Computer and SS problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer and SS problems

Ok, everytime I reboot this (brand new) computer, I get this error after about 10-15 seconds:

Next, I have a problem with this: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...477#post282477

Finally, if I don't click any tabs in SS, I can play the game fine. however, if I esc+q, my computer reboots itself.

Help! :/
    Last edited by NaiLed; 12-06-2004, 05:05 PM.

First check out the log to which the error message refers.

Second, in the control panel go to System (icon) > Advanced (tab) > Startup and Restart: Settings (button) > Uncheck 'on error reboot automatically'.
    Instead of restarting the system when you quit subspace, you should get an error messages, which could contain additional information.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

its microsoft trying to tell u to go back to IE.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

This is the error from after esc+q'ing from SS:
        A problem had been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Dsable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Steup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x9CFE0240, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x08051EC1C)

Beginning dump of physical memory
        Physical memory dump complete
        Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
        Report from error at startup:
        Error signature:
        BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 9CFE0240 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
        BCP4 : 8051EC1C OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

The following files will be cinluded in the error report:
        C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER93de.dir00\M ini120604-04.dmp
        C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER93de.dir00\s ysdata.xml

Comment

Well that sucks.

An IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL / STOP: 0x0000000A error signifies an illigal memory operation (read operation in this case) that can be caused by virtually anything. Be it corrupt drivers, a piece of software attempting an illigal memory operation or even by a faulty or unsupported hardware component.

You can start by checking for any known hardware issues in the device manager (indicated by an exclamation mark) and the windows event log. If there aren't any known hardware issues, try disabling any virusscanning software and see if the problem persists. If that's a no go, try reinstalling the drivers (best bet would be chipset and videocard drivers).

There are some BIOS settings (antivirus, shadowing, PnP'etc.) that can be of influence, but if you're not sure about what you should be looking for, don't start poking around in there.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I think Nailed should start hiring you full time for his computer problems, FA.

Comment

I got a problem like this. I can get into a zone fine but the second I leave my internet just dies. I have to reboot. Doesn't work with any other program.
              1:Sumpson> SSC wants to be facist

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
              Corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                I think Nailed should start hiring you full time for his computer problems, FA.
                FA is a lifesaver.

Thanks a lot for your help, FA, I really, really appreciate it

So anyway, this bluescreen could possibly have soemthing to do with my gfx card drivers. Before I updated them, I used to get inverted colours in SS, but I was able to esq+q without any error. Now, the colours are fixed but I do get the error. When I get home I'll try uninstalling them and see what happens, run SS and see

I'm guessing both errors are linked. Should I delete the files that were included in the error report?
                Last edited by NaiLed; 12-07-2004, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nailed
                  C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER93de.dir00\M ini120604-04.dmp
                  C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER93de.dir00\s ysdata.xml
                  I don't see any problem in deleting them... they're in a temp folder so i'm guessing they'll just get recreated by whatever made them when the program that made them is used again... wow i just made no sense at all...

Also is HP_OWNER a folder linked with a hewellet and Packard printer/scanner i've heard many problems involving those.

And you're right they probably are linked.... If i was you... I'd set up my old computer again and use that exclusively for SS :grin: :wub:
                  STARKITTY
                  A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

From what I've been able to find it's referring to nVidia video card drivers. So it seems like your on the right track.
                    Ronin

Comment

brilliant! I uninstalled my gfx card drivers then reinstalled them freshly. Everyone works fine now; continuum, and no error at startup.

thanks guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty
                        I don't see any problem in deleting them... they're in a temp folder so i'm guessing they'll just get recreated by whatever made them when the program that made them is used again... wow i just made no sense at all...

Also is HP_OWNER a folder linked with a hewellet and Packard printer/scanner i've heard many problems involving those.

And you're right they probably are linked.... If i was you... I'd set up my old computer again and use that exclusively for SS :grin: :wub:
                        HP_Owner is the name of the user (we all share the same user) and it's the default name if you don't enter your own. I do have a HP printer/scanner combo though, but that works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindmonkey21
                          I got a problem like this. I can get into a zone fine but the second I leave my internet just dies. I have to reboot. Doesn't work with any other program.
                          FA cmon save my life
                          1:Sumpson> SSC wants to be facist

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
                          Corporation.

Comment

k, i was getting this problem again but Nimbo recomened that i got a previous version of the drivers. it works, so if anyone else is getting the same problem, try that

Comment

Working...
                            X