Stop With The Logs Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop With The Logs Already

This means you. All these chat logs that people are posting lately suck. If you're thinking about cutting/pasting a log, please go through the following checklist:

1) Is it funny? I mean REALLY funny. UNIVERSALLY funny. I want my dead grandmother to read it and find humor in it. No more of this bush league ":2iakka> I got 20 kills! KEKEKE *FART*" crap.

2) Can it be pared down to a few lines without losing the intent of the log? Jesus, most of these logs posted are like 40+ lines long, and end up being shitty anyways. Review rule 1.

3) Is it more of the same "STAFF SUXX0RZ" bullness? If so, save it. I ain't got time for yo jibba jabba. Unless DoCk> personally bent you over a trashcan and raped you with your toothbrush, chances are it was your fault anyways.

Basically, I'm just saying that people need to think about what they're posting before they go through with pushing the "Submit New Post/Thread" button.

Logs are usually the suck-bomb, period.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Re: Stop With The Logs Already

":2iakka> I got 20 kills! KEKEKE *FART*"
    heh

Comment

You should have asked me to post this for you Conc. People might start comparing you to the old forum regime...

Comment

I was actually just posting that as one simple forum user to another, not as Mr. Forum Admin Demigod. I'll use the <lightning> and <thunder> tags if I wanna do that.

PS - Hey Aquatiq, is that a Herky toy in your avatar? If so, you're my new favorite forum guy.

Comment

i should whine and point out that something so trivial shouldn't bother you that much

but that would be hypocritical

in reality, i don't know why i'm posting here
          Ну вот...

Comment

I know Conc, but see, after I wrote that, if someone DOES say something along those lines, they'll be directing them to me. Either way your butt's covered.

Comment

CONC IS POWER MAD!! NEXT HE WILL TAKE YOUR WOMEN AND PRETEND TO MAKE OUT WITH THEM. RUNNN
              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Thanks for the new forum sig, Conc.

Comment

Do I make the grade?
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

There's a subtext clause for logs involving Madonna, cundor, grandmothers, and the term "man hands." Not to mention the fact it already clears all three criteria. Either way, I think it works okay.

Comment

Conc, you have to place that log in the right context, i'm compeletel innocent!
                      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Says the guy with the avatar involving some form of date-rape
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                          Either way your butt's covered.

...aaand we get a glimpse of his true intentions. Don't let him drag you into dark side man.
                          Originally posted by Disliked
                          However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                          when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA
                            i should whine and point out that something so trivial shouldn't bother you that much

but that would be hypocritical

in reality, i don't know why i'm posting here
                            This isn't really trivial though, at least in terms of this forum, because if someone posts a long log, you start reading it because you think it's going somewhere, then 3 pages later it just ends without a funny part.

unlike quotes, where you already know what it says.
                            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

typically, long logs suck

if the logs typically suck..ignore them all

ignored logs = trivial matters
                              Ну вот...

Comment

Working...
                              X