No announcement yet.

Captains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i could maybe volunteer to captain, but would need a co-captain that can show to at least warbird time slot (assuming times haven't changed) and perhaps cover some weeks.

still a big maybe, but could try to help one more time.

Comment

If we could get Dreamwin/Zidane/Trasher/Geio/Turban/Mythril, would be pretty epic.

Could prob team up Geio with Tiny or something to make it completely fair, then random draw.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        but could try to help one more time.
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I’d think Turb as a cap would be good. If every other cap agrees - give him a wb to help cover that spot (like you said team Geio with Tiny). What if we did it where we had two captains per team? I know we probably don’t have the number of players to make that a viable option. For example: Pair zid with a wb (since he’s better at jav/base.. same goes for dreamwin etc. I know it probably won’t work and you can make the argument of just having individuals and just let them draft. Not sure if having a preset co-captain would give them an incentive to sign up or cap.
          help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
          help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            I proved a first time cap can do everything that is needed. My wb and jav team was by far the best team on paper. When we showed up we won and dominated.
            Didn't you try to quit after 2 weeks as cap because your team was struggling, make a forum thread about it and then only stuck around because your team drastically improved in the free agency?.....
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I did have an issue with a few on my team Ricko because they were actively trying to sabatoge it. I voiced my frustrations and threatened to quit for 1 day but quickly pulled myself together and continued onward with those who were trying despite losers like oderus. I met EVERY requirement and my record as cap was 100% clean.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I think a captain should be respected by atleast 75% of the TW community
                Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by Weak View Post
                  I’d think Turb as a cap would be good. If every other cap agrees - give him a wb to help cover that spot (like you said team Geio with Tiny). What if we did it where we had two captains per team? I know we probably don’t have the number of players to make that a viable option. For example: Pair zid with a wb (since he’s better at jav/base.. same goes for dreamwin etc. I know it probably won’t work and you can make the argument of just having individuals and just let them draft. Not sure if having a preset co-captain would give them an incentive to sign up or cap.

I mean, Turban is a very good warbird already. He led Terrorist to the TWDT-D Finals two seasons ago, and was a good starter in TWLD and dropped 20 on Fierce like twice. He's not super elite, but he's like an 8.5

Zidane probably has the most value because he's the best javelin and the best shark. He's not a great WB, but he's pretty decent. He made TSLD All-Stars (albeit through attrition) and won TWDT-D as a starter in 2016.

Dreamwin as almost as much value as Zid, although he spiders which is less important than shark.

Mythril
                  is a Top 5 all-time warbird, an elite shark who made All-Stars and has started 3 TWLB Finals, and a pretty solid jav.

Trasher is a basing god, a very good jav, and a decent warbird.

Geio is a very good warbird, a good jav, and a good shark. Tiny is an elite javelin and shrewd TWDT cap with experience.

If you rate a captain on his proficiency across 3 leagues, with 3.0 being the perfect 3-leaguer who is a god in every ship, I'd rate them thusly:

Zidane - 2.7
                  Turban - 2.8
                  Dreamwin - 2.6
                  Mythril - 2.6
                  Trasher - 2.5
                  Geio/Tiny - 2.5

I really think it's pretty close. I'd give myself like a 1.8 (1 for base since I terr and that's super valuable, and .8 for warbird) and I've always had the worst draft spot every season and reached the Semi-Finals in all three leagues 8/9 times. Attacks went like 6/6, and I'd rate him like 0.9 (.9 for wb, and nothing else), so even with a big initial disadvantage it's still possible to be very successful. Obviously, the more parity the better, but I'm not sure giving these captains anyone else would prove beneficial.

Those 6 would be, by far, the most talented group of captains in TWDT history.

There was a season a few years ago where TJ Hazuki was a captain and took Welt with his 1st pick, so knowing you're going to any those 6 teams, who get an elite pick in the 1st round on top of that, has to instill you with a degree of confidence that you're primed for success.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Turban is a very good warbird already. He led Terrorist to the TWDT-D Finals two seasons ago
                    ??????????????????????????????????????????????
                    That was all Dreamwin and a little me. All I remember is Turban going 5-10 all the time :x
                    But yea he can do really good in wb.
                    Major Crisis

Comment

Oh nvm I see in the stats he did better in regular season than I thought... His finals were bad
                      Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                        Turban is a very good warbird already. He led Terrorist to the TWDT-D Finals two seasons ago
                        ??????????????????????????????????????????????
                        That was all Dreamwin and a little me. All I remember is Turban going 5-10 all the time :x
                        But yea he can do really good in wb.
                        Ummm...

He finished 7th in TWDT-D, averaging 10.9 KPG. You finished 38th averaging 7.0 KPG.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p7iePJg.png
Views:	2
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	1282226
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Why is my team called Zombie?
                          JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                          JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                          mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                          mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
                            because you're completely dead inside
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
                              It's just a placeholder title.

You're free to name your team and choose an alternate portrait. Remember that you don't need to own the squadname in TWDT, which gives captains more freedom to choose something cool.

Alternate Portraits available:

Last edited by ogron; 09-28-2017, 11:03 AM.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

holy crap you really got the cream of the crop here trasher. Better get on EARTHWORM JIM before its taken

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                                It's just a placeholder title.

You're free to name your team and choose an alternate portrait. Remember that you don't need to own the squadname in TWDT, which gives captains more freedom to choose something cool.

Alternate Portraits available:

1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                                1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                                1:Tiny> LOL
                                1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Working...
                                X