Peaked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fork View Post
    When I first started in 2005, was like 17 yrs old and I was shit. Skip to today, im still shit and my marriage has gone downhill (too much time on this game, and less attention to her at night) this has caused her to have an affair with a woman and now im fked lol. Its cool if it was just a fling but she loves her and doesnt love me anymore. Wheres the rope when I need it.
    u ross from friends?
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
      u ross from friends?
      I hope not, doesnt he get married 3 times after to the same woman? Anyway, we still living together (for now) but I gotta be careful if I bring any girls home, my wife could try and take them... what a story that could b lol.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Ah to be 30 again. The infamous "Saturn Return" and other aging things. When I turn 55 this October, I will play Trench Wars and be thankful my reflexes are still quick enough to place me in the top 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Mewtilant View Post
          Ah to be 30 again. The infamous "Saturn Return" and other aging things. When I turn 55 this October, I will play Trench Wars and be thankful my reflexes are still quick enough to place me in the top 100.
          How right you are, I have been playing on a saturn emulator and having a wave of nostalgia.
          British> my 18th tomoz $$
          Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Attacks and the other top level players please do some Twitch Streams with VOIP then post them on TW Facebook/Youtube and pass it around as much as possible! I know there are those of you out there with the skills to make the youngsters say damn!
            Yes this may be a old game
            But it still takes skill
            Same reason people play CS ok yes CS is still wayyyy ahead of TW but ok look its an idea..

Comment

I started this game back in like 2000 with my bigger brother and I was like 13. We used to use the same user name and we were pretty casual. I would quit for months and was just a huge newbie for a few years.

Didn't really get serious in EG till like 2006 or so, I forget. It was really fun back then and competitive, constant shit talking in EG dueled drama and hate. The game was more fun back then with a bigger population.

Fast forward a few years and a lot of players had left or quit EG, I heard TW was still popping sorta and I came here. It was fun and refreshing to see a lot of GOOD players active and competing on a regular basis.

That era seems to be over as well but TWDT/TSL keeps it fun. I don't think I'm as good as I was but I'm serviceable in more TW ships than back then, where I was primarily a spider.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                Started in 1998 when I was 40, so I was already old and slow. I’m 59 now but there are three things that have impacted me; eyesight is affected by the chemo, brain fog from the dialysis; and timing is affected by having to puke into a bucket on my lap as I play. But it’s not all bad; having my kidney and bladder removed means not having to jump up to go piss. LOL
                Eph

try the weeds
                Leland

Comment

Im just gonna quote muh friend Cig Smoke real quick

Cross is good but can only carry so far.
                  Where the fuck are all my medals Ease?
                  Last edited by Cross; 06-30-2017, 09:46 PM.
                  1:vys> yo Pure_Luck already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sysop and method owns TW

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
                    I started this game back in like 2000 with my bigger brother and I was like 13. We used to use the same user name and we were pretty casual. I would quit for months and was just a huge newbie for a few years.

Didn't really get serious in EG till like 2006 or so, I forget. It was really fun back then and competitive, constant shit talking in EG dueled drama and hate. The game was more fun back then with a bigger population.

Fast forward a few years and a lot of players had left or quit EG, I heard TW was still popping sorta and I came here. It was fun and refreshing to see a lot of GOOD players active and competing on a regular basis.

That era seems to be over as well but TWDT/TSL keeps it fun. I don't think I'm as good as I was but I'm serviceable in more TW ships than back then, where I was primarily a spider.
                    but ur unfortunately still dookie.
                    4:BigKing> xD
                    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                    4:BigKing> what did i do???
                    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                    4:BigKing> ???? why though
                    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

There's so many factors to consider.
                      Computer
                      Time
                      Enthusiasm
                      Players ability

I peaked during 05 - 10 those was my best years skill wise. I think everyone gets to their peak, but some people at different times. I honestly think i reached my peak before everyone else, due to my time and commitment I put in. I think it took people longer to reach my level, but a lot of people are closer to my level or the same over the time.

There's no new talent coming through the ranks, all players have past game experience, whether it be playing TW or other zones. This is why competition is at its best because the skill set is so close to each other, rather than it wad years ago.

Look at Iron Survivor for instance. I considered him an easy target when he was with his Brazilian counterparts during my peak. But he is now up there competing with the best. I just think it took him longer to reach that level than I did.
                      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

LOL modest as ever Vys
                        British> my 18th tomoz $$
                        Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
                          I wake up in morning and have to remind myself i'm 30 now and not that 15 year old who downloaded the game years ago, As I get older I wonder am I finally getting worse? Reflexes are proven to start slowing from a age of 21, however how does experience, muscle memory and emotional stability counter this. A lot of players now are around the same age as me, how do you feel? Not as good as you used to be? Or just the same if not a little better? Warbird is heavy reflexed game do I need to look at other leagues?
                          30? Damn im old!

Comment

I remember getting the subspace game itself on cd around 99-2000. I remember playing on Paleden and enjoying Trench Wars when the server averaged 400+ people at anytime during the day. Ww3 on Sundays and constant TW Town zombie battles. Good times. Met a lot of friends I kept in touch with on MSN Messenger until about 10 years ago when the messenger program was phased out. I was about 12-13 then, now I'm 30. Time flies.
                            Last edited by JJ87; 07-10-2017, 10:15 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuff

Comment

Somewhere my pixel still exist on the unfinished ?go island map. I remember when me and 5 others spent 3 hours going through the ?go teks or ?go treks maze.

Comment

Yarr, hacking the SS demo / beta / whatever it described itself as back in the days of VIE... fun times! And those magnificent days of 400+ in TW when seemingly half the population weren't bots.

Popping into TSL these last couple weekends for giggles has confirmed, to my delight, that I haven't peaked yet (and never will) because I play too inconsistently to ever achieve any kind of actual form.
                                Old git and mostly harmless former captain of British Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X