Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The game automatically exits before I play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game automatically exits before I play.

A little while back, the game started exiting as soon as I would try to enter a zone. I started to realize it would let me download a map, but after I downloaded it(this could be any map, I have tried multiple ones on multiple zones), it completely closed the game, would not even bring me back to the zone selection menu. It would just exit me out all the way. I would like to know if anyone may know how to fix this problem and what may have caused it? Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Lance; 04-20-2004, 09:10 PM. Reason: forgot "Game" in the subject

Well, I dont know how to fix it but i may be able to help in someway. Please tell us your computer and internet connection. Try closing everything before starting up continuum. Also make sure you are absolutly sure Subspace in installed correctly. :eek:

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

I have reinstalled and uninstalled so many times. I have deleted all the files manually. I have tried a decent amount of fixing it. My operating system is XP professional and my internet connection is Bellsouth DSL. I have tried so many things and it won't just work. I don't feel like reinstalling windows all over again just to play. Please help me figure out something.

Comment

Be sure that you have your resoulution set properly... Hmmm... I dont know what else the problem could be... :/ Sorry i couldnt help any more...

OH! are you using a router of somesort?
        Krazie_Killer

DoCk> I'm a wittle girl!
        I Knew it!

The joys of TWBeta ^_^
        2:Shas'la T'au Kais> .
        2:Krazie_Killer> .
        2:epor> .
        2:IcER> .
        2:H0blin G0blin> ..
        2:Shas'la T'au Kais> quit copying me.
        2:Krazie_Killer> damn it hoblin!
        2:epor> lol
        2:Krazie_Killer> you had to ruin it!

Comment

Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
          If you're using .38 try using the .39 prerelease. I had this same crash problem and .39 fixed it.
          ~E
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I have tried the pre-release tons of times and I have tried various resolutions. Still no answer to the problem. There has to be someone who has had this problem before?

Comment

This has nothing to do with your internet connection else you couldn't enter subspace at all, but I don't know why your continuum closes when you download an arena

srry I can't help
              help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Oh!!! Make sure that you have: C:\Program Files\Continuum\zones
                - This folder is where all of your maps and tilesets are saved. if you do not have this folder, i am assuming that the game doesnt have anywhere to save the map to.
                Last edited by Krazie _ Killer; 04-22-2004, 02:56 PM.
                Krazie_Killer

DoCk> I'm a wittle girl!
                I Knew it!

The joys of TWBeta ^_^
                2:Shas'la T'au Kais> .
                2:Krazie_Killer> .
                2:epor> .
                2:IcER> .
                2:H0blin G0blin> ..
                2:Shas'la T'au Kais> quit copying me.
                2:Krazie_Killer> damn it hoblin!
                2:epor> lol
                2:Krazie_Killer> you had to ruin it!

Comment

Make sure you are using Prerelease1. When I was installing Continuum on some other computers I couldn't enter Trench Wars without Pre1.... IE would pop up giving download links for the different versions.

edit: Also try deleting the continuum folder (backup anything you want; names, key def...) before reinstalling it.

Comment

Okay, I have reintalled and installed pre1 and 3.8 multiple times. Zones is there, for certain. I have tried deleting every file before, even without backing things up, just incase. Ironically it won't let me even uninstall with the uninstall file. No progress still.... thanks anyways... but still..... I NEED MY CONTINUUM!! Help :eek: >.<;;

Comment

The game for some reason can't write the trench3.lvl file to the harddrive.

This could be caused by having no harddrive space left, or being logged onto the computer as a user that can't edit/create new files. Maybe the trench3.lvl is already on the harddrive but somehow become write protected.

Do you have any firewalls or anything like that running?

Oh, here I uploaded all of my downloaded TW levels, if it helps:

http://angelfire.com/alt/stabwound/tw.rar

Just extract these into the Continuum/Zones/SSCU Trench Wars/ folder and you should be good... just a quick work around for now.
                      sdg

Comment

I have done that, did nothing to help me. I have no clue what is going on with continuum, I believe I might have the rarest bug in the game at this point. Because without doubt it isn't letting play no matter what I do, maybe it is something to do with my windows, but I can't imagine why.

Comment

Sigh, this is odd.

Okay I fixed it. And I want to thank everyone for trying to help. Appearently my clock on my computer was set to the year "2150" for some strange reason, this appearently confused my computer to the point of causing this to happen. It makes little sense but hey, I strange solution for a strange problem.

Comment

Hmm, i just set my comp to 2099 (The max I can get) and sure as anything, SS quits as soon as I enter a zone.

I am gonna do some experimenting to see what the date is that it can't work past.

EDIT: it works for 2037 but for nothing 2038 and after. (I'm not gonna bother checking months etc.)

~Ewan
                            Last edited by Ewan; 04-25-2004, 10:56 AM.
                            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                            ---A few minutes later---
                            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                            9:Kim> UM
                            9:Kim> i didn't
                            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

lol.. the game will crash for any date later than jan. 18, 2038.. hmm.. wonder if we will still be here then and what is so special about that day.. or is it the 19th that all ss servers go balistic..ha! enjoy lance

edit::1-18-38 @ 10:13PM
                              yahoo messenger and continuum will still work, anything after just totaly makes windows unstable.. hmm, gates' way of making us buy his new releses... i just wonder.
                              Last edited by mirroreimaj; 04-25-2004, 11:52 AM.
                              get on youre good foot

Celicity's page

Comment

Working...
                              X