Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami Vice the movie (and why it sucked balls) No Spoilers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Vice the movie (and why it sucked balls) No Spoilers!

Most of the time, when given anything particular, I will contemplate the ups and downs - then try to find the common ground in between then lean over to either the left or the right, depending on my own personal bias, in order to better understand this particular thing while minimizing the risk of offending any single person or group of people on either side. I consider myself a rational man.

With all that bullshit I just said out of the way, this 2:10 movie was a complete waste of 2 hours of my life (I'll explain the other 0:10 in a moment). This movie is probably the worst film Michael Mann has directed. The replacement of Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas by pedophile Colin Farrell and former academy winner Jamie Foxx is unforgivable. Quite frankly, the new guys just aren't cool enough. There was no action in the middle of the movie. The story was really confusing in the beginning, and incredibly slow to develop. The love story doesn't really work. And everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was overly dramatic. I kept THINKING shit was going to happen, but it doesn't - and that destroyed the movie along with any interest that I might of had because I was a fan of the series.

What saved the movie from being a complete piece of shit (the other 0:10) was the gun battle in the end, the naked asian chick, the cool cars they were driving, and the cool city scenes that sometimes popped up.

My rating: 2/10. Don't bother with this movie if you've seen the series. Don't pay for this movie if you haven't seen the series but thought the movie might be cool. And no, I'm not advocating illegal downloading of copyrighted material. And yes, I lied in the last sentence.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

ok
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

omg spoilers, now I'm gonna wait for the nekkid azn chixxorz to show up for the first 2 hours...
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

yeah, asian chick was only reason i didn't walk out

bioture: you know the reason the ending sucked was because one of the two (think it was jamie foxx) got scared because he heard REAL gunshots and refused to return to the set? They jad to ghetto-rig some footage and call it a finish.
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I got a free ticket to preview show (yea, it's not on in Finland till next week) so guess I still have to go to see it.
          megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
          L K> taught u what?
          megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
          9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
          9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Agreed, it sucked balls.
            help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
            MegamanEXE> Chao
            MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
            (Sefarius)> ....
            (Hate The Fake)> LOL
            MegamanEXE> You are sick
            MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

I hate Colin Farrell and cannot ever respect Jamie Foxx after In Living Color (HE'S WANDA FFS). Plus I hate mindless action movies (not including anything Arnold, Stallone, or Siegal has ever been in). Never seeing it!

Comment

The TV Show sucked, so I didn't expect anymore than that.
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
                  I hate Colin Farrell and cannot ever respect Jamie Foxx after In Living Color (HE'S WANDA FFS). Plus I hate mindless action movies (not including anything Arnold, Stallone, or Siegal has ever been in). Never seeing it!
                  TBH I'd be with you except that Michael Mann makes some pretty damn good action movies. 'Heat' and 'Collateral' were both above-par, I thought.

According to above posts in this thread Gong Li gets naked in this, so I'm there.
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I'll give you Heat but not Collateral.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
                      Plus I hate mindless action movies
                      I wish this was a mindless action movie but it isn't.
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

i thought it was worth a rental but im fucking pissed i saw it in theaters. a friend told me it was a must-see in the theater, and i have no idea what he was talking about. i figured he was saying that because there were a lot of loud action scenes, but apparently he was saying that because he felt the tear in the asian chicks eye when shes fucking colin farrell is that much more meaningful when its on the big screen. i thought the plot was pretty entertaining, and he did a decent job of making some scenes feel tense, but the shaky camerawork was just retarded and annoying, and the love scenes were unneccessary and boring. if youre the kind of person who enjoys reading a lot of stuff thats not there into movies and then using that as proof that you are smart, you will love this movie. otherwise rent it and fast forward for a minute or two every time you hear slow dramatic music and youll end up with a pretty decent movie.
                        5:gen> man
                        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

too much advertisement

-apple laptops
                          -watches

+
                          too much sex in this movie

cause I often watch the orignal serie and I know there isn't that much sex in it

+

I don't like how they shot the scenes, camera stand

Comment

Working...
                          X