Recycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycle

How often are the squad names and player names recycled in the database?

I think it's lame there are a ton of good nicks and squad names that are forever locked and un-usuable b/c there are tons of people who just sit around creating "cool" squad names but then never use them..then they forget the pass to them and they are gone for good. Not that they were ever going to use them in the first place.

I think if a nick or squad has not been used in the last 6 months they should be reset and available for an active player to create them again.

MR. T.

"I pitty the fool who does see jackie's wisdom here"
    Last edited by JacKieChan>; 02-24-2004, 10:03 AM.
    I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

depends on usage. if they just make them and sit them, they recycle within a short period of time

(i made a name this summer, and 4 months later it was already taken and being used. it only had 1 min usage on it, so it obviously was reset)

Comment

I see your point jackie, and i can understand why you made it. But its not fair to people that have been playing the game for so long and have senority over you and others, if they played before you and got the name then it should stay theirs, unless they dont want it. On the other hand i do think that the reset time should be shorned somewhat.
      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
      3:Best> see it coming
      3:Best> sad

Comment

Platinum Halo resets them dorx.

Depends on usage, and the last time they were logged on. Ive got a lot of names with hardly any usage, but they wont get reset if u log them on every now and then.
        http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
        ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

You are misunderstood abrasion, names reset automatically, unless they have been hacked or stolen then Plat-H might reset your name if he's in a good mood and of course you can prove it was yours.
          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
          cool koen> :)
          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
          cool koen> not because of a bug
          EvoLd> Lol
          Treachery> meh
          EvoLd> why then?
          PubAceR> women in power dont last
          EvoLd> LOl
          toaster oven reviews

Comment

HAHAHAHA

You can't forget the password to a squad you own. No matter what pw you put in, if you own the squad, it'll work.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

But don't you have to be on the squad to work the ownership of it? So like if you create a squad one day for fun, go back to your normal one, and a month later you forget the pw you used to create the squad, you wouldn't be able to use it..

Or can you just ?squadjoin=Name and leave out the pw if you're the owner, and it works? Never tried that, myself, but I suppose it would make sense.
              Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Originally posted by Adeon
                But don't you have to be on the squad to work the ownership of it? So like if you create a squad one day for fun, go back to your normal one, and a month later you forget the pw you used to create the squad, you wouldn't be able to use it..

Or can you just ?squadjoin=Name and leave out the pw if you're the owner, and it works? Never tried that, myself, but I suppose it would make sense.
                you can just put any pw in that you want if you own the squad, but you have to put something in.

Comment

How soon name is reset depends on usage.
                  The more usage the name has, the longer time it takes it to be reset. Names with lots of usage are never reset. Exact times are not public. Squads are deleted when squad owner name is deleted.

PriitK
                  "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Names with lots of usage are never reset.
                    Lea_> ?usage
                    Total Usage: 2993 hours, 54 mintues

Woot, I shall be forever in Trenchwars Record Database! Do I get a medal?
                    <3 TW Radio

Comment

LOL
                      http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
                      ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

well

I don't think it's fair that there are tons of nicks and squad names locked b/c people create them and then never do anything with them...that's all.

And I've tried to create the same squad name over several months and it is not a squad I have ever seen in TW ever...but it is always "already existing".

Boo.
                        I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

Boo indeed my forum spammer.
                          <3 TW Radio

Comment

I agree with you 100 percent jackie.its retarded,, just like having 100(exageration) long since inactive players in the tw's gallery.
                            work it harder make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger more than ever hour after , our work is never over

Comment

I knwo how you all fell, i have been trying for the name End for over 2 years now and it still hasnt reset, i have sent the guy messages asked around who owns it and i send him ?lostpassword messages he still hasnt signed on. I have talked to plat and he says nothing can be done but surley this has to be changed. I believe that there should be a huge name clearance every six months, if a name has nnot been used for more than 5 hours within this tme period it should be deleted.
                              Makelele> whos camping
                              Sumpson> mitch
                              KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
                              Lemar> mitch
                              Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Working...
                              X