Peaked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaked?

I wake up in morning and have to remind myself i'm 30 now and not that 15 year old who downloaded the game years ago, As I get older I wonder am I finally getting worse? Reflexes are proven to start slowing from a age of 21, however how does experience, muscle memory and emotional stability counter this. A lot of players now are around the same age as me, how do you feel? Not as good as you used to be? Or just the same if not a little better? Warbird is heavy reflexed game do I need to look at other leagues?
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Im 25 at the moment, so i still dont feel much difference in terms of reflexes etc, but i do feel like im worse mechnically, but thats mostly due to lack of proper practice. I think experience and emotional stability trumps skill most of the time, so thats why most of the old players will still be able to perform when they want. There are alot of players that while not being that skilled, compensate that by being smart and outhinking more skilled opponents.

Personally my main issue is lack of motivation, especially in basing where i just go through the motions 80% of the games, and not on my best constantly like i used to.
    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

in 2008 i started playing this game on laptop while laying on a sofa and i think that made me worse than sitting in a chair with a computer desk and a crt monitor, i'm not saying i was better before that, there were just so many good players back then still.

the laptop is very good for subspace though. so i think the fact that after losing 4 years in a row to sk8/thunder and then finally winning LD (beat thunder 2-1 in semis) killed my desire, the will, the hunger to do what was necessary to drive myself forward. it's just a game I know but simply put, I achieved what I wanted and after that I stopped caring enough to put in the effort, practice, stay up late with squaddies and getting better. Of course Sweet did play in seasons afterwards but the attitude had gone from "WIN" to "just show up and shoot spaceships for fun".

ps. 1 obvious factor too is that I played a lot of warbird elims daily. I'm the kind of player that needs to play alot instead of logging on once every sunday to keep my edge. It was definitely also a part of my decline of consistently breaking even in DDs.
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
        Im 25 at the moment, so i still dont feel much difference in terms of reflexes etc, but i do feel like im worse mechnically, but thats mostly due to lack of proper practice. I think experience and emotional stability trumps skill most of the time, so thats why most of the old players will still be able to perform when they want. There are alot of players that while not being that skilled, compensate that by being smart and outhinking more skilled opponents.

Personally my main issue is lack of motivation, especially in basing where i just go through the motions 80% of the games, and not on my best constantly like i used to.
        100% this^

I haven't played this game religiously in some years, but the mental aspect never goes away once you know how to play. I use to be Roiwerk, talented with no medals. I won dueling league and LJ not to long ago, but I can safely say, I wasn't the most skilled player playing and wasn't the best I ever was. I think when I played on the name kicker back in 08ish, I was 22 and the best I ever was skill wise but didn't win anything due to being younger and more dumb. I took players head on, with no fear of dying. Perfect example...I was the sub, possible starter of the dice team that won that year, but quit because of losing a duel. I quit playing for a couple few years and came back and won many years up until now due to being a smarter player. I think the dangerous players are the old players like us, attacks, who can think their way to a win. Give us any amount of practice and will quickly spring back to the top.
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

It actually comes down to ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power and will, five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain, and a hundred percent reason to remember the name.
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
            back in 08ish
            Originally posted by Jones View Post
            in 2008
            Lol this year^

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
              I wake up in morning and have to remind myself i'm 30 now and not that 15 year old who downloaded the game years ago, As I get older I wonder am I finally getting worse? Reflexes are proven to start slowing from a age of 21
              2017-15=2002 / Attacks = 15 years Old

15yo + 6yrs= 21yo

2002+6=2008 ....

LOL I'm seeing a trend.............................

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

NO CREATURE NO VICTORY

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                  2017-15=2002 / Attacks = 15 years Old

15yo + 6yrs= 21yo

2002+6=2008 ....

LOL I'm seeing a trend.............................
                  is 21 the legal drinking age in uk too? i thought only the us was retarded
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Legal drinking age is 18 in the UK.

Yeah I started playing in 2001 when I was 15. I spent all my free time at the computer (avoiding shitty rl), playing ss, learning how to make websites (ended up being my career). I'd be full of sugar and totally focussed on winning everything, I really cared about finding new ways to play the game, and people were shit back then so there was huge room for improvement. I got involved in running the basing world cup, and helping with the new/current tw.org redesign.

Now, I'm 31, I work full time, and I play EVE Online too. SS is dead for the first half my evening, so I tend to get in a couple of games and then it's bed time. I don't care about squads, twd, twl, etc. at all. I like TWDT and TSL just because it provides a schedule, I know I can turn up at a certain time and get a game, without any waiting around. I'm definitely slower in terms of reaction times, and I'm not pumping myself full of sugar anymore, and I'm usually playing while tired. My eyesight is also much worse than it used to be, I often die to stuff I didn't even see. I used to put a lot of thought into games, trying to set up plays etc, but now I'm really just going through the motions and relying on my knowledge/memory/experience. I did learn to shark recently, which is something I'd never done before, so that's something. I'm also really impatient with people who still have the same internet connection they had in 2001. I also used to tailor my play heavily based on who the opponent was, I'd know everyone and their weaknesses, but some people are new and some are aliased, so I've lost a lot of that advantage over time.
                    Last edited by Rab; 06-23-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Started in 1998 when I was 40, so I was already old and slow. I’m 59 now but there are three things that have impacted me; eyesight is affected by the chemo, brain fog from the dialysis; and timing is affected by having to puke into a bucket on my lap as I play. But it’s not all bad; having my kidney and bladder removed means not having to jump up to go piss. LOL
                      Eph

Comment

When I first started in 2005, was like 17 yrs old and I was shit. Skip to today, im still shit and my marriage has gone downhill (too much time on this game, and less attention to her at night) this has caused her to have an affair with a woman and now im fked lol. Its cool if it was just a fling but she loves her and doesnt love me anymore. Wheres the rope when I need it.
                        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                          When I first started in 2005, was like 17 yrs old and I was shit. Skip to today, im still shit and my marriage has gone downhill (too much time on this game, and less attention to her at night) this has caused her to have an affair with a woman and now im fked lol. Its cool if it was just a fling but she loves her and doesnt love me anymore. Wheres the rope when I need it.
                          Your looking a the glass half empty. Why can't she love her and you?

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

cracked demo represent

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Wait until you turn 40........................... lol you suddenly find yourself 49th in TSLD ...

There is truth to the patience part though that others mentioned as a bonus skill u may gain.. I love flying around in circles making people mad and lose patience with me. Only 8 or so more years attacks and Paladen will be ready for you :P

JK lol u own.. if anything ur thinking too much and in a slump.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X