Javs/Baseelim Ressurection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javs/Baseelim Ressurection

Well everyone, I have a new fresh idea, that might just bring a new type of base elim to Trench Wars. I’ve played many years in Subspace, I’ve split most of them between Trench Wars and Hockey Zone. There was a time, where myself, Arilou Lalee’lay and DoCk> hosted the manual elim matches. There was also a time where some of the greats would be seen and found in elim. I believe by changing some things up we might be able to we spark the interest that so many people used to have when playing in elim.
    My main focus is baseelim today. Elim seems to be thriving still, but I believe if we use my ideas, not only with baseelim benefit, but elim could use the same ideas and also benefit.

Baseelim has died and became ?go javs. There are a few reasons why this has happened in my opinion. One is that people hated to wait for the baseelim to end and just played in javs instead. The second is that baseelim, like elim, would have random elim’s which caused people to leave and play javs instead. Finally, I believe people love to have there records kept, some people careless other people see it was a gauge.

My ideas are based of some that Hockey Zone uses (I am a sysop in Hockey Zone and some of the basic ideas there can be applied here). I think ?go baseelim should be killed and replaced by ?go javs, however I want to see some new things implemented, changes and new features are a must.

Part A : 2 Bases

First, we need two separate bases on the map. One base will be the current jav elim match, and the other is the eliminated/waiting to play the next jav elim base. This eliminates people sitting and spec and just waiting, it keeps people involved, and it continues the fun.

The problem I see with this, from the programming perspective is that the spawn zone will be the issue. You make everyone spawn into a small safe zone al-la ?go tourny. From there the bot will warp you to the correct maps based on your elimination status. Then you have to figure out where to warp people. We can warp to “cages” on the side of the map. We need about 100 cages on the edge of the maps. People are warped into the random cage that is a safe zone and can fly out, and they get 10 seconds to fly out of the safe zone, and 30 seconds to get inside of the base. Once a player leaves the cage, he/she may not return or will be spec’d.

Part B : Records / Stats

One thing that has brought people to play ?go javs over and over is there record shown on public display and is not reset. This will cause another new feature to be put into place and that’s the !record command. The !record common, sent to the JavElimBot would pm you the record of players in the elimination match. The bot will be responsible for recording the kills/deaths for each player, and would private freq message the player his/her record after each kill/death, just like tourny. The !record command can also be just a player, a-la !record Doughnut and it would pm the current record of that player to you immediately .

I’d also like to setup, based on the jav elim stats, a monthly reset and page on the website with the top 5 jav elim players from that month. A section on the right side of the front page showing the past months winners, and a link to all previous months would be ideal. Jav Elim would reset at 12:01 AM EST at the first of each month, and immediately post the top 5 players of the month. To qualify you must have a total of 400 Kills/Deaths (That’s Kills + Deaths => 400).

Part C : More Automated

My goal is to make jav elim start only when there are 8 active players playing in the javs arena. Once there is 8 people, the bot should automatically kick in and warp all players into the elimination section of the map. There is no more voting in this version of elim. The bot will use the following for deaths:

8-10 Players = 3 Deaths per player
    11-15 Players = 5 Deaths per player
    15+ Players = 10 Deaths per player

This once again, gets straight to the elimination match, once the bots advertises/announces deaths, that jav elimination match will start in 60 seconds.

Once you are eliminated, instead of being spec’d, you are put into the other base and can kill just as you do currently in javs.
    I’d like to see the advertisement also include a note of the last winner:
    Example: Doughnut won the last jav elimination. Can you win the next? - ?go javs

--------

Lets here your input on this idea.
    Doughnut - Assistant Ban Operator

I like the idea of a place for eliminated players to go, a place like go javs but within the same map, correct?

Comment

It's one map with two bases. One base is the elimination base, the other is for eliminated players/players waiting for elim and for play with less then 8 people.

Comment

If this could be implemented it would be nothing but positive.

Many times I'll go into base elim and see 2 or 3 people in and not really be interested in playing and go directly to ?go javs and hopefully I'm not alone on this.

Someone like me goes to ?go baseelim sees this and leaves, 1 minute later someone else does, 1 minute later someone else does etc. Of course this is exaggerated but lets say over the course of an hour 60 people came to ?go baseelim and left because 2 or 3 people were only playing and that's not as enjoyable. If they had just stuck around a bit and waited we'd have 60 people in baseelim but who wants to sit around and wait when we log onto play the game which is why ?go javs is so popular.

With inertube's proposal it would eliminate this from happening. We wouldn't have 3 or 4 going at it in base elim we'd have 8+ in this combination javsbaseelim.

It would also be healthy for the community for those people who play more casually and flock to ?go javs simply due to the numbers you see when you type ?go arena. Once they get a taste of a more competitive game they'd begin to improve and more competition would sprout. I know for myself I didn't really start to love the game and be 'addicted' until I had the desire to win and cared about things like my record. Although not everyone feels that itch it would suck the competitive ones in even more and continue to help the community grow. One example would be more competitive players in TWL, many good javelins become good warbirds who become good basers and the competitive chain reaction is positive for all those involved.

I vote do it, baseelim is pretty much dead and this could revive it to it's glory days where we'd enjoy non stop elim and baseelim at all hours of the day. The state the elims are in now are worse than it was when javs and wbs were played in just ?go elim.

It's at an all time low, fire ?go baseelim for he's not very good at establishing a solid needs analysis and extremely unfamiliar with the sales process, when I'm sitting there in spec he doesn't even overcome my objections. ?go baseelim is a salesman, needs to present his product to encourage people to p(l)ay and he's no where near to making his projected goals.

Hire the new guy, if he isn't fit for the job at least we are stepping in the right direction.

Comment

this is what baseelim needs, kill the ?go javs arena and have the ?go javs arena set up as the alternative waiting for next belim game/kill time jav base in baseelim. Is anyone able to program this? im sure this would revive baseelim to its former glory, or near abouts. Players who come to play the ?go javs map would occasionally be interested in popping into the belim base to play more competitively, then pop back into the ?go javs arena. Either way, this would bring the belim population back right up and reduce the number of available arenas to tw players which i think needs to happen (there are way too many arenas the population is spaced out thinly across these arenas!)
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

For some reason there is always an implication that people want to play baseelim at al. I like playing in javs, yet I detest baseelim. Why? The playing style in baseelim is purely about running, straying and staying alive.
            For me this change won't mean I will suddenly start to play baseelim, and I'm pretty sure this also goes for the majority of ?go javs players. Else they'd come to the baseelim arena when there is a notification in green (same as people do with elim).

The positive side is that there are more people to chat with in comparison with the current situation, but I don't think it will revive baseelim much in comparison with its current situation.
            If someone is willing to spend time to create the map and bot it might be fun to test it though.
            "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Personally I think having the top 5 players of each month posted on a website for everyone to see would alone be enough to breathe some life into baseelim, not to mention announcing the winner of the last game in a zone message after each elim. If there's one thing people in this game love it's getting some recognition.

Edit:
              Originally posted by Singularity View Post
              For some reason there is always an implication that people want to play baseelim at al. I like playing in javs, yet I detest baseelim. Why? The playing style in baseelim is purely about running, straying and staying alive.
              For me this change won't mean I will suddenly start to play baseelim, and I'm pretty sure this also goes for the majority of ?go javs players. Else they'd come to the baseelim arena when there is a notification in green (same as people do with elim).
              After reading that I'm going from "do it" to "give it a try".
              Last edited by Desire; 03-28-2008, 09:40 AM.
              sigpic
              What is even the elblow?

Comment

Originally posted by Singularity View Post
                For some reason there is always an implication that people want to play baseelim at al.
                In this case they should implement the !notplaying command where the bot would not warp you into the baseelim section of the map, rather into the ?go javs section of the map
                Dice
                TWLB Champions Season 8
                TWLJ Champions Season 8
                TWLB Champions Season 10
                TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

i don't see how this could hurt at all, it seems like a good idea.

the only thing i'm not so excited about is the advert/spam after each match, espeically if its to 3 deaths.

also, maybe a new tileset? same or similar map, just something a little more interesting to look at.
                  .fffffffff_____
                  .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                  .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                  .fffffff\______/
                  .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                  .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                  .fffff\________/
                  .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                  .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by ricko
                    this is what baseelim needs, kill the ?go javs arena and have the ?go javs arena set up as the alternative waiting for next belim game/kill time jav base in baseelim.
                    no, just make it stay in baseelim, i rather go javs to mess around and have fun.
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Keeping baseelim up as it is now would be a mistake. I would rather be able to play while waiting in the same arena, rather then leaving after I'm eliminated.

a2m's idea of the !notplaying command is great. The bot would assume your status is !playing while piloting unless otherwise told via a !notplaying command and it would leave you in the non-elimination base.

Once 8+ players status in game = !playing (assumed when you enter) then elimination starts. If it's less then 8, elimination is automatically turned off at the end of the current elimination and everyone plays in the non-elimination base.

It could be constructed where when there is 7 people, and the 8th person jumps in, the bot goes into a countdown to elimination time. There must be 8 people in with the status of !Playing for, lets say 3 minutes. This avoids people just jumping in to start elimination.

I honestly believe this is the way elimination matches take place in the future. If we got this up, and is proven to be a great system, it could very well be adapted into ?go elim also for just warbirds, allowing people to play while waiting, but that is if this is used and shows success.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
                        no, just make it stay in baseelim, i rather go javs to mess around and have fun.
                        this is exactly what I said...have the ?go javs arena still alive, but in the same room as the belim map as the !notplaying room.
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I haven't played in either arena in ages, but this sounds like a good idea nonetheless.

Comment

yes.
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                            1:waven> is if im going to prison
                            1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

thumbs up from the great necromotic
                              LA

Comment

Working...
                              X