Reporting Packetloss / Latency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting Packetloss / Latency

Note: Since this thread is a sticky thread, do NOT post content unrelated to the issue at hand. Unrelated posts will be deleted.

If you're having trouble with packetloss or latency in Trench Wars, I want to know about it.

Send an email to dock@twsites.com containing the following.

The subject header must include the words "LAG REPORT" so it can be automatically filed with the rest of the lag reports.

The body of the email must contain the following:

1) Your IP address

Visit www.whatismyip.com and report the series of numbers there.

2) The name of your internet service provider

3) Date/Time(s) of occurance(s)

4) Latency/Packetloss statistics

Use ?lag after being in game for at least 10 minutes, and record everything it says there.

5) Trace/Pathping results.

In the continuum main menu, before you enter the game, go to the View menu and select Trace. Run this test for at least 100 cycles. Bear in mind that the more cycles you allow for, the more accurate the result will be. Once you have reached the desired number of cycles, click export. Save the file somewhere and include the contents in the email.

If/when the problem goes away, send me another email with the time/date it went away. I may or may not respond to your emails, depending on how much time I have, but I will collect the data I receive and take appropriate action if possible.
    Last edited by DoCk>; 11-23-2004, 02:48 PM.
    TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
    qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
    3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Looks like somebody is planning to do some server upgrading?
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Aww, dock, I didn't know you cared :P
      (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Ive been having lots of ploss problems, ill drop u an email with the details dock.

Does it matter if we are from another country besides america?

Comment

Please fix my 280+ ping

moving the server to Sydney would be a good start

Comment

Originally posted by DoCk>
            5) Trace/Pathping results.
            My trace hasn't worked for about 6 months.
            sage

Comment

Many people experience lag with Windows 2000 / XP, atleast in my area.
              I had to install w98 with dualboot to play lagfree. Its not the ping, its the huge packetloss. I think this issue has been brought up before, but not taken care of since nobody really knows what the problem is.
              Underpants gives us great advices:

Underground> Dont die
              Underground> And you win!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                My trace hasn't worked for about 6 months.
                Likely means a firewall somewhere is blocking icmp...
                qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P

Comment

Originally posted by Variable
                  Many people experience lag with Windows 2000 / XP, atleast in my area.
                  I had to install w98 with dualboot to play lagfree. Its not the ping, its the huge packetloss. I think this issue has been brought up before, but not taken care of since nobody really knows what the problem is.
                  That doesn't make much sense, I've run 2000/XP with no problems for years, it must be something else...

Comment

That doesn't make much sense, I've run 2000/XP with no problems for years, it must be something else...
                    Heh, thats what everyone say.. until they see it with their own eyes.
                    It's really a mystery, but its plain true. I even called my isp several times a few years ago but they didnt even have a clue.
                    Hannes has the same problem, so does anzu and some more i dont remember.
                    I think noah had it too and he lives in norway but we in finland and the same area.
                    Underpants gives us great advices:

Underground> Dont die
                    Underground> And you win!

Comment

Likely means a firewall somewhere is blocking icmp...
                      What is icmp, is there a port number I can just open up for it?
                      sage

Comment

Originally posted by Variable
                        Heh, thats what everyone say.. until they see it with their own eyes.
                        It's really a mystery, but its plain true. I even called my isp several times a few years ago but they didnt even have a clue.
                        Hannes has the same problem, so does anzu and some more i dont remember.
                        I think noah had it too and he lives in norway but we in finland and the same area.
                        I have it too god dammit!

Packetloss is around 7% all the time NOW, about a month ago I had 14% s2c.

Oh the life
                        The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

recently there have been some server diconnections for me. no one seems to remember them for some reason, so i don't know if they happened for everyone. i usually have server to computer, about 1.4%. this is odd because i have broadband cable internet, and it used to be 0.1%. its not much of a big problem, just sometimes it makes ships' movement rough.
                          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Ya, my lags gotten really bad... Its actully the Ploss I thought it was spyware or something but after I downlaoded 3 different programs I figured out it was your server. Right now I'm on diff comp but when I get home I'll send ya my specs. Ty.
                            -Bubbles
                            Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                            Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Dock> i always get a high ping about 800-2590ms is there anything that i can do about it?
                              Originally posted by Kolar
                              My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                              ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Working...
                              X