Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech support needed: volume icon set to mute...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech support needed: volume icon set to mute...

Do any of you know why my volume icon is set to mute and just gives me an error message when I click on it? I already tried MSN tech support but they haven't fixed the problem. I tried downloading a soundcard but apparently it didn't install. Please help, I am lost without my YouTube! :\
    Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

buy a new computer
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
    1:waven> is if im going to prison
    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Do you have sound drivers installed correctly? If so, can you listen to any other music? Might be also the fact you can't listen to some music on youtube in your country. More details about the problem, please.
      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

1) Is it a new PC/sound card (the hardware)?

2) If it is existing and has been working fine, have you checked whether it is plugged in right?

3) Have you downloaded any software that could over write your sound card drive? Also tried to run anti-virus software, some virus can disable sound card.

It could also be a hardware issue, in which the case you need to get a new sound card.
        ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

I downloaded some sort of soundcard thinking it would override the problem but no such luck. I never knew how addicted I am to YouTube until this problem happened.

Comment

When I click on the volume tab it say hardware changes might not have been detected... "Detected". :/

Comment

how old of a sound card is it?
              Former TW Staff

Comment

I'm not sure where to even find the soundcard... but I know this is a semi-old Acer with Windows 7 installed on what was originally Vista.

Comment

Check: Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound

See whether you can change the sound volume or your computer can even detect your sound card.
                  ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Working...
                  X