No announcement yet.

TWD player borrowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dunno my point was it seems like a lot of work for something that might benefit very few and cause a lot of headaches/drama. twd for no points with borrowed players.... thats pretty much an organized go base/javduel. if we wanna twd more get ur old pene butt buddies back in tw

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
      dunno my point was it seems like a lot of work for something that might benefit very few and cause a lot of headaches/drama. twd for no points with borrowed players.... thats pretty much an organized go base/javduel. if we wanna twd more get ur old pene butt buddies back in tw
      Yeah it is a lot of work and there aren't too many people in the game both capable and willing to do it. Hopefully someone steps up if this or something else is wanted by enough players.

Getting Penetrate members back to the game, yes that would be nice. Getting old people back to the game in general would be nice. But you can't force them back and people have moved on with their lives, gotten kids etc.
      JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
      JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
      mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
      mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Support. If you're adding a player make the game worth no twd points, then yes it does turn into pretty much a go base game, but doing this will add some form of legitimacy and seriousness to it, the games will be more structured and proper, how go base is supposed to be, but isn't due to everyone treating it like it's pub.
        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Alternatively, staff could just create 2 huge squads where people can doublesquad. just don't count the points toward twl qualification (if you're even gonna do that anymore)
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
            Alternatively, staff could just create 2 huge squads where people can doublesquad. just don't count the points toward twl qualification (if you're even gonna do that anymore)
            I'm greatly in favour of this although make it 4 squads because I know people hate other people so give them a bigger choice what to double squad on AND if there were only 2 squads then it would be like aliased dice members vs alias thunder members (only the best will keep getting used while the rest are ornaments cept for basing).

It could be controlled too: you can only double squad on these 4 squads only and these squads could last a few months before dissolving (back to normal)

If tw activity increases quite abit then yes have 4 vs 4 otherwise keep it 3 vs 3

Final thing: perhaps u can only join these double squads if ur name is the same as your regular TWD registered name + a number or <DS>
            -eg Fork (spark). Fork1 or Fork <DS>
            This way people still know who is who. (Break the rules or impersonate then u risk not being allowed to double squad.

Anyway I could def see this working but can tw staff?
            Last edited by Fork; 03-28-2016, 11:04 AM.
            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Still nothing quite beats squads being able to challenge the world in TWD. It could benefit alot of people. For a start squads who can't find a game will always have a 2nd chance to do so before logging out. Squads who don't have enough could accept the world challenge and team up with whoever arrives to take them down. However the downside of this would prob be javduel/basing/ wbduel dying out. Coding this in twd would unfortunately be too hard.
              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                Already suggested doublesquadding before http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...uble-squadding
                World squad has been suggested before http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...f-every-player!

These 2 (and other ideas) have been brought up many times in the past, but nothing has come of it.

Doesn't need to be player borrowing that gets implemented - if one of the other ideas is easier to make happen and/or gets more support, then do that instead.

As long as we (staff, coders, players) do something.
                JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
                  As long as we (staff, coders, players) do something.
                  Do not underestimate our staff yung1. This will be completed Wednesday night:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...cement-project
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Smart idea, I could have helped twbd get many games last league . This idea will do more than ppl think imo.
                    TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
                    (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
                    PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
                    AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

This is a great idea and should be implemented as soon as humanly possible. TWL is absolutely horrendous for the general health of the league and TWD specifically. It feels like the game is on life support until TWDT resuscitates it, and the cycle of life begins anew.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Squad borrowing would also introduce people to basing who otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to join such squads (aka lrim)
                        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                          Squad borrowing would also introduce people to basing who otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to join such squads (aka lrim)
                          WHAT THE HECK
                          President of ?Go wbduel
                          Hero of ?go Bug
                          Trivia Master of ?go pub
                          M3 student doctor (MD/MBA)
                          Fide Candidate Master 2262 elo
                          Solved over 600 evil sudokus (avrg time 6 mins)
                          Future Trenchwars Sysop 2050
                          Returning Dec 2017

Comment

From a preliminary investigation, this actually could be reasonably simple to add. No rating, though, as mentioned (squad or personal), even if one of these players were subbed in.

Squad v world would be very difficult to add to TWD (as consolation I added it to base/wbduel/javduel though I think it's never used, though it's essentially the same thing with a different arena). Allowing double-squadding is nigh impossible in the code without a complete rewrite of our largest, most complicated and most widely-used backend system. Instead it would need to be handled by a diligent team of TWD ops. In other words, I don't see it happening.

This one could actually work, though. !borrow X, and as long as X is in the TWD system and not on the opposing squad, it allows you to use them. They would need to consent to being borrowed, naturally. And then the other squad would need to consent to using borrowed players, negating the score. Maybe to save time it could be something you set before the game begins.

Having some number of squads everyone is automatically joined to, and can switch between could also work. That one's more work, though, as you'd need to ignore ratings from particular squads, not show them on the site, etc.
                            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Player borrowing might work.

It needs to be agreed upon in the challenge/accept phase.
                              All statistics should be voided in these games.
                              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                              3:Shadowmere> LOL
                              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                              Shadowmere> Rofl
                              Up in ya !> With his feet
                              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                              Up in ya !> l44t feet
                              Deft> l44t f44t*
                              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
                                All statistics should be voided in these games.
                                This made me all for this idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X