This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongfully Banned

i was playing baseelim on my newest name, Cracker, when i was pmed by Diakka <ER> to get off the name. i told him cracker was a legit name in TW, i even asked a mod before i logged into tw with the name, he said it was fine because it's not considered racist in tw or on obscene. even after i told diakka this he continued to harass me and told me i had 10 secs to log off or he'd ban me. i didn't log off because i knew i had done nothing wrong and after about another min i get a warning from WPE <ER> telling me to get off the name and that cracker was considered racist in TW. i told WPE that cracker was a food and to even look it up in the dictionary if he didn't believe me, a few secs later i was banned. here is the log of what happened:

Log file open: cracker

P Diakka <ER> Get off the name
    P Cracker> ?
    P Diakka <ER> Get off this name, people find it offenseive, please get off it
    * MODERATOR WARNING: get off the name Cracker -Diakka <ER>
    P Cracker> cracker is a legit name
    P Diakka <ER> Not in this zone
    P Cracker> yes it is
    P Diakka <ER> get off it or be banned
    P Diakka <ER> you have 10 second
    P Cracker> otherwise i wouldn't be able to log into tw on it
    P Diakka <ER> 5
    P Diakka <ER> bye
    P Diakka <ER> if you were smart you would get off the name
    * MODERATOR WARNING: Racism is not tolerated in Trench Wars. The name cracker is a racist term. If you do not remove it you will be banned. -WPE <ER>
    P Cracker> cracker is not racist, it's a food.
    P Cracker> if it were a racist name it would be banned in tw and i wouldn't be able to enter zone with it
    P WPE <ER>> I will not argue with you. It is the white version of the N word
    P Cracker> no it's a food.
    P Cracker> you are wrong
    P Cracker> look up cracker in the dictionary
    WARNING: Disconnected from server

i did nothing wrong and was playing belim when i was harassed by these shit staffers. i was minding my own business & not once did i use the word cracker in a derogatory way. if the name was illegal i wouldn't even be able to log into TW with it, like the N word & other racist names that are blocked from the TW server. staff always blows things out of proportion, so let's not overlook what the word cracker really is, a tasty thin crisp treat

unban me thx
    Siege TWLD Season 3 & 4
    Light TWLB Season 5
    Syndicate TWLD & TWLJ Season 7
    Syndicate TWLJ Season 9

Free Fbz!

This is preposterous! Cracker's main meaning is just a type of food, why would he get banned for having the name of a food. It's not like he went into baseelim and starting respresenting his name to be racist by making certain remarks about it, he just played the game and minded his own buisness. I don't see why anyone would get banned for using a legit name (see dictionary if you don't believe me) in a non-offensive way. This is obvious paranoia on staff's part, taking a normal everyday word and trying to turn it into a big thing involving racism. N***** is more understandable for being banned, because you can't use that word in anyway without it resembling the actual meaning of the word, but cracker on the otherhand, its a food, thats its main meaning! Staff should start thinking before making such drastic decisions without good reason. Fbz should be unbanned immediatly for this undeserved ban. This is preposterous!
    Last edited by demonfaze; 06-18-2004, 12:25 AM.

Comment

let us now apply the can opener to the can of worms

or in this case...open the can with dynomite
      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I'm sorry, but Crackers taste good. If you don't like them you should ban ppl for liking them :/.

Watch out Wadi's probably comin soon. He's gonna close this shizzle.
        DELETED

Comment

Old rules like the "no racism rule" need to be updated and enforced sometimes. I think it should just be blocked, a ban for this is kinda of hard to justify, not that TW staff has to take the moral high ground. It's not TW's fault if SSC decided not to block the name.
          Last edited by Kolar; 06-18-2004, 12:17 AM.

Comment

i agree with fbz. nothing wrong with the name cracker.
            LA

Comment

Did Diakka strike again?

*LOL*

Did he also use the the fake warn on his PM?

HAHAH!!

That shit made me laugh last night.

The kid doesn't even have mod powers, yet he thinks he owns everyone's life. A little kid like that doesn't have the right judgment to make those kind of calls. Let him grow up a little first.

Comment

Crackers are delicious.
                Diakka, if your mom was gonna serve you some crackers with your afternoon snack, would you ban her for racism too?
                Free fireballz!!!

Comment

Cracker is fine. If he can log into it then there really isn't an issue. When I think "Cracker" I think just that, salted crackers to eat. If you think automatically cracker as a white person, you've got some issues to deal with.

As far as it being the "white version of the N word" it's completly isn't. If i said the "n word" on it's own, it only has one singular meaning, cracker has more than one. It's crappy slang anyways, you're telling me if i got everybody to start using the name wheat as slang for somethign raicst, that if i ever used wheat i'd be banned? Pfft.
                  The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                  All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                    Cracker is fine. If he can log into it then there really isn't an issue. When I think "Cracker" I think just that, salted crackers to eat. If you think automatically cracker as a white person, you've got some issues to deal with.
                    yup
                    DELETED

Comment

if you say cracker i think of the food, say cracka i think of the deragatory comment...and maybe its just me...but does any other white person find that word at all offensive? I dont o_O

Comment

That's so gay no idea why you were banned
                        FREE FBZ!!
                        AKA Shaun
                        ----------------------

Comment

Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Cracker
                          That is what I'd truly like to be
                          cause if I were an Oscar Mayer Cracker
                          Everyone would be in love with me.

Comment

Complete and utter bullshit.
                            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                            i just wish it was longer
                            Originally posted by Cops
                            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Read the forum FAQ before you post please.

Topic Closed

Comment

Working...
                              X