Any suggestions for TWD in general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kthx View Post
    No No No lets not change things back to how they want it because the minority complains about them, Lets "test" them out for a few months first even though some people might not be able to play before we make any logical decisions about realizing that the point of a free 2d spaceship game from 15 years ago is that its a free 2d spaceship game from 15 years ago.
    whine whine hwine shut the fuyk up you make texas look like a bunch of whining faggots

Comment

You just don't know how to get stuff done vatican.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i've played with many resolutions against people with many resolutions and the screen may look different ot whatever but i havent noticed doign any better or worse with any certain resolution and id be surprised if anyone did honestly.

Suggestion : let us 3v3 or 6v6 7v7 dd/jd with use of !addplayer etc.
        5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
        5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
        5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
        5:Melanoma> aight cool
        5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
        5:Oops> what?
        5:Melanoma> ye
        5:Oops> you serious?
        5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
        5:Melanoma> fu
        5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
        5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
          Allow non-team subs in TWD, up to 1 for TWDD/JD and 2 for TWBD. So if you have 8 people who want to play on one team and the other only has 6 the team with 6 can add 2 non-team players to the game. So you make a command like !addplayer but instead it's !allownts nts being non-team sub and then it'll allow the other team to add a non-team sub. If you want to specify which player you want to let the other team add type !allownts Burnt then that will allow Burnt and only Burnt to play for the opposing team. This will also allow squads to try out players for their squad if they wish and make the game more enjoyable because their will be less waiting in spec. This will also allow TWDD/JD squads to play with 3 squad members and BD squads to play with technically 3 (really 4 since few want to play 5v5) if the other team will allow a NTS or two. You could disable NTS games from effecting TWD ratings while squads are qualify for TWL as well.
          Allow TWD games to start with 1 player in that isn't on the roster, but only allow it if both teams agree to it in the first round (for TWDD/TWJD) so that it can't be done later. Also, if the teams agree to allow one random player to play for them then the maximum point gain/loss for either team is 1 point.
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            Thats where you are wrong Stabwound, the problems regarding changing lag limits and raising resolution limits are the same. This is a 15 year old game, and a 12-13 year old zone, people play this game for the simplicity of it an the fact that it doesn't require much if any computer resources to run and that even poor brazillians can play the game with their wooden modems that they cut down all the trees for.
            what ya problem? i dun have packetloss and i can still play with this stupid laglimit changes. Think a little more before talking shit about my country u stupid jerk. My ISP gives me 1mbps broadband u fuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
              whine whine hwine shut the fuyk up you make texas look like a bunch of whining faggots
              Look like?

This is his sig for crying out loud

http://www.texassecede.com/
              GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

does it literally make you cry out loud "ganon knight"?
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

OK...I know I've said this before, but how about making TWD a little more like TWDT. Would be nice to have the captains actually have a job in this game other than fuckin' with applications and pro/demotions. Players should all get contracts to squads...maybe a 14-30 day lock onto a squads roster with the possibility of being released or traded. If the player refuses to play with the team he was traded to and asks for a release they should serve a 3 day waiting period before they can get new contracts. If the player would like to continue playing for the squad he had a contract with then he has the right to get a 31-90 day contract with no punishment for leaving the squad or one that he may be traded to. As far as roster sizes, it will somehow factor the system ratings of players, make teams more even...you know...so there's not like...you know...20 warbirds being benched on one squad that...you know...can start for 5 different squads. I know this game is 50 years old and nobody cares about it and it's dying and it's blah blah blah, but I do see more and more new players in TWD so some changes wouldn't hurt. As far as TWD being more like TWDT I'd like to see some form of rating system for every league (like the stars in TWDT) on players that is set to default when a player signs his first contract. Then over the course of his time playing in TWD, based off his stats in all 4 leagues (considering SD to be a league in the future,) the stats will fix itself in a scale of 1-10 every 20 rounds played in DD and JD, and every 10 rounds played in BD. This will then create more competition amongst players as they try to bring their own ratings up and will hopefully make TWSD more active as players fight to become the best overall player in this game. Now, with that said...the rating system would have an effect on trades to make them more even...also, there should be some side rating that only captains or staff can toy with on a players behavior on squad and his time spent on squad (or maybe an explanation to staff on why he would like to give a player a certain rating on behavior.) Now you have squad hopping and attitude coming into an effect on the players rating, nothing too drastic, but enough to draw out the crybabies and squad hoppers...ahem. If that doesn't go well, then maybe an emoticon next to the players name on roster. I think I had more to say, but my ADD kicked in and now I'm watching youtube videos. I'll probably add more onto this later. Hope all of this makes sense.
                  Last edited by Rasaq; 09-06-2010, 03:41 AM.

Comment

stfu xog
                    Last edited by Xog; 09-07-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

where the hell did you get those numbers?

sweet doesn't have 54 people rostered. we have 41.

i didn't double check the other squads, but i'm willing to bet your other numbers are off as well.

in our particular case, as a 3-league squad we are allowed a 35 player cap. so as of right now, a whopping half dozen of our players won't be twl eligible.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

We have a 48 man roster, not a 62 man roster..where on earth are you looking? Plus we have about 10 completely inactive players who come online once a month if not less than that, just to mess about with us for a night....put in these limits for twd and these players will just outright quit as no squad would take them on. It wasn't hard for us to cut down to 35 players for twl as we just left off the inactives.

Plus to Rasaq - people play this game for fun, if they're forced to play somewhere they don't want to...why would they play? I play with players I enjoy playing with/interacting with.
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here...which, knowing my math, I probably am..

Freebie:

Sweet:

Comment

wow, i feel like a dumbass... why on earth do the numbers start at 10 - 12 for players?

edit:
                            I guess it makes sense now that i actually look at it. I thought it was going 1-3 captain, 1-10 assistants, 1-41 players, etc.

time for a recount -________- i guess that's what i get for glancing instead of reading

Comment

yeah you're pretty dumb, it counts all players in the total, not added individually...
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                                Correct me if I'm wrong here...which, knowing my math, I probably am..

Freebie:

Sweet:

But yea I would like to see correct numbers!
                                Ara / AraGee / Death
                                SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                                SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                                TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                                ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X