It wont start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wont start.

I've played continuum for well over a year on this computer, it was all fine and dandy. I couldnt play it on my sisters computer, i dont know why. It has an arrow then the hour glass then the arrow then the hour glass, flickering non stop. and when you go to control alt delete to close it, it flickers on there too so you cant catch it to close it. its like its trying so hard to open but it wont.

Last night i installed and ran a spysweeper from webroot.com and some antivirus thing that i cant remember the name of. Now my computer does the same thing my sisters does. the only thing i can think of is if i removed a file needed for the game that was infected or something.

help please? im a continuum addict and im going to die if i have to go much longer without being able to play.

i've thought about just restoring the system to a few days ago, but then id have the trojans and viruses back. help me please?

Few things you can try..
    1. If you have any Antivirus software running temporarily disable it then try loading continuum up.
    2. Uninstall Continuum and delete the entire folder before reinstalling (Don't forget to save all your names, passwords and other settings if you need to).
    3. System restore will most likely fix this and you can at that point use something either than the sites/programs you used which may have caused the conflict within Continuum.

In the future try using Adaware, spybot for ad/spyware removal. For system monitoring and virus scanning I would recommend Trend Micro:House Call, AVG or Norton AV. Most people wouldn't consider using "no name" brands in real life, why would here be any different? :bigups:

Comment

Kolar should be given forum powers
      He knows everything and helps all who need it.
      Kolar 4 forum zh
      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

right click continuum icon and go to properties and fiddle with the Compatibility options

Comment

ahh thanks. i completely removed the spyware stuff because i dont need it anymore and it works now. youre good.

Comment

You never should need spyware.

Comment

isnt spyware bad

Comment

Working...
              X