                    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

oj oj oj

Comment

Hello.
                        I don't suspect context or technicalities will play much part in any future incidents of this kind, as it is to be treated as distribution of cheats and will be severely punished. The 100 days against bike would have stood had it not been for another certain individual at the time who drew my focus away from bike's indescretion. You know who you are and you know what I will do to you.

Rules already in the process of being updated since last week. The changes seemed necessary as the rules have evolved a little since their conception and were no longer consistent with how they currently stand.

The changes are summarised as:
                        • Statement about bots and Softice removed. Softice has not applied since Subspace became Continuum, and managing to get an unauthorised bot into the zone falls into the same category as cheating.
                        • Spamming and harassment merged. Why have two rules about similar things when one rule about them both is sufficient?
                        • Rule about advertising other zones removed. If it wasn't illegal to begin with, there's no need to state it.
                        • Spec hunting and multi-clienting merged. They go hand in hand. There is no need for anyone to multi-client and in most cases where it does occur, it is used to spec hunt.
                        • Rule about leaving map boundaries removed. Some maps are flawed like that eg. wormhole, and you will not be prosecuted for it if we know there are holes. Otherwise we will assume you have been wall hacking and cheating rules will apply.
                        • Removed rule about idling. You'll still be kicked if you are idling for an excessive amount of time. No one gets banned for it, so there's no need to make it illegal persay.

Abusing game bugs is still very much illegal, but whether you get banned for it (and how long) is determined by the bug you exploit and the frequency of which you do it. Once I find the appropriate wording, that amendment will be made. Just because it's not currently there, doesn't mean you can play the technicality card until that time.

Special thanks to Barton and Sertifi for the retiling job, and Pure_Luck for the upload.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                          • managing to get an unauthorised bot into the zone falls into the same category as cheating
                          I don't agree. Even though it's impossible to bring a bot into the zone, it isn't the same as cheating. This can cause confusion later when it is forgotten that bringing unauthorised bots in the zone is considered cheating.

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                          • Spec hunting and multi-clienting merged. They go hand in hand. There is no need for anyone to multi-client and in most cases where it does occur, it is used to spec hunt.
                          So if I understand correctly; double-clienting when the two clients aren't in the same arena (so without the intention to spechunt) is legal?
                          Some players do this to gain double amount of usage in the same time. (Since we have usage limits in a few arenas.)

I don't intend to find the loopholes in these rules, I'm only trying to point out the weaknesses of the rules which the staff of nowadays and the future might be having trouble with.
                          Last edited by Maverick; 03-27-2007, 04:23 PM.
                          Maverick
                          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                          Subspace Statistics Administrator
                          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                            So if I understand correctly; double-clienting when the two clients aren't in the same arena (so without the intention to spechunt) is legal?
                            Some players do this to gain double amount of usage in the same time. (Since we have usage limits in a few arenas.)

I don't intend to find the loopholes in these rules, I'm only trying to point out the weaknesses of the rules which the staff of nowadays and the future might be having trouble with.
                            There is no loophole of that kind in there.

The rules start from:"The following are illegal in TrenchWars"

and continue with:
                            "7. Running multiple clients or.."
                            That covers anything considering multiclienting, and also spechunting (which is mentioned after the or).
                            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                            3:Shadowmere> LOL
                            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                            Shadowmere> Rofl
                            Up in ya !> With his feet
                            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                            Up in ya !> l44t feet
                            Deft> l44t f44t*
                            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

maybe you can give the tiles a much nicer look by just LVZ'ing it.. and int he future its much earsier to update since you can just type it instead of tiling it.. wich takes like forever.
                              Last edited by duel pasta; 03-27-2007, 12:31 PM.
                              help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Working...
                              X