No announcement yet.

Offical Elim Announcement - Current Season Ending and New Season Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not focus on the cosmetic for the top 5 players right now anyways. Players are already incentivized to rank up because its on the splash screen and on !ladder.

With regards to the arena closing out..I think we should have the players removed from the game. It'll be more exciting that way. As long as: 1) the bot warns when it happens 2) there is some reasonable countdown, and 3) there are clear markings on the arena that show how the arena will shrink over time.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I thought about playing Ss today, but then I logged in and got a notification that said I'm silenced for 620mins. So I logged back off. Can someone remove that for me, game is dumb when I can't do esc+a or talk?! What ever I said over one month ago I'm sorry for it LOL

Comment

[COLOR="#00FF00"]Get[/COLOR]

Originally posted by olde View Post
        game is dumb when I can't do esc+a
        SHREKT
        sigpic

Comment

Free olde plz

Comment

I vote free olde, but not until after basing cup.

Comment

#FREEOLDE
              Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

olde freed himself, so that kind of figured itself out, heh!

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                Lets not focus on the cosmetic for the top 5 players right now anyways. Players are already incentivized to rank up because its on the splash screen and on !ladder.
                Kind of feeling this way as well. It would add significant time to the download, and it's a fairly major overhaul. We could make it an optional download, but that kind of defeats the purpose of showing off your unique ship.

With regards to the arena closing out..I think we should have the players removed from the game. It'll be more exciting that way. As long as: 1) the bot warns when it happens 2) there is some reasonable countdown, and 3) there are clear markings on the arena that show how the arena will shrink over time.
                If we do it this way it might be a larger restructuring of how it all works. For example, not using doors, but instead using a marker on the map to show what's in or out of bounds. Also worth noting, BR games usually reduce your life rather than eliminate for out of bounds, and I think that works pretty well. We could elim them for out of bounds, or we could do negative full charge every second/few seconds (knocks energy to 0), or just add on a death. Or some hybrid. Negative FC for 10 seconds, and if you don't leave in that time, it warps you, it elims you, it adds a death, etc.

The easiest thing to do without an overhaul is to make the arena smaller as people are eliminated and give them 10 seconds to move to the smaller arena before they're warped. If everyone knows when it will happen, it's harder to complain about getting screwed by it.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

When does this start?

I dropped by today for an elim after some years and nothing is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by download View Post
                    When does this start?

I dropped by today for an elim after some years and nothing is happening.
                    I was thinking about this the other day as well. I would like to start playing elim again.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Why don't you make Elim a league with a set schedule? Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday (after Dueling Cup) or something, 3x a week.

Everyone gets to play, and puts an end to elim being absolute garbage in terms of ranks, since half the Top 10 are being fed, then going on aliases with low-ranked names and hunting their competitors.

It's a complete joke as it stands, and lots of players get good ratings waiting for good players to not be in and selectively choosing which elims to play.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                        Why don't you make Elim a league with a set schedule? Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday (after Dueling Cup) or something, 3x a week.

Everyone gets to play, and puts an end to elim being absolute garbage in terms of ranks, since half the Top 10 are being fed, then going on aliases with low-ranked names and hunting their competitors.

It's a complete joke as it stands, and lots of players get good ratings waiting for good players to not be in and selectively choosing which elims to play.
                        I sort of agree but would rather a new TSL season along side of this cup thing. Elim has to be allowed 24/7 I think. Competition wise I cud support this idea tho if we had a separate ladder with set times for elim.. but again that is basically TSL which I'd rather see happen.

Also there is too much hunting going on and staff is not doing anything to stop it. I have had sooo many games recently where it is so obvious a group of people want to team me where a duo or trio or quartet refuse to even attempt to go after each other at all and just chase me down together for lols. Please staff if a new season of elim is all we have alongside duel cup stop the teaming. It is one reason elim has a fatal flaw.

We must be thinking about including players who did not get to play in twdt whatever we do coming up. Many EG and DSB players got pissed they signed up and were basically locked out.

Set times for TSL or elim I support. We need more than just this cup.. also this cup shud have basing...…...
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

the jessup speaks wisdom

also start a fkin twd season right away

Comment

Working...
                          X