Major Time Race issue that needs to be resolved before TWL starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Time Race issue that needs to be resolved before TWL starts

A few people have brought it up the issue before, but now it's pretty obvious what is wrong.

Issue: In Time Race base games, if you die as soon as you touch the flag, it will turn yellow for everyone on your team and yourself, but the bot will not notice it and will continue to give time to the other team while you are helpless to do anything about it. It will only go to the other team again after 1 or 2 minutes has passed and it rechecks the flag info or however that works.

It never used to be such a big issue before, because the server would still record the right number of points even if you lag died on the flag. But with these MatchBotR Time Race games, it is crucial that the bot knows exactly which team has the flag at ALL times.

This issue is so common that it happens in nearly every ?go base game. I just played a game where my team had the flag, and an enemy player Mitch (very laggy) died on the flag and we lost the base right after. While we were attempting to get into the flagroom again, we got over 1 1/2 minutes of flag time when we didn't even have the flag. The enemy team had the flag, and were gettings 200+ points a kill, but the bot still kept recording time for our flagless team.

Solution: The bot needs to check for the flag status a lot more often than it does now.

This is a major issue and TWL should not start until it is fixed.
    sdg

Hrm this could be a problem for twlb:P

Comment

Originally posted by Gemfire
      Hrm this could be a problem for twlb:P

You think?
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I know they are aware of the problem, and I beleive working on it.

Comment

You should e-mail them now that you've told everyone I'm sure a few squads will try to take advantage of it.
          carpe diem

Comment

This isn't really an exploitable bug; it is more likely that this happens to your team accidently and the opposing team gets the benefits. It is pretty hard to intentionally pull off, but it does happen from time to time unintentionally.
            sdg

Comment

it's pretty obvious who has the flag when you look at the points for a kill. . .

i've noticed a flag can be blue but be giving away points to your team, kinda the same as an invisible green if somebody is killed into it or portals or whatnot?

when in doubt, check the points and touch it again if u need.
              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
              Philos> there is something about you
              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

The problem is that you CAN'T touch it again. You have the flag, but the bot doesn't know it. If you touch it when it's yellow it doesn't do anything.
                sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                  The problem is that you CAN'T touch it again. You have the flag, but the bot doesn't know it. If you touch it when it's yellow it doesn't do anything.
                  eaxctly and if you do touch it, it makes it take longer to turn blue (appears that way anyways.)
                  There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

There's a thread on the TWD forum about it.

And for clarification, the person dying, doesn't actually touch the flag, they die and their momentum takes them onto the flag, the rest o' their team sees it as a flag touch. Then one of them does something stupid and touched the flag again (before it resets), so it becomes juped for the entire team.

As to it being exploitable or not. It is. It definately is. I do it quite a bit when I'm sharking. If our terr dies, I mine the flag and hope some idiot on the other side rams it. In fact I've won games doing that in ?go base. Can't remember the specifics but each side need ~5secs to win, our terr got killed, I mined the flag, idiot spider on the other side decided getting the flag was top priority, juped the flag, and we walked away with the win.

As far as fixing it goes, my opinion is this. If your team is stupid enough to jupe the flag at a crucial time by ramming mines near the flag, then you anything you get. It's akin to having it fixed so people detaching from the terr and hitting mines don't kill the terr.

Cheers,

leroy.

Comment

Then that isn't the entirety of the issue. I played a game (against a-s, I beleive) where we cleared flagroom and I took the flag without dying. About 5 seconds later, a-s won the game.

Comment

Its being worked on, it will be be fixed.
                        Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

I remember this game... Camisade vs. Disoblige...and suddenly the flag turn blue in the last minute while Diso wasn't even IN the flagroom and that cost us (Camisade) the game. Pretty funny
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
                            I remember this game... Camisade vs. Disoblige...and suddenly the flag turn blue in the last minute while Diso wasn't even IN the flagroom and that cost us (Camisade) the game. Pretty funny
                            that was me, you couldnt see me i was in weasal
                            There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                              Then that isn't the entirety of the issue. I played a game (against a-s, I beleive) where we cleared flagroom and I took the flag without dying. About 5 seconds later, a-s won the game.
                              Then you were the one that juped it. Probably someone rammed onto the flag already.
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                              X