Flagjupes in twbd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flagjupes in twbd

Lately (i think since they updated matchbots) I've noticed some longer-than-normal lasting flagjupes. The first one was in a bd, a-s versus venom I think it was when one of the teams only needed 8 seconds, and got flag, the time kept going to the other squad. A minute later matchbot crashed. The second time was in ?go base, just yesterday I think, and lasted for about two minutes. Then the last one was in a bd, Juice versus disoblige. I don't think alot of people noticed it but it got disoblige the fr cause our terr was confused. I typed ?cheater flagjupe in a hurry, but when the response came that flagjupes arnt illegal in tw and when i realised I should've had typed ?help, the jupe was over because diso had the flag. Disoblige won the match fair and square, but it's not a good thing to see flagjupes in twbd or ?go base, there might be some bug in the matchbots.

I didn't check if there were other threads about this on other forums, but this looked the most suitable forum to post this.
    Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

How these flagjupes happens? ( and what exactly it is? is it when different ppl see diferent flag owner?)
    Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Please not again...

and they can't last longer than the server's flagowner checks. Wich I think is set to a minute. (maybe they didn't notice the flag was blue and didn't claim it)
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

And what you should read if you don't know what a flagjupe is: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...highlight=jupe
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

a jupe mostly happen when someone dies exactly at the same moment that they take flag, by lag
          Code:
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
          1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
          1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
          1:lnx> kk
          1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

OR 2 sharks (1 from each team) rubbing on top of the flag for a certain amount of time....
            AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

In the past few days I've seen ones for ?go base run for more than a few seconds and one went beyond a minute before the bot picked up on it.

A Flag Jupe is when the bot does not pick up on the flag change off in a basing game due to whatever reason; lag or client-server limitations. Time then will accumulate for the opposing team or the team which physically does not hold the flag. This has always been known problem even before we went over to time race.

Comment

well i don't know how long the two others exaclty lasted but the one in a-s vs venom, i'm sure it lasted more than a minute

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

In the TWL8 rules thread, Pure_Luck said "We have a solution that will fix the flag jupe for the most part." I have no idea what that is, but I don't think it's implemented yet, whatever it is.
                  sdg

Comment

I'm not sure about this but isn't it so that the flagjupe can take MAX 1 minute, but it can also take less time, so statistically it should be about 30 seconds, with some over and some under.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

yea, we had a flag jupe in our favor that lasted almost 3 minutes in a game vs PALLIES. We lost that match btw.
                      1:Necromotic> i didnt call you newbie
                      1:Machine of God> necro just did
                      1:Necromotic> i called you a piece of shit

Comment

It happened again, in our match versus venom yesterday. This time it was in our favour, and it cost venom the match. They only needed 8 seconds when they took FR. I don't know how it exactly happened, but someone (I think apt in terr) died on the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                          In the TWL8 rules thread, Pure_Luck said "We have a solution that will fix the flag jupe for the most part." I have no idea what that is, but I don't think it's implemented yet, whatever it is.
                          http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...0&postcount=47

And indeed that hasnt been changed yet to my knowledge.
                          Greets,
                          Roger

Comment

Working...
                          X