Euro2004 Competition!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro2004 Competition!!!

Alright, so with the Euro 2004 coming up (European Football Championship 2004 - americans can stop reading already) fucking up our league play for us europeans, I was thinking why can't we SS players still try to have some fun together even tho we are gonna miss every TWL game for the next 3 weeks watching all the games. This is the hottest sport event of the year (olympics included) and I don't think there has ever been as many teams predicted to win as we have this year.

I came up with the idea earlier when I was in SS, seeing how many different and funny predictions there were, so why not make a cool thing out of it? How about if I somehow come up with a small prediction game or "Euro 2004 betting" (no real money tho of course :z).

Here is what I am thinking, but I will only do it if there is enough interest, so please spread the word :x

You are going to guess the exact result of every game. Better predictions get better points! This is the scoring system:
    4 points: You guessed the exact correct result.
    1 point: You guessed the correct winner/lose/draw result according to your prediction, but didn't get the correct score.

Example:
    Real result: England 5 - France 2
    Wah predicts: 3-0 (1 point.. he predicted England to win.. they did.. but by a different scoreline)
    X Machine predicts: 5-2 (4 points since you can't predict any better than that)
    Mantra predicts: 3-3 (0 points of course)

You are also gonna guess every group winner earning you an extra 3 points for each correct one.

After that we move on to predicting the quarterfinal teams, giving you another 3 points for every correct one. After that you predict the semifinal teams giving you another 3 points for every correct one and then finally you get 5 points if you guess who take the silver and 7 points if you are l33t enough to guess who wins the whole tournament! To spice it up I added another 5 point if you say who will be the top goalscorer of the tournament and who will be most booked (1 red = 3 yellow)

The participating players will get an update every day on how good they and their competitors are doing in the comptetition... Spread the word people, the more the marrier!!! This could get really fun

You play by simply going to this site:
    http://membres.lycos.fr/wilhelmer/ec2004/bet.php

The deadline for sending in your predictions will be saturday 16:00 CET!

Special thanks to X machine No one can kill me and Schnares.
    Last edited by Mantra-Slider; 06-09-2004, 08:11 PM.
    Originally posted by Tyson
    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
    Originally posted by HeavenSent
    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
    Originally posted by Izor
    Women should never be working in the first place.

Short summary of the point system:

Correct exact result - 3 points
    Correct win/lose/draw prediction - 1 point

Correct group winner - 3 points
    Correct quarterfinal teams - 3 points (for each quarterfinal)
    Correct semifinal teams - 3 points (for each semifinal)
    Correct silver medal - 5 points
    Correct EC champion - 7 points

Correct top scorer: 5 points
    Correct most booked: 5 points

Comment

OMG THIS IS THE BESTEST THING EVER TO HAPPEN TO SUBSPACE. THANKS MANTRA & co. FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE FOR ALL US FOOTIE-ADDICTED EUROPEANS. :]

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
        Alright, so with the Euro 2004 coming up (European Football Championship 2004 - americans can stop reading already) fucking up our league play for us europeans.

I have to fucking Agree on that one Mate !!!!! Europeans only if the americans know wot this is maybe they can try an play :P :up:

Comment

Damn Dirty Apes

Fucking dirty ass Euros. Watch this shit not even get up cuz u guys smell like shit and cant shave your daughter's armpit hairs. I will be making up a euro name for this and using www.freetranslation.com to be faking my pro ass into this

Do u need a name for it? Cuz if not then ^ might not make sense
          lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
          1:sleuth> sup
          1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
          1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
          1:sleuth> ?
          1:revolt> rofl
          1:revolt> ur so bad
          1:Golden_Aim> LOL
          1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
          1:sleuth> i dont get it
          1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

im gonna add this to the British forums $$$$

Comment

Portugal wins , gj.
              Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
              Your friend,
              ​​Papi
              ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by genes
                Fucking dirty ass Euros. Watch this shit not even get up cuz u guys smell like shit and cant shave your daughter's armpit hairs. I will be making up a euro name for this and using www.freetranslation.com to be faking my pro ass into this

Do u need a name for it? Cuz if not then ^ might not make sense
                I put your post through www.freetranslation.com and it still makes no sense

Edit: Nice work Mantra et al by the way.
                Last edited by GoldenPlums; 06-09-2004, 11:11 PM.

Comment

We'll win easy. P O R T U G A L !!
                  1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                  1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                  1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                  1:Vitja> afk
                  1:Underground> haha vit
                  1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

i believe i was supposed to stop reading like way in the beginning.. but... how does yall's football work? i saw like england vs france 5-3. Do they score only one pt for a touchdown? o.o
                    DarkAcid05> BLAH!!!
                    Xog> Ok dracula calm down.

Kakka> deary i have a question for ya
                    DeArEsT> ???
                    Kakka> if i were a squirrel
                    Kakka> and you were a tree
                    Kakka> would you let me bust a nut in your hole?
                    DeArEsT> ........
                    Jr5> ROFL!!
                    Foobarz> mmmm hmm...

Comment

The scoring is very simple: they score half point every time a player runs around two poles (4 times around each pole in zig zag fashion) without the ball taken from him. They also score a half point addition for a succesfull full field run without loss of posession of ball or interruption. A ref may award a quarter of a point to any player on any team if he thinks he has been tackled in a unsportmanship manner. He will also deal warnings to those making fouls, two warnings is one yellow card, then two again is a orange card, two more red card and after that if he commits one more foul a player could be given black card which after wich he will have to pay a fine and will be susspended for the reminder of the week (in some severe cases even a month). A conversion of half point which if taken from opposing team is made when a player has made a succesfull run from half-field without being touched by opposing team and without touching ball more than 3 times. In that case the ref will award half point to them, but will also take away half point from the other team, unless that other team has zero points in which case they actually earn 1 point while the team making the run will get half point. Very tricky part of the game, and only attempted rarely by even highest of pros is trying to get ball to bounce of one poll into the other, which is awarded with 2 points. If a player runs in from a left or right side and scores, he's awarded quarter of a point while coming in from centerfield and scoring is worth half point. Unless, if coming in from either side, and the ball is passed among half team (5 outfield players) without players on opposing team touching the ball, then that scoring is worth quarter of a point for each pass made (that's one of the highest skills in football, and in one game I think in 1968, England v Romania, english scored record 6 points in that one run completing the 24 passes).
                      I hope this clears some of the issues with football and you get to enjoy Euro 2004 more. Cheers.
                      Originally posted by Disliked
                      However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                      when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

rofl crv

GJ on the tournament thingie (go diso!)
                        1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                        1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                        1: cundor> dude
                        1: cundor> i already told my parents
                        1: Desperate> LOL
                        1: Cremation> HAHA
                        1: bram> :)
                        1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

This sounds like fun

Going to be hard to predict the semis at this stage lol

Look at the world cup when France were favourites and failed horriblely in their group games , i reckon everone would have got no points if they had tried to predicted the results for those games.

I got the feeling i ain't going to get many points and also for reasons stated in the usless crap forum (Top Euro2004 Scorer Rooney? and my thumbs!) Wanye Rooney better not be top Scorer!

But hey its just for fun
                          In my world,
                          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Stickied
                            Greets,
                            Roger

Comment

I can't even escape the soccer madness on the TW forums
                              This shit blows man, I'm positively the only dutch person that absolutely detests soccer...
                              These are sad times for me.
                              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
                              X