This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
    Can we not just do this, warbird/jav one 6 star one 7 star one 8 and two 9+, and for base one 6 two 7s one 8 and the rest 9-10s? Least then the 8s wont be left out? Seems simple to me maybe im not spotting something
    I think that makes sense, there would still enough spots for 9-10s since there arent many of those players, and 8s would get more playing time in general. I think that would also prevent super stacked teams with 3 9-10s playing vs 3 8s, so it would even teams out more in theory
    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Uh... that doesn't make any sense at all with 6 teams... have you seen the rosters?

The finals would have Steadman and Trasher on the bench, and the Semis would have Commodo and Tiny sitting, and Cape/Racka/Mean Gene/Kira sitting.

That dog won't hunt, monseigneur.

https://gyazo.com/73d8d28b2739d91ad0a2304235fd0c94

top 100 basers list

Comment

Ya see what you mean but captains hadnt drafted with the intention of getting needed 8's so went all stacked out on 9s and 10s might be different if that factors in draft picks,plus this would spread 9s and 10s out a bit , I just see the only way of getting 8s to have some love is forcing people to pick a 8 star in the lineup

Imo at the end of the day its depends what the next head of twdt is going for, does he want it to be competitive or more inclusive
        Last edited by Attacks; 06-09-2017, 10:46 PM.
        British> my 18th tomoz $$
        Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

TWL is dead, this is our only competitive league now.

It provides a nice structure of balanced lines while still having good teams and quality play where you have enough veterans in play to do well, but still have to carry low stars.

If you want inclusiveness, that's what TSL is for. TWDT is inclusive enough, and reducing veteran slots further would be a bad idea.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
            Uh... that doesn't make any sense at all with 6 teams... have you seen the rosters?

The finals would have Steadman and Trasher on the bench, and the Semis would have Commodo and Tiny sitting, and Cape/Racka/Mean Gene/Kira sitting.

That dog won't hunt, monseigneur.

https://gyazo.com/73d8d28b2739d91ad0a2304235fd0c94

So in your opinion those 9+ star people should never bench. But it doesnt matter if 8 or lower has to bench... Whats that for lame opinion.
            Like you can see u had 15 high stars, with 18 spots for it. Even if you get it those 2 spots for the 9+ players you have almost enough spots, especially since you can remove Dreamwin and stayon from that list since they quit. And Best/Havok didnt show to any jav game I think. Like stated before, it would stop stacking.
            The group of 8s is too big to not make room for them like we do with 6 and 7s.
            Major Crisis

Comment

This is all a moot point given that we're probably moving to a 1-100 system, either with an overall cap or new star slots to better accommodate low 8s, which was already a priority. We've targeted 7s in prior seasons, and other groups that felt neglected. As I've repeatedly said, you're never going to please everybody given that amount of starting spots doesn't change. You're just shifting the burden to another group. Which is fine, as long as it's not always the same group.

I find it odd that you're complaining, given how much success you had the prior season thanks to low-star slots I personally created out of thin fucking air. Calling me lame when you ran the league and did nothing about it seems hypocritical.

I'm pretty sure when you and every other mod ran TWDT there was 1 low star slot in every league, and it was eliminated for the playoffs. I boosted it to two slots in wb and jav, and three in base, and they don't disappear come playoff time, so saying I don't care about various tiers of players is ridiculous.

Sorry that I don't want games devolving into fucking pub with only 2 high star players in and pushing out people for being good at the game, the most active, and the ones primarily responsible for keeping leagues alive.
              Last edited by ogron; 06-10-2017, 06:40 AM.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Sorry that I don't want games devolving into fucking pub with only 2 high star players in and pushing out people for being good at the game, the most active, and the ones primarily responsible for keeping leagues alive.
                The words in bold do not match together. Next time we will see bigger bunch of 10 and 9 star players playing is when they login for 1 hour during TWDT in 3 months. Why don't they play during off-season? Simple, their rating never goes down (as activity is not a factor for them) and they know they will play regardless.
                Last edited by Henry Saari; 06-10-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Most people on this game are now at a stage in their life where being on daily or active isn't an option - personally I've only really logged in on sundays of late because thats the only day I've got free to do whatever.

Also I think most people who are a 9-10 rating don't need to be on daily to maintain their skill level, as has been repeatedly proven by guys like Ease who just show up and MVP.

You might not like it, but the more inactive guys getting started over others are still just better at this game than you and other people who are benched currently. Sure, there are some exceptions where adding an inactive backfires but largely they're still better - the best way to combat this is to get better at your ships than trying to get to the top by eliminating more inactive players.

Punishing them/us more inactives is just going to stop us logging in as opposed to getting us to log on daily like we used to before real life took over.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

The point with my post was to say that by punishing the active players in longer run you drive them away from league rather than get them excited to bench another season. Now when this happens new players will not enter leagues anymore and with the veteran population only appearing for 1 hour a week for TWDT. It is not rocket science what happens.
                    Last edited by Henry Saari; 06-10-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

keep the same format or something close otherwise it's going to be a shit show. We do not need to make this game more friendly to bad players as there are literally zero good new players in past 5 years (kado is absolute trash at all 3 leagues)

the only player who is somewhat new and became good was steadman and he played 24/7. theres a reason 8* spot is competitive, it's because it's sort of like being average... if you want to prove your worth playing at 8* then show the cap you're worth it. ie: trasher playing twjd and doing well nonstop proved to me he wanted it more than say paradise/kim/aprix.

i dont want to play with more bad players, the concept of dt should be that it's a draft not that you play with glorified pubbers. lets just try to get better ratings and better overall caps (or all caps on the same level)

Comment

lol, a significant portion of every statement Henry Saari makes in this thread relates to M_M God starting over him in TWDT-B, and wanting to create/change rules for the entire league just for this specific circumstance he found himself in for 1 season losing his starting spot to an inactive player who shows up 1 hour a week.

let's change the whole system so henry saari the 8-star is assured a spot every season (even though he just started two straight finals in TWDT-B as an 8-star) because he refuses to admit he has any flaws in his spidering game despite having god-tier Finnish lag like Turban/Trasher and refuses to improve, because he can't win a spot over a guy who plays 1 hour a week.

Honestly, after your performance this season I think you should be dropped to a 7-Star. It's not a coincidence the EXACT same lines Round 2 of semis, with MM God in place for you, got 2 minutes and 45 seconds more time. He pushes and is way more impact than you.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

For what its worth I would prefer to have twdtd and twdtb swap slots, in regards to twbd I have noticed people tend to play earlier as opposed to twdd where more games are played later in the evening (my evening) all onboard ofc
                          British> my 18th tomoz $$
                          Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Honestly, after your performance this season I think you should be dropped to a 7-Star. It's not a coincidence the EXACT same lines Round 2 of semis, with MM God in place for you, got 2 minutes and 45 seconds more time. He pushes and is way more impact than you.
                            Since my charm is working, make that 6/6/6.
                            Last edited by Henry Saari; 06-11-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
                              Since my charm is working, make that 6/6/6.

:laugh:
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

I think the ratings just need to be more accurate year over year.

But that is difficult to do, as most players aren't even active as Ricko said.

Comment

Working...
                                X