advertising (new players)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertising (new players)

look we can change things as much as we like. in the short term it may increase our enjoyment of things for a little while. there'll be a fresh new pub, maybe we'll even work out a system with twd/distension/events that works and enables all three to flourish. bottom line is, that's not enough.

we need new players.

this is the biggest problem i see with trench wars. despite many squadless people running around in pubs as well as a few newbies, it's becoming extremely difficult to find new people in pub. sans irl friends of existing players, i don't think i've talked to someone who has started this game in the last two years. perhaps if i didn't try to recruit pubbers every now and then and spend a moderate amount of time pming them to see what's up i wouldn't be pissed off by that, but i do.

if we don't get any new blood in here then the only possible ways we'd increase the population is to 1) steal players from other zones or 2) get players who quit back into the game. stealing players seems to be happening fairly often, although i'd say eg is doing the best job in that department with their forward-thinking staff who are doing an excellent job at being innovative. getting quitters back is something that happens from time to time, sometimes people take year breaks or whatever then return. i don't think we can rely on this as a way to increase population though because we all know they quit for one reason or another.

anyway, we need new players. what do you suggest we do about this?

personally, i don't have any bright ideas. those "vote on this webpage" ideas are alright, but how many people visit those? i think we should set up a donations tab, and advertise for this game.

those are just my two cents though and when everyone starts yammering about how change is needed, i get frustrated because if things keep going the way they've been going there won't be anyone to see the change.
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

You're putting the cart before the horse. If we're going to be serious about making changes to improve the zone, we should get that started before we start attracting new players.

Comment

well donations would be great so would advertising. But the best way to get back old players. Send a forum message. There has to be 10k people registered to these forums, all you need to do is have an admin send a Merry Christmas email or something and even if 1 percent come back thats 100 people.

Edit: Members: 3,467 so 34 people at 1 percent
      Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
      2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
      2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
        You're putting the cart before the horse. If we're going to be serious about making changes to improve the zone, we should get that started before we start attracting new players.
        Yeah, exactly. I think that's pretty much been decided already, too.
        sdg

Comment

Take a hint from AOL!

If we want new players in this game, here's what to do. Take a hint from AOL! Start mailing out free CD's. This could be financed through donations and merchandise. I know I'd buy a T-shirt and a coffee mug to support that cause. We don't have to hit every single person, but how about hitting a couple of major cities hard with free CD's? Or, if the mail is too expensive, get a few grocery stores to carry a rack of them. It might just work.

Comment

dank budz that is a great idea, i'll get right on it
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

And get gaming shows to mention it. Giantbomb, a very huge gaming community (by the guys who left gamespot), briefly mentioned playing subspace on their latest podcast. It prompted me to come on and play for the first time in a while :/

Comment

Originally posted by Krusnik View Post
                And get gaming shows to mention it. Giantbomb, a very huge gaming community (by the guys who left gamespot), briefly mentioned playing subspace on their latest podcast. It prompted me to come on and play for the first time in a while :/

Okay I better see you online later then! I happened to get on the other day and saw Ajant and Rubber_Bomb... but no Majin!!
                .fffffffff_____
                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                .fffffff\______/
                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                .fffff\________/
                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                .fff\__________/