TWD player borrowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD player borrowing

Since TWL is rapidly approaching (even if it hasn't been decided when it starts yet) and TWL pretty much kills TWD:

Add player borrowing feature to TWD. For dd/jd you could borrow 1 player, for bd 2 (or more, up for debate). Alternatively only allow borrowing for basing since dd/jd requires just 3 players nowadays.

Often when your squad manages to scrape enough players together for a game you can't find an opponent (especially for TWBD). And by the time you get an opponent someone has logged off. Or you get challenged but you're missing a player or 2. This would alleviate that problem and boost TWD activity.

Rating could be disabled for matches with borrowed players in, if it is deemed to be a problem. Maybe add a command to the bot that both teams have to agree for borrowed players to be allowed in the game.
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

worth a shot.

this has been suggested several times, and honestly no one else seems to have a better plan to improve TWD activity during TWL seasons. so, why not?

Comment

I approve, especially if there is a way that it can't affect anything TWL related and boosts twd activity during twl
      Last edited by Ricko; 03-27-2016, 12:29 PM.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Added benefits:
        Allows returning players and newbies to play TWD without joining a squad.
        Allows people like Solace who don't want to join squads to BD occasionally.
        Allows squads to not have to try to recruit random ppl to have 1-2 players for a BD.
        Allows people to TWD with people they haven't TWD'd with before.
        Allows people to TWD with friends on other squads.

Comment

seems like a lot of new programming for a mediocre idea? also if you're borrowing a player then you're just hurting the other squads' chances of getting a game

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            seems like a lot of new programming
            Maybe it is. Up to the player base to decide if it's worth pursuing and if we actually have coders willing to make it happen.

mediocre idea
            If you have a better idea for making TWD more active, then post it.

if you're borrowing a player then you're just hurting the other squads' chances of getting a game
            I don't agree with that. First of all the player being borrowed has to agree to being borrowed. Second of all if this system is in place then subbing a player becomes much easier. Third of all if you know your squad is about to play then don't accept being borrowed. Fourth of all the player being borrowed doesn't even have to be in a TWD squad (though the player very likely will be in one). Fifth of all borrowing would be a completely optional feature that both teams would have to agree upon.

Comment

you need to be on a twd roster to get added into twd games, so you would need to bypass that or start using different bots in these borrowed player games. there is no ideas for making twd more active other than more people returning to the game.

lol it doesnt change the fact that if you borrow a player your squad has 1 less person on, it kind of defeats the purpose of being on a squad. it sounds like you want to play go base in a twbd match... why not just go base?

Comment

lol it doesnt change the fact that if you borrow a player your squad has 1 less person on, it kind of defeats the purpose of being on a squad.
                1 TWD game takes how long? If we're talking BD's then 30 mins max is how long you are "out" a player. Unless he gets subbed. And like I said subbing people in/out would be so much easier this is basically a non issue. And again both sides would have to agree to using borrowed players. And as squad captain/Hitler you can tell your players to not agree to being borrowed right now/ever.

About 90% of time spent in TWD is not actually playing the game. The time is used to getting your players to beep and then trying to find someone to play against. How often do both of those things happen these days? How many times have you been trying to BD and you are missing 1-2 players or your opponent is?

sounds like you want to play go base in a twbd match... why not just go base?
                Because ?go base is almost like pub. And you can get random ppl capping it making horrible games. And you get people being afk/leaving/spamming/specialing and all sorts of stupid shit.

Can you not see the difference between a ?go base game and a TWBD with 1 to 4 borrowed players?

Comment

its the most feasible idea to improve twd activity ive seen so far. i think we can avoid the bot programming issues by just having a separate arena for these games to be played in. that would also separate these types of games from actual twd games.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    its the most feasible idea to improve twd activity ive seen so far. i think we can avoid the bot programming issues by just having a separate arena for these games to be played in. that would also separate these types of games from actual twd games.
                    Originally posted by trasher
                    Because ?go base is almost like pub. And you can get random ppl capping it making horrible games. And you get people being afk/leaving/spamming/specialing and all sorts of stupid shit.

Can you not see the difference between a ?go base game and a TWBD with 1 to 4 borrowed players?
                    yeah just startup base2 with staffs help and start adding players from your own squad. just make sure the one who caps it doesn't start adding "extras" before adding whatever number of people your squad has online. easy to organize a "semi-decent" basegame
                    Last edited by Jones; 03-27-2016, 06:04 PM.
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I wouldn't mind if there was incentive created to allow squads to borrow other players. I wouldn't mind if u have to pay to borrow these players. You earn your cash in pub (incentive to play pub) then donate it to squad... then comes a TWD match and certain players can be bought for certain amount per game. Better start working and playing pub! TBH it would require too much coding but o well.

Prob is with only selected people double squadding, people will prob say: "if he's allowed to double squad why can't i?" attitude.
                      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                        yeah just startup base2 with staffs help and start adding players from your own squad. just make sure the one who caps it doesn't start adding "extras" before adding whatever number of people your squad has online. easy to organize a "semi-decent" basegame
                        And I almost never see games like that. You would have to actually beep for a base game inside your squad, then find a staffer, then find a semi competent captain to vs and then hopefully he can get players as well. And they'd have to be good players and players who's egos won't start clashing mid game if they're doing badly. And then you have the ppl in spec whining why they aren't in.

And then all of that effort dissolves into nothing after 10-20 mins since ?go base is to 10 min. It's not as easy or efficient as you make it sound. No one bothers to go through all that effort.

With player "borrowing" in place everything would be controlled, organized and easy.

Nowadays you often see ppl trying to recruit 1 player so they can actually bd. With borrowing in place you can play if your squad has 5 and you won't need to go out looking for a mercenary player.

If TWL has stricter roster limits this year it will kill basing that much more. Getting 6 players online at the same time who are willing to play and aren't lagged or something is very very hard these days.

Would like to know why you personally are against it, not some half assed ?go base suggestions I always see posted on this forum which has never helped before. Do you people just want to let this game finally die for real without even TRYING anything? Why is it so bad to try something new? If not this then come up with something better. We have 3v3 dd/jd nowadays and like 0 Steam players made it into TWD. You have to play with what you've got, the game isn't going to get new players from somewhere magically. And if it actually DID get new players magically from somewhere, then we can go back to the old system. Problem?

Comment

Let's see now...why am I against it? I'm not, I can't code, I can't revamp an entire system that has been in-place for 14 years. Can you? Go ahead, I'm all for it.

I have suggested in the past that TW should expand upon the prac arenas (base, wbduel, javduel) and adopt a similar system that is in place in 4v4 (chaos zone). Where you can call !cap and be put in a queue and 4 randoms or 4 squaddies can play against 4 others. Now that we don't have such a system in place, we, as players need to take initiative and just try and start a game or idle in spec until someone logs on. I offered a different solution. Not the best, I admit.

I used to play in #mythrandir and was apart of many squadwars in #arenas. Those took some time start- thank developers we have bots these days. However, you can still get a game going without them. Do it or don't, I'm not your boss.

Also, I think you can set total flagtime required on certain bots in order to win.
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
                            We have 3v3 dd/jd nowadays and like 0 Steam players made it into TWD.
                            i agreed up to this point. we haven't actually launched on steam yet so this is an inaccurate statement.
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                              Let's see now...why am I against it? I'm not, I can't code, I can't revamp an entire system
                              Alright. Well yeah, it does rest on the shoulders of ppl who can actually do it. And sadly neither of us is one of them.

edit: Aside from coding, doing the actual work, zid's argument about squads is the only valid argument against this idea I've heard so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X