Sorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorrow

I know this may not be the best place to do this but it's late at night and I need someone to confide in. I know that there are some jerks around but most people on the forums are decent enough so I'm going to tell my story.

When I was six years old my family decided to get a pet. After much debate we decided that the most suitable animal would be a cat so we went searching. It didn't take long and we found one of our neighbours had a cat who recently had a litter of kittens. I believe that there were 4 kittens in total; 2 black, 1 orange, and 1 white with grey spots and a grey tail. My mom, sister and myself all liked the orange one but we were told that it had already been spoken for, then we picked one of the black ones but that one was taken too. So we settled with the white one with grey spots and a grey tail. To tell the truth I was disappointed that we didn't get the kitten that we wanted however we took this one home and named it "Pepper" on account of his grey spots. It didn't take long and Pepper started growing on me and I on him and soon enough we became the best of friends. I was the one to take care of him, brushing, feeding, changing the litter, you name it and I did it. As the years went by Pepper and I became more and more attached as we grew up together. We were always there for each other, when I was upset he understood and was there for me and when he wasn't doing too well I was right there for him. In fact one time when I separated my shoulder and my arm was in a sling I was laying on my bed and he jumped up beside me and started touching my shoulder very lightly at first and gradually he put more pressure on it. Finally I cringed and he stopped right away but he didn't just jump down and leave me, he started licking my shoulder trying to help it get better, that's how smart and compassionate he was.

Well I'm 20 years old now and yesterday I had to make the toughest and most devestating decision of my life and that was to end Pepper's. He became very sick and within two days it was apparent that he wasn't going to last much longer and would only suffer for his remaining days. So I, and I alone because he was my cat had to make the final decision to put him down. I never realized just how much I loved him until now and words can't even describe the sorrow that I'm going through right now.

He was my best friend through the majority of my life and now he is gone, but now there is no doubt in my mind that I got the pick of the litter that white cat with grey spots and a grey tail.

"Goodbye my dear friend, may you rest in peace. You will live on in my heart and memories for all of time"

Thank you form the bottom of my heart for all of those who took the time to read my story.

-Adamant
    Last edited by Adamant; 06-02-2004, 05:43 AM.

Wow, it still lived 14 decent years.

I'm not a great fan of cats but Pepper sounded cool.

Comment

great story... I had a cat who had to be put down last year... she shredded my homework for me once. She was one of those eccentric old cats that sits in random places and watches you... and turns up where you least expect it.
      Cats rule. Sad to see 'em go.

Originally posted by Disliked
      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Yeah, know exactly how it feels.
        That's why i don't want another pet of my own.

Comment

I am very sorry, I understand how you feel right now.

Comment

Im very sorry Adamant.

My cat showed up one day, after falling in the hot tub we had to keep it. We dont know how old it is. Its been here four years, and I'll be crushed when it dies.

Comment

You should probably go ahead and kill yourself. Sometimes pets die because their owners are horrible people.

Comment

When my grandfather was dying, my father promised to look after his dog. The dog was about 8 years back then, so my father thought it would only live only a few years more and agreed on it.
                He really hated the dog, and the dog was really stupid and lame (our boxers were/are cool though) and it lived to be 19 years hahahaha we had it put down this winter because it was blind and kept ramming it's head into things untill it stopped walking.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I'm not impressed by cats unless they only have 3 legs and can still jump a fence.

sorry you lost your buddy though.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Yea, I swear that when it comes to pets, our family is cursed.

Last July, we got two new kittens. A few weeks later, mine was hit by a car. So, we got two new kittens to replace it. A few weeks after that, one of my dogs killed one of the kittens. We thought it was our nice dog, not the weird one, that killed the the cat, because it was the natural hunter. So we basically ignored that dog for a week, even though she was the best dog ever. So exactly a week later, I'm at the mall shopping with my friends and I get a call, finding out that that dog was hit by a car as well. I cried for weeks because I had been ignoring her for so long, and then we found out it was the weird dog who killed the cat, after she tried to kill my new cat. Last month, one of my other cats got hit by a car. About 2 weeks later, my really old kitty (who came to us a stray, pregnant, had kittens, all of whom are dead, had kittens again, and they're all dead from age too, so she's pretty old) had a stroke and lost control of her back legs. She dragged herself around for a week until we finally made the decision to put her down. So then last week, I was petting my other kitty (last July we had 6, we have 3 atm, 4 have died) and I thought her eye looked funny. I just dimissed the thought, until it got really bad. So we take her to the vet finally, because her eye is all pussy and red and swollen to the size of a roma tomato bulging out of her head... and found out she has glucemia (sp?) and is completely blind.

Agree that our family is cursed when it comes to pets? Funny thing is that none of our chickens have died, when they're the stupidest thing we own.
                    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                    1:Chao <ER>> at all
                    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                    Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                      Agree that our family is cursed when it comes to pets? Funny thing is that none of our chickens have died, when they're the stupidest thing we own.
                      Have they been somewhere safe, like inside a structure?

Comment

I've had to part with many pets also, so I know how you feel.

I had a mix mutt puppy with a white stripe from the tip of its nose to its tail, I named him stripe. After about 5 years of having him, my dad moved back to the city forcing him out of his country home. He had to give stripe to a good friend and I no longer saw him.

Second pets I had were three ferrets, although really stinky I got attached to these little guys. Watching the three of them, miny, willow (albino) and the last ones name has slipped my mind. Anyways, watching these guys play was fun, they'd jump up in the air and dance around. They always loved to lick your face and mine liked to be helicopptered (spun) lol onto the waterbed. They always came back for more and kept jumping around and prancing. After my dad had moved once again into an appartment we had to give them away.

As for the last pets I lost were kesi and kasey, kesi was the male that came from my grandparents full breed dashound shorthaired's. Kasey was from another litter and was the female. My dad ended up moving to mich. and taking these two also.

Those are the main pets I've had to part with, its always a bummer when you can't see them anymore. But its good knowing they all are in good hands, as I'm sure pepper is too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitron
                          Have they been somewhere safe, like inside a structure?
                          Yes, all except the cats. We kind of figure that having a village with a population of less than 50, with our house an acre back from the road, and 25 acres of our open unfarmed field and even more farmed area and woods that they would be pretty safe. Guess not.
                          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                          1:Chao <ER>> at all
                          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Thank You

Thank you for all of those people that replied with some words of encouragement. I really do appreciate it that you took the time to cheer me up a little. Some of your stories are also as upsetting as mine and you have my sympathies with you as well.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X