Viacom = the devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viacom = the devil

So I was pretty much convinced Viacom was the devil after they tried to sue Youtube for a billion dollars + all the IP addresses and upload histories of its users. Now I'm utterly certain. It appears that this giant conglomerate isn't raking in the billions of dollars it apparently needs form lawsuits, so they're upping the 'carriage fees' by 20+ %. Supposedly that's like a 39 million dollar increase in fees.

Time Warner Cable and one other company haven't agreed to pay the increase so far, so last night I see a scrolling message along the lines of
    "ALERT!! ALERT!! The channel you are watching will not be available after tonight, along with Comedy Central, MTV, Nickeloden, TV Land, and 16 other channels. If you want to keep watching these channels, call Time Warner Cable at 1-800-xxx-xxxx or for (other company) call 1-866-xxx-xxxx and demand that they keep these channels! ALERT! ALERT!"

I read some articles today saying that Viacom says it only equates to a 23 cent increase on the monthly bill.

WTF is going on? Anyone else wondering why the fuck Time Warner isn't paying up? Is it just over web content? I mean fuck viacom, but I don't want to have to watch comedy central and shit on the internet all the time.
    .fffffffff_____
    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
    .fffffff\______/
    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
    .fffff\________/
    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
    .fff\__________/

yea i saw this shit too last night lol.
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

regardless of if it's only 23 more cents a month, you have to think of it from Time Warner's shoes

that's 23 cents from each customer right? 39 million they'd be losing each year, for some bullshit fees? Nah, I wouldn't pay that shit either. They're betting on the uproar from the shows not being available to make Viacom pussy out
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
        regardless of if it's only 23 more cents a month, you have to think of it from Time Warner's shoes

that's 23 cents from each customer right? 39 million they'd be losing each year, for some bullshit fees? Nah, I wouldn't pay that shit either. They're betting on the uproar from the shows not being available to make Viacom pussy out
        yeah that's kinda what i'm hoping. they are arguing that viacom makes money off of internet advertising, and also that they (TWC) aren't making as much off of selling adtime anymore for these channels b/c ppl are watching their shows online. Personally I kinda respect them for not wanting to pay what they call an "exorbitant" increase, but I still want to watch the TV shows I bought cable for. It's kinda like when they threatened to shut down youtube/google with litagation unless they caved into their demands.

been asking my dad who works for TWC in hr, but haven't heard back from him. last i heard they're still negotiating.

edit: from the website

Statement from Glenn Britt, President & CEO, Time Warner Cable

Re: Viacom’s threats to pull MTV Networks from Time Warner Cable customers
        December 31, 2008

Christmas is over, but Viacom is still playing Scrooge, threatening to pull its MTV Networks off of Time Warner Cable at midnight tonight unless we ask our customers to pay exorbitant price increases.

Viacom claims their demands equate to “pennies,” but that is misleading and insulting to our customers, from whom Viacom is trying to extort another $39 million annually – on top of the hundreds of millions of dollars our customers already pay to Viacom each year. That doesn’t sound like pennies to us. Demanding that our customers pay so much more for these few networks would be unreasonable in any economy, but it is particularly outrageous given the current economic conditions.

We sympathize with the fact that Viacom’s advertising business is suffering and that their networks’ ratings have largely been declining. However, we can’t abide their attempt to make up their lost revenue on the backs of Time Warner Cable customers. We’ve negotiated in good faith and made several concessions to help reach a fair and reasonable deal. We’ve asked for an extension of the current contract while we continue to negotiate. But Viacom doesn’t appear to be interested in what’s fair and reasonable for American consumers – they’re only interested in propping up their sagging bottom line, and they are poised to pull their networks from Time Warner Cable customers tonight.

Huge price increases like what Viacom is demanding threaten the ultimate value of cable TV. Time Warner Cable is a retail distributor of products we purchase wholesale. Wholesale programming costs are rising dramatically every year, and, like all multichannel distributors, we have to pass on at least a portion of the increases to our customers. Viacom’s MTV Networks are just a few of the hundreds of channels we carry. If every channel demanded huge, double-digit increases like what Viacom is trying to force our customers to pay, it would be impossible to keep the price of cable reasonable for our customers.

Time Warner Cable has reached hundreds of distribution agreements with other networks. In fact, we currently have deals with every other cable programmer. The negotiations aren’t always easy, but we work hard to reach agreements that are fair to our customers and to both businesses.

We hope Viacom won’t pull the MTV Networks from Time Warner Cable customers, and we’ll negotiate up to the last possible minute and beyond. But ultimately, it is Viacom’s decision. We implore them to join with us to reach a fair resolution or grant an extension, and we hope they won’t carry through with their threat to take their networks away from our customers tonight.
        .fffffffff_____
        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
        .fffffff\______/
        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
        .fffff\________/
        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
        .fff\__________/

Comment

Most likely all organisations in the Global 500 serve the darklord.
          Scripture says satan has dominion over Earth and grants power/knowledge to whom he wishes.
          Kinda obvious when the majority of these companies have logos that are thinly disguised occultist symbols.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's pretty bullshit. I'm not funding their war vs ... me, and my fellow YouTubers. lol
            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by TagMor View Post
              Most likely all organisations in the Global 500 serve the darklord.
              Scripture says satan has dominion over Earth and grants power/knowledge to whom he wishes.
              Kinda obvious when the majority of these companies have logos that are thinly disguised occultist symbols.
              exactly 100% correct, listen to this man
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Viacom is really acting inappropriately. When a business is shrinking you don't simply jack up the prices on what you have left. You need to find a way to grow, new products, new markets, whatever.

I've read a couple articles on this and I love how Viacom felt it was not appreciated, like their feelings are hurt and they want to get paid for it now.

Here's an idea, stop producing SHIT.

Edit: By the way, tagmor also thinks that Santa Claus is Satan.
                (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

glad i switched to ATT u-verse tv and dsl! also, go vonage!

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
                    Edit: By the way, tagmor also thinks that Santa Claus is Satan.
                    Santa is a fictional representation of Satan. Its purpose and origins are quite complex but ultimately occultist in nature.
                    Apart from "Santa" being an anagram of "Satan", there is the conflict between santa and Jesus as the essence of Christmas and also the conflict between Jesus promoting spiritual virtue, and Santa promoting materialistic.

More importantly the dynamics of the Santa myth create a trust (faith) system similair to Christianity..
                    Kids are told (lied to) there is an old man who magically knows if they are good or bad and will reward them if htey are good.
                    When they are told it is bullshit and their entire faith system collapses, it can be very difficult to believe in Jesus.
                    sigpic

Comment

You make tone look like a genius.
                      (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Happy new year bitches!!!!!
                        sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                        I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                        tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                        im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                        i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
                          You make tone look like a genius.
                          So you are saying you would first believe in little green aliens before something that has been extensively identified throughout history?
                          just go bang your cow bell.
                          sigpic

Comment

How has that been extensively identified throughout history. You are talking about Satan and Jesus, and none of those have been proven to exist (the person Jesus yes, the Jesus we refer to when we talk about him, no).
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Wtf are you talking about?

The issue of proving the existence of God is about Faith.. try googling it. I am not going to get into it here but It is significant that the idea of Faith was distinguished long before anyone had even comprehended the sciences.

In regards to being "identified".. walk out your front door, there is probably a christian church within ear-shot. Or if you are in the U.S look at your money, or recite hte pledge of allegiance. Or if you are in Canada or Australia read their constitutions.. Or read how democracy was born from Christian ideals. Or read just about any literature from 100 years back and see how prominantly God is mentioned.

I think it is quite nieve to presume your ability to determine the existence of God is somehow more inept than thousands of years of Human history..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X