Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TW Artists part III: When mods attack (read the first post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Artists part III: When mods attack (read the first post)

Once again, in an attempt to provide you with only the freshest new flavour on the art scene we bring you TW Artists. Last time I thought the thread died before it's time, and I KNOW there are dozens of you artists out their willing to share your songs/poems/stories/drawing/photos/baloon animals/funnel cake recipes with us.

Once again, the rules:
    Originally posted by wadi
    OKay, since the first thread on this went to shite, we're going to try again, and set some ground rules. The old thread was started with very good intentions, but got off track, and turned into a flame fest.

In this thread you can:
    1.) post creative works, art. That includes BUT IS IN NO WAY LIMITED TO photos, stories, drawings, CG, music, song lyrics, essays, sculpture (if you can figure out how), cooking recipes and/or instructions on making topiary.
    2.)give postive/CONSTRUCTIVE negative criticism on work ("that isn't art" doesn't qualify).
    3.) request work from someone, or discuss collaborative efforts.
    4.) Discuss the work of a specific artist in CIVIL and APPROPRIATE terms, IF you can related it to an ORIGINAL work here. No tagents about non-tw people please. (example: "Your work really reminds me of artist-x, you both have chosen similar colors to work with")

Things I will BAN you for in this thread, and no bitching about not getting a warning, this is your warning right here, and I KNOW you all read the topic post before replying to a thread!

1.) Flaming someone's work. This is a fucking carebear, special olympics type thread. Everyone gets a medal and some kool aid for participating, and if you piss in the kool aid I'm going to curb stomp your ass.
    2.) Claiming you have a monopoly on what exactly is "art". If 10,000 years of civilization has proven anything, it's that you don't know shit about what art is to other people. No really, shut the fuck up before I ban you.
    3.) Random inane, unfunny, bullshit. This is illegal anyway (spam rule), but you can't really say it enough can you (when was the last time you read the forum rules?)

Go to it!
    Links to old threads (for inspiration!):

Part I: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=14229

Part II: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=15425

I may not know art, but I know what I like, and this is a good example:
    Last edited by wadi; 03-08-2005, 10:19 AM.

sage

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
      New one from me...

.Ride the Sound.
      Damnit Wadi, as soon as I posted something new in the old one you closed it. ><
      Last edited by SpiderMage; 03-08-2005, 10:57 AM.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Quote and relink it here if it's current.

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
          Quote and relink it here if it's current.
          Already did.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
          .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

so this girlie keeps flirting with me via poetry. she won't outright hit on me, only under the guise of verse. i played along and gave her my number in what has to be the most creative way i've ever dropped some digits.

knee deep

caught off guard
            candor by candlelight
            shadows dancing on the wall
            while thoughts dance deep within
            it takes two to tango
            will you be my better half?
            or is this dance cart
            destined to crash?
            so many questions
            bubbling to the surface
            intrigue
            anticipation
            a dialtone and some digits
            xxx-xxx-xxxx
            it takes two to get tangled
            knee deep in phone lines
            will you be my better half?
            or will this fragile heart
            echo a busy signal?
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

roses are red
              violets are blue
              i love you

Comment

Hickory dickory dock
                Get on your knees and suck my...

Heard that one on the radio

.Halo.

Comment

Haa i would post some poetry but its not in english and it loses some of its fascination if it is translated and i guess i would do a awfull job at that so ill abstain from posting my poems... -_-
                  A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

i made one too, and put it in the artists Part2.

here's the link to it again.
                    Droid Photomontage
                    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

This Day Hath Been Long
                      Still Not Over, No End In Sight
                      I Enjoy Tasty Cake

Complete And Total
                      The Joy You Bring, Beyond Words
                      But Yet I Still Strive

I Am Lost Within
                      Immortal Soul, Torn Asunder
                      Never To Be Repaired.
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                          Zeus for wolrds best drunken air guitar

Comment

I thought he was trying to waltz really close with paris hilton.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

3.) Random inane, unfunny, bullshit. This is illegal anyway (spam rule), but you can't really say it enough can you (when was the last time you read the forum rules?)

Cundor has been warned -wadi
                              Last edited by wadi; 03-10-2005, 04:31 PM.
                              I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Working...
                              X