Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have anything to add to the tech support/tricks "guide"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have anything to add to the tech support/tricks "guide"?

If you haven't seen it yet, I made a big post in this Tech Support forum with a ton of ways to fix different Continuum-related problems. I was wondering if anything had anything in mind that could be added to it? There's probably something that slipped my mind. I know there are some other minor tricks etc, but some of them don't seem to be worth writing up a new post for them.

Reply here if you have anything decent to add and if it's good enough (and decent enough) I'll add it to the thread and give you credit.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=15791
    sdg

framerate problem

A small thing that you might want to add to the framerate problem: Playing in windowed mode raises my fps anywhere from 20-40 frames. Everyone I have talked to has said the same thing, that playing windowed mode does increase their fps. Thanks for your hard work stab
    ~Peace_Maker~

Comment

Playing continuum from school network

As far as I've seen, this hasn't been mentioned for those connecting from school (this works at my school, so maybe also at yours) :

For those connecting from a school computer which is linked to a network, here's what you should do to get it to work :

1. Download the installer into your user folder

2. Open the installer and install it into the C:\Program Files (default), if you get an error message saying 'Cannot write onto C:\drive... for some stupid reason' either try restarting your computer or use another one

3. If your school has a good firewall, and the zones display red, try either re-downloading the zones or shutting down the firewall through the bottom left icon, through start menu (find program) or through ctrl+alt+delete (if this works for you)

4. Create a profile or connect using your home profile and play the game! If it still won't work, see #5

5. Here's what might have happened
      -Your profile already exists and your school computer won't tell you
      -All of the zones went dead and you've been kicked out (#6)
      -You enter, but the screen loads fuzzy black and never connects or quits (#7)

6. Here's the most common reason : Your school network normally checks every 30 minutes all of the user accounts and resets the C:\ drive, in this case, just re-install continuum

7. This happens a lot, but there is a solution. When making your user profile, make the screen resolution 512 x 384 x 8 (smallest), enter all the zones you want to play and exit. Finally, just make your screen resolution to your default (or what you're used to playing with)

And voilà! Fun fact : make sure when playing continuum/subspace at school that your teacher doesn't see it. (use alt+tab to switch window)

^-^ -Hakaku
      Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
      -Buddha

Comment

No guide is complete without "42"

:sorcerer:
        boo...:eek:

Comment

Those steps assume that you have enough privileges to install applications, which you should not have in any semi-decent setup. Also, shutting down any personal software firewalls will have no effect on network firewalls.

Comment

Well, it depends on the network. But #7 is most important since it happens on my school network. :mellow: and # 6 is worth a mention ~_~
            Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
            -Buddha

Comment

Lol #7 happens on all my friends computers and I didn't know how to fix it, thanks for that, I thought they just had really shitty computers :/
              (\ (\
              ( ^_^)
              (_(")(")

last.fm
              "I like my coffee black, just like my metal."

Comment

Working...
              X