Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Virus ?!

Salutations !

I'm experiencing some problems... My games aren't running anymore ! I mostly play 'SubSpace', 'FIFA 06' and 'America's Army'. And whenever I start them, the menu's work fine .. but when I get into the game (xcept for SS as it's not an exceptional tough game to run) my screen just freezes.
    It doesn't make any sense, as I've always been playing these games without any problem. First I thought it had something to do with the games themselves. So I tried playing 'Fifa 05' again ... I have played that game for over a year without any difficulties, and I haven't uninstalled it. So I just tried playing it again .. and guess what ... My screen froze !! So it has nothing to do with the games, so don't tell me to re-install them.
    It all started like 3-4 days ago. And I also got this weird message a few times .. which I didn't really pay attention on. Until today.
    I took a screenshot and will post it below.

So I googled for it .. and I got this:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_771.htm

And I quote:
    Originally posted by The Site
    Meditation is a file infecting virus. It does not become memory resident. It infects .COM files, including COMMAND.COM.
    Anyone has an idea how to solve my problem ? Because my Virus Scanner does not find the virus. Updated it, and let it search 3 times ... Said I didn't have any virus.

HELP !
    TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
    4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
    4:vys> know it for sure
    4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
    3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
    3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

I forgot to add the picture. So here is my screenshot.
    It was on the top center of my screen .. so I just cut it out, to reduce the size of the file.

TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
    3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?

Comment

Odd!
      That is similar to an error message that Amiga's used to drop.
      Anyway it seems it has something to do with one of your drivers, either the sound card or the graphics card is trowing an unhandled or invalid exception that your kernel cannot recover forcing you to restart your computer... the solution is to run a kernel debugger on the dump file that your OS creates, that file probably contains your whole RAM at the moment of crash... you can trace the driver that is causing the error by using the debugger, i would suggest you to update or reinstall some of your drivers namelly the graphics and sound card. It's not 100% sure of that being the problem it might be something else but that's my first bet.
      A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Woot .. You're talking Chinese ! :P
        But I did re-install my Graphic card drivers already though ... Just something that popped into my mind. Must be a genius or so ..
        But that didn't help.
        Currently scanning for Viruses with an online scanner. Hope it'll show me a virus, delete it and everything is fine again .. but probably not ..

Now tell me what you mean with the kernel debugging..
        It doesn't force me to reboot my pc though .. when I get that msg and I just click on it, it dissapears.

I found another thing .. A lot of subjects are about 'Winamp' when I google for the Guru.meditation thing.. People saying it has something to do with that. And actually .. I had that error msg in the top of my screen. Pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL and noticed I had Winamp running in my processes (but I wasn't running it in my Windows environment).
        So I clicked it to end the 'Winamp running proces' and guess what ... the Message as shown above on the picture dissapeared ..
        So that would mean it has something to do with Winamp....... And that would be weird. Because I've been using Winamp for 4 yrs or so now and never had anything like this !
        TW Web Developer

Comment

Woot .. the program found a lot of mistakes.
          Going to fix those.
          TW Web Developer

Comment

Reminds me of Amiga 500 lool
            FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Working...
            X